PDA

View Full Version : Fastest leveling classes non-twink... your opinion!

Caridry
05-24-2015, 10:09 AM
I just want to see if the community is divided on this or if it still holds true. Just a fun experiment for myself....

Ill start

Bard > enchanter > mage/necro > druid > shaman >monk > wizard > cleric > rogue > other hybrids

Donruss
05-24-2015, 10:17 AM
Mage is really anywhere near necro?

Bboboo
05-24-2015, 10:20 AM
Druid is a little slow till you hit 30, from there it's fairly fast solo with some duo.

But Bard will probably always be fastest, least on this server.

Caridry
05-24-2015, 10:28 AM
Mage is really anywhere near necro?

as far as non twink leveling speed, I dont see much of a difference between the two. But thats my opinion, thats the fun of the experiment! :D

EQJubilee
05-24-2015, 10:58 AM
as far as non twink leveling speed, I dont see much of a difference between the two. But thats my opinion, thats the fun of the experiment! :D

The difference between necro and mage is the mana regen that the necro gets that cannot be duplicated by the mage imo. Others may add in the undead charming as another differentiator.

cormag
05-24-2015, 12:27 PM
I know a guy playing a bard who is 48 now after like a week and hes still wearing cloth armor :cool:

Will always be bard fastest

Itap
05-24-2015, 01:08 PM
My vote is for Druid. I leveled to 34 with basically cloth/raw hide. Once I got charm animal it was smooth sailing

Boptop
05-24-2015, 01:16 PM
dang, how can you level to 50 inside a week??

blondeattk
05-24-2015, 01:19 PM
necro.

shm comes close to replicating the mana regen in `old EQ` but not actually matchin it.

Donruss
05-24-2015, 01:36 PM
Mage vs necro.

1. Mana regen
2. Charm
3. Feign death (has to save lots of expierence over the time span of 60 levels.)

Swish
05-24-2015, 01:45 PM
Maybe it's a druid... but when you get into the 50s, have you really won?

Seltius
05-24-2015, 03:27 PM
Halfling druid after bard probably

iruinedyourday
05-24-2015, 03:44 PM
Yea put necro above Mage and I don't think I could poke holes in your list

webrunner5
05-25-2015, 09:13 AM
dang, how can you level to 50 inside a week??

Bard, puling 100+ mobs at a time. Pretty easy to do IF you are good at Twisting and don't get dizzy running in circles for hours on end. :D

Trelaboon
05-25-2015, 10:36 AM
I think it depends, because if you're counting from 1-60 the Mage and Bard start to drop off, where classes like Shaman are much slower to 50, but after you get your epic, you level like a pro. Necro remains pretty consistent all the way to 60, but even they are slower than a Shaman imo

milsorgen
08-06-2015, 03:14 PM
Druid is a little slow till you hit 30, from there it's fairly fast solo with some duo.

But Bard will probably always be fastest, least on this server.

As long as your grouping Ive found a druid to be fairly quick progression. Though I guess that's probably true of many classes.

Teppler
08-06-2015, 04:05 PM
Bard is probably fastest to 50. Chanter/shaman fastest 50-55. Necro fastest 55-60.

mr_jon3s
08-06-2015, 04:05 PM
1-50 bard, necro/enchanter, mage, druid, wizard, shaman.
50-60 enchanter/necro/wizardchardok, shaman, druid, bard, mage.

Teppler
08-06-2015, 04:06 PM
I think it depends, because if you're counting from 1-60 the Mage and Bard start to drop off, where classes like Shaman are much slower to 50, but after you get your epic, you level like a pro. Necro remains pretty consistent all the way to 60, but even they are slower than a Shaman imo

Necro reverse charming is exponentially faster than shaman root rotting.

Slave35
08-06-2015, 04:24 PM
I can only speak for these three classes

55-60

#1 druid
#2 mage
#3 shaman

It'd be closer if my Shaman wasn't an Ogre. Mage has a ton of potential that most people don't unlock. But all the potential in the world won't beat charm. That spell has always been broken in Everquest, a game where mobs are often balanced to fight entire groups. I think Enchanter would be even higher on the list.

PS Where can bards swarm kite to level 60? :)

indiscriminate_hater
08-06-2015, 04:38 PM

55-60

#1 druid
#2 mage
#3 shaman

It'd be closer if my Shaman wasn't an Ogre. Mage has a ton of potential that most people don't unlock. But all the potential in the world won't beat charm. That spell has always been broken in Everquest, a game where mobs are often balanced to fight entire groups. I think Enchanter would be even higher on the list.

burning woods, city of mist, timorous, dreadlands. it slows down but still very fast

i think enchanter tops the list of non-bards, though. a competent enchanter can annihilate mobs

Charlievox
08-06-2015, 05:33 PM
I know a guy playing a bard who is 48 now after like a week and hes still wearing cloth armor :cool:

Will always be bard fastest

And i am betting his skills suck!

mr_jon3s
08-06-2015, 05:41 PM

55-60

#1 druid
#2 mage
#3 shaman

So where would you recommend a 55 mage to level at?

DeadlyReza
08-06-2015, 06:16 PM
Maybe it's a druid... but when you get into the 50s, have you really won?

The reason i stopped playing my druid lol juist a tag along for raids and port whore to the guild :(

Baa
08-06-2015, 09:18 PM
The reason i stopped playing my druid lol juist a tag along for raids and port whore to the guild :(

It's ok, you will always the best porter!

indiscriminate_hater
08-06-2015, 09:36 PM
So where would you recommend a 55 mage to level at?

City of mist pretty easy

Swish
08-06-2015, 09:59 PM

There's always time to get those up to scratch :p

Pyrion
08-07-2015, 03:45 AM
About the mage/necro thing: Initially (after level 4) mage is faster. That fire pet DS is totally mana free damage that a necro can not duplicate. But on higher levels pets lose their value and the versatility and mana regen abilities of the necro start to shine. I think the point where necro starts to top mage in progression maybe somewhere around mid levels.

curtischoy
08-07-2015, 11:04 AM
I pretty much agree with OPs list.

Side note: I'm assuming that monks are up there on your list because people say that they can solo, but I've never been able to. Maybe my gear is shit, or maybe it's because I leveled my monk with a dedicated group so I never had to solo, or maybe it is because I am impatient. But how do monks solo? Do you kill one mob and then sit to regen hp, using mend as soon as it is up? I've seen monks in DL bashing the shit out of yetis and I feel like my monk at that level would have gotten beaten.

Shrug. Can testify that ench leveling is super fast. Solo is really fast, cleric duo is faster.

Victorio
08-07-2015, 01:57 PM
Bind wound helps Curtischoy, as well as intimidate

joppykid
08-07-2015, 02:26 PM

Probably a rockstar with the instrument and singing skills tho.

Amyas
08-07-2015, 03:46 PM
Druid Mage Necro Shaman Bard

rollin5k
08-07-2015, 05:23 PM
Mage doesn't need mana regen because they don't use mana to kill u nublets

Raev
08-07-2015, 05:39 PM
Bard > enchanter > mage/necro > druid > shaman >monk > wizard > cleric > rogue > other hybrids

It's a good list. But I think bards should slip a bit; they really slow down when the AE kiting runs out and no one wants their hybrid penalty (I know, it's dumb). Necros should definitely be above enchanters; they just die less. Mage should also slip a bit I think; they aren't fast at 55+. And Shamans are extremely fast with an epic. So I'd go something like:

necro > enchanter > bard > shaman > druid > mage > wizard > monk > cleric > rogue > hybrids

Teppler
08-07-2015, 05:42 PM
Yeah Necros are better at mowing through dark blues in the 50s than chanters. Chanters are better at killing big ticket items.

webrunner5
08-07-2015, 07:26 PM
Since Velious is out it changes a Lot of things. But Druid is NO way at the top in Kunark.

Bard, Necro, Druid, Enchanter, Shaman in Kunark.

Man I am not sure speed wise in Velious. :confused: You have such a small window between living and dying in Velious. Slowing mobs running speed wise has to be a big deal. So I think Shaman is out in it. Same with Enchanter.

So that leaves Bard, Druid, Necro, Shaman, Enchanter in that order to me. Necro can't really Quad like a Druid can, and a Druid can't pull 30 mobs at a time like a Bard can. Shaman, epic one with Torpor, then Enchanter. Enchanters will die a LOT in Velious. Too many mobs summon and resist, and can't be charmed. So they will drop down in Velious.

Wizard, well they are just OOM way too much, now and in Velious. Druid Dots rule over DD.