PDA

View Full Version : Iksar Monk - Throwing weps?

iruinedyourday
05-23-2015, 08:19 PM
I was wondering if there was already a thread, or if someone could help me learn how to deal with being an iksar monk, who seemingly always needs to buy throwing stars and stuff, but while leveling is Kos to every merchant everywhere.

Is there some stuff I can do to refil thrown weps easily on this character in Mm/solb/guk areas? Any help would be appreciated!

nyclin
05-23-2015, 08:27 PM
Mages are your best friend unless there's a vendor you can FD to and sneak behind

For solb you can use this vendor in EC: http://wiki.project1999.com/Ponila_Quickfingers
For guk you're kinda screwed
For MM you can try the vendor in the Kelethin Rogue guild if you have big balls: http://wiki.project1999.com/Merchant_Gililya

iruinedyourday
05-23-2015, 08:37 PM
oh cool thanks!

Lune
05-23-2015, 08:41 PM
You can use sneak to buy from any merchant.

Walk your scaly ass from guk to south ro and buy throwing knives from the dark elf camp

For SolB, go to the gypsy camp in Lavastorm

For MM, I think you might be kinda boned.

Throwing knives work fine in those places because it's close quarters anyway.

iruinedyourday
05-23-2015, 08:52 PM
This is awesome thanks! Total monk newb.

webrunner5
05-24-2015, 08:49 AM
You can pretty much buy and Bank ANYWHERE between Sneak and FD when you get good at it on a Monk. :) Little harder with a SK or Necro because of it being a Spell.

Naprox
05-24-2015, 08:55 AM
Level up Blacksmithing and make your own javelins in ECab. Won't take long or much plat.

trinkets
05-24-2015, 08:57 AM
Since no one else mentioned it, you can sneak to buy from merchants as a monk.

Pookieson
05-24-2015, 09:00 AM
javelins ftw

Messie
05-24-2015, 11:27 AM
I got most of my throwing weapons from the gypsy camp in oasis of marr. it was always the closest to EC tuns, could grab a sow and run there relatively quick! I forget the name of the vendor, but just look around on each one, they are called throwing daggers I believe.

Swish
05-24-2015, 01:53 PM
I got most of my throwing weapons from the gypsy camp in oasis of marr. it was always the closest to EC tuns, could grab a sow and run there relatively quick! I forget the name of the vendor, but just look around on each one, they are called throwing daggers I believe.

I'm not 100% but isn't there a throwing wep vendor at the inn just along from orc 1 in EC?

Synthlol
05-24-2015, 02:08 PM
I was wondering if there was already a thread, or if someone could help me learn how to deal with being an iksar monk, who seemingly always needs to buy throwing stars and stuff, but while leveling is Kos to every merchant everywhere.

Is there some stuff I can do to refil thrown weps easily on this character in Mm/solb/guk areas? Any help would be appreciated!

Press the key for Sneak until you start walking slow, then slowly walk behind a merchant who sells ranged items and right click on the merchant.

iruinedyourday
05-24-2015, 03:51 PM
I'm not 100% but isn't there a throwing wep vendor at the inn just along from orc 1 in EC?

Yea one of the first replies points her out. In EC, right in between nektulos zone if you were running to west Freeport. Merchant name is tiggles-- Er I mean Quickfingers.

I used FD and sneek for the first time to buy from her last night! Felt goog.

Zuut
05-25-2015, 03:27 PM

Would getting one of these work for you? http://wiki.project1999.com/Skipping_stone

iruinedyourday
05-25-2015, 03:51 PM
Would getting one of these work for you? http://wiki.project1999.com/Skipping_stone

Does that still not get depleted?

Zuut
05-25-2015, 03:55 PM
Does that still not get depleted?

I don't believe it depletes.

Donruss
05-25-2015, 05:24 PM
I am pretty sure it does deplete

iruinedyourday
05-25-2015, 05:31 PM
iirc if u had it quiped, and never unquiped it, it would continue to not deplete.. but if you re-equip it, it does...

idk if that is made up in my head or what, but its what I remember.

I wonder if that is true, and if it is, if it means looting your corpse counts as re-equiping it?

I would also like to add the word deplete again, cus I like that we kept saying deplete lol

Oleris
05-25-2015, 05:34 PM
iksar friendly merchant in OT that sells throwing stars/rations as well. I see him once every 20ish hours of play time when I need to OT hammer to sell/bank.