PDA

View Full Version : Quests that were never really solved

Thulghor
05-27-2015, 03:25 AM
A long time ago, I heard rumors (I think it was on the forums) that only about 60% of the quests in Everquest had ever been solved. I'm not sure if that was just hearsay, or someone from Verant/SOE just talking up their stuff. It did get me wondering though. A few quests do come to mind, such as the Bayle List, and the Holy Partisan of Underfoot. Were the ends of these just unimplemented, or did people just not figure them out?

I dug up this old forum from back in the day (it used to be an EZboard).

http://oldunsolvedquestsineverquest.yuku.com/

It has a few interesting tidbits on it. Maybe there are some answers somewhere?

Grimjaw
05-27-2015, 03:53 AM
the other 40% were bugged or not even implemented in the slightest. therefore we will never know. mystery solved.

jarshale
05-27-2015, 03:57 AM
the other 40% were bugged or not even implemented in the slightest. therefore we will never know. mystery solved.

tizznyres
05-27-2015, 04:52 AM
The fact that these quests were never solved, and the fact that people still talk about it 15+ years later is part of the magic of EverQuest.

Tankdan
05-27-2015, 05:06 AM
The fact that these quests were never solved, and the fact that people still talk about it 15+ years later is part of the magic of EverQuest.

Sorry but they were solved. Every-single-quest that's completable has been solved. An SOE dev confirmed this years ago. The only unsolved ones were apprentice "practice" quests that were never fully scripted and could not be completed. I think they made a 10 year anniversary video saying some quests were unsolved which garnered a lot of confusion. But there is no mystery to be had here.

Smuuglie
05-27-2015, 05:25 AM
Thats exactly what they would say if they wanted you to NOT KNOW ABOUT THE TRUTH!
#conspiracieseverywhere

Pookieson
05-27-2015, 06:24 AM
ive always been curious about the terrorantula thing...

Jimjam
05-27-2015, 06:31 AM
And the lenses of the named evil eyes!

And the various named pelts that drop throughout norrath (I think these eventually got put into a quest?)

Thulghor
05-27-2015, 07:43 AM
The lost Ironforge daughter quest makes me a bit sad they didn't implement the end of it...until 2002.

http://oldunsolvedquestsineverquest.yuku.com/topic/573/Brohan-Ironforge-s-lost-daughter

Feanoir
05-27-2015, 08:02 AM
I spent months trying to figure out the unfinished molds quests from crushbone...I don't think that one even ever got finished

Axlrose
05-27-2015, 08:13 AM
Being a newbie to these forums still, please do not blast me if it has been discussed before. But could Project 1999 (eventually) finish these quests with their own ideas or versions of endings; or does being "Classic" mean they must remain broken?

webrunner5
05-27-2015, 08:39 AM

Yeah, not a lot of them in North Ro as of late. :D

But it IS on the Sleeper server. So it DID exist I guess.

Jimjam
05-27-2015, 09:12 AM
wasn't terrorantula south ro?

Ocelo
05-27-2015, 09:58 AM
Just came across this one about a month or two ago. I guess it's a broken quest? I looked around and couldn't find anything else about it.

http://wiki.project1999.com/Gigantic_Cracked_Tusk

Portasaurus
05-27-2015, 10:04 AM
There is one thing that has never been done in all of EverQuest.

All I'm gonna say is "Ogre Marinade"

Search the net and you'll see that this was never figured out.

Or WAS IT??

http://i.imgur.com/7psVaCS.jpg

Ravager
05-27-2015, 10:06 AM
It'd be cool if after Velious when they add custom content that they write up a few quests using the broken quest drops.

dealicious
05-27-2015, 10:25 AM
It'd be cool if after Velious when they add custom content that they write up a few quests using the broken quest drops.

They said in a stream that they will probably add custom content after velious is done....

slappytwotoes
05-27-2015, 12:06 PM
Being a newbie to these forums still, please do not blast me if it has been discussed before. But could Project 1999 (eventually) finish these quests with their own ideas or versions of endings; or does being "Classic" mean they must remain broken?

In almost every case, they're following the classic timeline. Which means broken quests from Kunark that were eventually fixed in Velious, will be Velious-era here. The Monk shackles are a good example.

Some quests will never be fixed per our timeline and *so far* its said those will remain broken.

It'd be my (and a great many others) greatest wish to fix any broken quests for the era they were intended to be. Perhaps a different decision will be made for the reboot server they're planning that strictly follows the expansion release timeline.

Rararboker
05-27-2015, 12:07 PM

Would probably be easier if the devs took code from live and put it up here. But the way the server works is that they have created all of this from scratch. Nothing is copied from the live servers. So the only quest which are here are ones which were known about. That is why you won't be able to find unknown quest here, sadly.

Buellen
05-27-2015, 07:20 PM
Don't remember where i read this:

The orc shaman apprentice in west commons would occasionally drop unreadable scroll (don't rem the item exactly). when you took these scrolls ?? to the gnome that spawns int he bar in east freeport you would get a low level spell in return commonly but on rare occasions you could get a recipe for trade skills.

It was postulated that this is the only way one could find the unsolved recipes but would take a horrendous amount of time.

A few years ago i tried this on eqmac as that was the most unsullied (changed code of eqlive available at the time) I did it roughly 20 times and i did get recipes occasionally about 1 in 10 scrolls but they where known recipies from the books available at various merchants. IT could have been possible to maybe get some unknown trade skill recipe, but i could not dedicate that much time to this project as i busy raiding and doing all kind of crazy quest on eqmac at the time.

Kaezyr D`Shiv
05-27-2015, 07:36 PM
wasn't terrorantula south ro?

Just last night I was on an alt running through South Ro on a CR and I saw Terrorantula being hassled by a level 43 female human monk. So it is here on P99 and does spawn in South Ro. All I know is I was level 9 and it conned very red!

Buellen
05-27-2015, 07:49 PM
A lot of those old quest where not really intended to be quest.

Example: Mammoth hide quest in surefall glade it does have one turn to the druid npc who's son is eaten by mammoth for the bayl list II i believe, BUT if you talk to the two bear/fox armor guys in qeynos hills and ask them about mammoth hide they will imply a quest which does not work.

for kicks and data i log into live and killed mammoth few times <needed to know faction hits for here on p1999> i did the turn into the mourning druid for bayle list.

Had a few extra mammoth hide and headed to qeynos hills and tried to turn in the hide to the two npc their and no luck they would not take it at all even though they said they pay "TOP DOLLAR" hehe that is exactly what they say when you ask them about mammoth.

Thiefboy777
05-27-2015, 09:35 PM
What about the sphinxes, what's up with them? Isn't there also some random darkelf that spawns in sol b too?

Kender
05-27-2015, 10:00 PM
the sphinxes was a quest line they never finished developing