PDA

View Full Version : Farming seafuries - bard charm dotting

Saludeen
05-27-2015, 03:18 PM
Just showing you the method I use. I don't think there's a faster way to farm them. Should have better quality videos when I buy a new computer.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZPcf...ature=youtu.be

Charm > pet attack > Chords of Cessation > Chant of Frost > Chant of Flame > heal / selos > repeat by charming the one you just damaged.

falkun
05-27-2015, 03:20 PM
http://www.project1999.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=63

Cecily
05-27-2015, 03:27 PM
You spent 3 mins killing 2. My ranger OR druid melees seafuries down in 1 min. Your argument is invalid.

Swish
05-27-2015, 03:30 PM
Fear kite with a necro spectre pet works p well...very little downtime.

SamwiseRed
05-27-2015, 03:34 PM
There is a way faster method than this on a Bard :P

Also to OP, HT may or may not be up.

Saludeen
05-27-2015, 03:39 PM
You spent 3 mins killing 2. My ranger OR druid melees seafuries down in 1 min. Your argument is invalid.

* faster method for a bard

Saludeen
05-27-2015, 03:40 PM
There is a way faster method than this on a Bard :P

Also to OP, HT may or may not be up.

Maybe. What method is that? Melee / fear?

Trollhide
05-27-2015, 05:46 PM
Can you keep that pace up indefinitely with no downtime? Bards can.

Raev
05-27-2015, 05:50 PM
not if they are using charm

Cecily
05-27-2015, 07:17 PM
With a druid? Yes. Ranger needs a break here and there.

Saludeen
05-27-2015, 07:37 PM
Guess the link is broken. Here's a working one.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZPcffrBK82c

Troxx
05-27-2015, 07:39 PM

Charming and dotting I can drop 2 in 1-2 mins.

And no we can't do it forever at that speed. 20 mana per charm - several charms per fight - 1 mana regen standing 2 sitting.

Looooooong afk to get the mana back.

Rararboker
05-27-2015, 07:47 PM
Tbh if you have no downtime it is way more annoying to everyone else on the island. I can kill 4 in the time it takes to cast 6 or 7 nukes. So less than 2 minutes but then I have 15 minutes of downtime and everyone else gets a chance at some mobs. Is my font giant for anyone else?

Yinikren
05-27-2015, 07:49 PM
My SK kills these in a minute with no downtime because epic procs keep me at 100% and 58 pet isn't really bad dps.

Cecily
05-27-2015, 07:50 PM
That's why I don't quad on druid. Oak, regen, ds, arms, epic, ro, melee, and robe clicky heals works pretty quickly and epic kills it while you look for something else.

kaustik
05-27-2015, 09:14 PM
I got you beat with one word mr bard. ROOT.

khanable
05-27-2015, 09:16 PM
scimitar of lifestealing + fungi + iksar regen + 300 range bow/arrow = I chain kill these and my health doesn't ever go down.

waffel
05-27-2015, 10:39 PM
ITT: dick measuring

aGenda
05-27-2015, 11:02 PM
This method seems really slow for a bard. Why not gather up 6+ seafuries, charm one, and use tab-targetting to rapidly sic that one pet on all the others? This gets 5+ seafuries beating on your 1 pet, his health will go down fast...finish that one off with dots after 1-3 rounds of this and move on to the next.

To speed this up, pull in the lizard and suicide your seafuries against it. Eventually lizard will also be low, so free kill there as well.

zanderklocke
05-27-2015, 11:25 PM
Charm dino or dwarf merchant. Give them two weapons and send them at a mob. Keep snare/slowing the one you are killing while also dotting it. Reap profits. Should take about 15-30 seconds per kill.

Dino is for sure the best pet by far in OOT; however, I imagine with the higher server population now, he's almost always camped.

zanderklocke
05-27-2015, 11:27 PM
This method seems really slow for a bard. Why not gather up 6+ seafuries, charm one, and use tab-targetting to rapidly sic that one pet on all the others? This gets 5+ seafuries beating on your 1 pet, his health will go down fast...finish that one off with dots after 1-3 rounds of this and move on to the next.

To speed this up, pull in the lizard and suicide your seafuries against it. Eventually lizard will also be low, so free kill there as well.

If I recall, swam (charm) kiting aggro doesn't work properly on this server, so this doesn't work after the first mob is dead. However, this might have been fixed since I haven't tested in awhile.

SamwiseRed
05-27-2015, 11:28 PM
Charm dino or dwarf merchant. Give them two weapons and send them at a mob. Keep snare/slowing the one you are killing while also dotting it. Reap profits. Should take about 15-30 seconds per kill.

Dino is for sure the best pet by far in OOT; however, I imagine with the higher server population now, he's almost always camped.

trade secrets.

Jaxon
05-28-2015, 01:54 PM
About 90 seconds for a level 49 mage with the clicky staff from Chardok. That works pretty well if you aren't level 60 with a million plat worth of gear, although I really like the charming idea too.

Saludeen
05-28-2015, 02:29 PM

I tried both mobs and I found that method to be worse for a few reasons. One mob dies just as fast as two because the dots do less damage while its moving, and I have to twist selos + snare due to resists and their run speed, as opposed to using those 2 slots for dots. The increased DPS from the dino or dwarf merchant with weapons compared to the seafury DPS doesn't seem to counter the loss in DPS from 2 less dots and a moving mob. Even if it did, then it would have to out dps the two seafury method so much that I could kill 2 mobs (which includes pulling the second mob) faster than I could kill the two seafuries against each other. The dinosaur also has higher resists against charm. Thus, killing two seafuries seems to be faster, safer, and easier, but I havn't timed it to be 100% sure.

iruinedyourday
05-28-2015, 02:37 PM

Unless they are relying on charm, then they really really can't, 1 manna a tick!

zanderklocke
05-28-2015, 02:52 PM
I tried both mobs and I found that method to be worse for a few reasons. One mob dies just as fast as two because the dots do less damage while its moving, and I have to twist selos + snare due to resists and their run speed, as opposed to using those 2 slots for dots. The increased DPS from the dino or dwarf merchant with weapons compared to the seafury DPS doesn't seem to counter the loss in DPS from 2 less dots and a moving mob. Even if it did, then it would have to out dps the two seafury method so much that I could kill 2 mobs (which includes pulling the second mob) faster than I could kill the two seafuries against each other. The dinosaur also has higher resists against charm. Thus, killing two seafuries seems to be faster, safer, and easier, but I havn't timed it to be 100% sure.

I was doing this at level 60 to farm seafury drops. I probably had a very different resist rate than your 52 bard.

Secrets
05-28-2015, 02:57 PM
Bitches don't know about Kelethin Guard farming.

0.3-0.7% exp per kill + guaranteed 12p each kill.

Banker in the same area as guards.

No downtime.

Each kill takes approx 2 minutes.

5 minute respawn rate on each guard. 16 guards total.

Tons of newbies to spectate your awesome kills.

Can't beat that.

Saludeen
05-28-2015, 04:29 PM
I was doing this at level 60 to farm seafury drops. I probably had a very different resist rate than your 52 bard.

You're right about that, but lets compare the potential damage for each method.

Seafury melee + 3-4 dots standing still for bonus damage.
Allizewsuar melee + 2 nerfed dots (3 without selos, and chant is weaker than cessation).

I find it hard to believe that the second method would kill one seafury twice as fast while factoring in the time it takes to pull the second mob. If it doesn't kill the first mob twice as fast, then its more efficient to kill two seafuries at the same time. Maybe it just needs to be tested, or play a necro.

zanderklocke
05-28-2015, 05:32 PM
What if I gave the dino a haste item in addition to two weapons? I did that a few times with the summoned mage mask.

I mean I haven't run actual numbers, but I used to use two seafuries against each other with DoT songs a fair amount prior to using Quag, the dwarf merchant, or dino as a main pet. It always felt faster when I had a stronger pet mob dual wielding behind the mob I held aggro on with slow/snare. A dual wielding mob adds a lot more damage than just regular seafuries punching each other. I typically would twist 3 DoT songs too (fufils and the fire and cold chants); I didn't need selos if mob was snared/slowed. I haven't run the numbers, but it definitely felt faster.

Saludeen
05-28-2015, 10:13 PM
What if I gave the dino a haste item in addition to two weapons? I did that a few times with the summoned mage mask.

I mean I haven't run actual numbers, but I used to use two seafuries against each other with DoT songs a fair amount prior to using Quag, the dwarf merchant, or dino as a main pet. It always felt faster when I had a stronger pet mob dual wielding behind the mob I held aggro on with slow/snare. A dual wielding mob adds a lot more damage than just regular seafuries punching each other. I typically would twist 3 DoT songs too (fufils and the fire and cold chants); I didn't need selos if mob was snared/slowed. I haven't run the numbers, but it definitely felt faster.

That may be faster with haste.