PDA

View Full Version : Temporary IP Expemtion?

Estolcles
10-18-2010, 03:40 AM
Question:

I'm outfitting my Office/Man Cave/Garage so it has wireless internet. I have a handful of riends IRL who also are on the p99 server. Normally we all play from our homes, but I was thinking of having a straight up nerd-out, and breaking in my garage with food, drinks, and EQ-ing on p99 (maybe even raiding some middle level zones just because we're all there and can communicate without typing).

My question is: Since they already have pre-existing accounts, with attached IP's. If they bring their comps over, do I need to get an IP exemption done before hand so I know it's done in time for the partying/"being nerds" OR because those same comps will be using the same files, just logging on from a different location, it'll all work without hassle?

Kinda clueless to the intricities of the net in cases like this, so any help would be appreciated.

Uthgaard
10-18-2010, 04:02 AM
IP exemptions are done in batches, so yes, it's best to post well in advance, in the petition forum, with the account names.

Nikeeta
10-18-2010, 05:26 AM
may i ask how long it is between batch ip exemptions? Been waiting for a bit over 1 week and i'm not complaining about it, but curious as to when i may be able to start playing with my family.

Norsha
10-18-2010, 06:48 AM
The wait for IP exemptions is well over 2 weeks.

I gave up and am moving on.

Zereh
10-18-2010, 06:54 AM
The wait for IP exemptions is well over 2 weeks.

Not fast enough, obv.

:rolleyes: Z

Uthgaard
10-18-2010, 08:49 AM

Not very well apparently, let me help you out the door.

xshayla701
10-18-2010, 08:56 AM
obv.

Ploppy
10-18-2010, 10:20 AM
I got mine the next day. Just sayin. Have you tried just being polite and patient? I am sure these guys have jobs and want to play EQ with their friends. Just wait and play one person at a time until they fix it. Big deal

fishingme
10-18-2010, 02:31 PM
ip exemptions take about 2weeks, though I think it only took that long is because fixing shit in game took priority over exemptions which are done by the same guy. Although if you arent multiboxing and have a few spare computers for your "friends" you can get a program called "pc anywhere" hook it up on the computers and they can log in at home but control their home pc from one of your spare comps

halbar
10-18-2010, 02:51 PM
I highly doubt anyone would find playing over PC Anywhere or any other remote desktop software to be worthwhile. You'd get about 3 FPS with a good connection.

fishingme
10-18-2010, 05:10 PM
I highly doubt anyone would find playing over PC Anywhere or any other remote desktop software to be worthwhile. You'd get about 3 FPS with a good connection.

Nah, i've done it with Daoc before along with WoW. Was actually really really good

Slumgum
10-18-2010, 07:45 PM
Someone in this thread said the wait is over two weeks. Is that a fluke or what is the average?

My brother sent in a request in the petition forum 6 days ago. I don't mind being patient and I don't want to pester anyone; it is just easier to be patient with an ETA :pOur characters are level 7 and 8, and it is fun, but taking turns leveling is kinda boring!

Thanks for any response

Edit: I see someone else also said two weeks also, hopefully we started in the middle of a two week cycle!

Estolcles
10-19-2010, 09:31 AM
If only I had the reliable internet and extra PC's. :P

I guess this is gonna make planning important. >_>

RealityCheck
10-19-2010, 02:13 PM
It sure is a kick in the ballz to plan and host a LAN party :(

I dont remember these IP requests in the original EQ.

Ploppy
10-19-2010, 02:16 PM
well send them 15 bucks a month for every account you want to play and then you will feel better

fishingme
10-19-2010, 02:20 PM
If only I had the reliable internet and extra PC's. :P

I guess this is gonna make planning important. >_>

i was able to do it on dsl with WoW was always at 50fps with semi-decent computer. I've yet to do it with my new comcast internet =)

RealityCheck
10-19-2010, 02:27 PM
well send them 15 bucks a month for every account you want to play and then you will feel better

I dont believe that your post added anything to the discussion. Kindly STFU ;)

ShivanAngel
10-19-2010, 02:31 PM
I dont believe that your post added anything to the discussion. Kindly STFU ;)

Neither did yours....

Norsha, is that you?! Thought you were moving on.

RealityCheck
10-19-2010, 02:38 PM
Neither did yours....

Norsha, is that you?! Thought you were moving on.

Sure I did, I added the fact that IP exepmtions were not in original EQ.

Mcbard
10-19-2010, 02:51 PM
Sure I did, I added the fact that IP exepmtions were not in original EQ.

Just one of it's many downfalls. ;)