PDA

View Full Version : Min/Max Shaman Race?

fiveeauxfour
05-28-2015, 05:27 PM
Been wanting to make a shaman recently, but I cannot decide which race is the best.

I tirelessly searched the forums and found nothing on this topic. I was under the impression ogre was good but trolls have regen. I'm lost. Any advice would be great.

Thoughts/opinions?

iruinedyourday
05-28-2015, 05:28 PM
lol iksar for robe and chance at GM event guise of the deceiver.. Mobs will get on their knees and beg you to frontal stun them while they massage your feet.

Miss my best friend :(

Lune
05-28-2015, 05:29 PM
I tirelessly searched the forums and found nothing on this topic.

o rly?

is this thread a new meme or something

the shaman class race combo can be a debate, or a frendly discussion. First off you must ask yourself, what type of shaman am I personaly. Do i prefer to stand among my friends and cheer them on, or do I prefer to go at it alone? What type of pants are my favorite types of pants and do I like the water or drier climates. The next thing that one must ask themselves is should a shaman that uses a hitpoint advantuage rely heavily on an element of suprise when attacking formidable enimes trolls or goblins, or should a strategy of pure face pushing and brandshing dps at a rate that cannot be found availble at previous levels of a formidable discussion? First things first. Make sure you know the answers to all of the above questions when rolling your shaman, the next thing you need to find the answers to is where is your date of birth and when is your location of birth? Using the values subtracted from the basehitpoints of both the shaman races made availble, even though there are 4 shaman races available, one must then calcuate the arangments they will have with other shamans and creatures when focusing all the energy one would have against pv2 or pv3 sometimes, the ratio can be known as PvE not to be confused with pvp. PVP For a shaman is a race based issue for 3 fold reasons, one being the fact that a shaman cant use broken arrows, which are a primary gift when doing the epic. Using the epic however can prove to be an advantage that cannot be ignored. however one must never forge tthe assistance the thought of using a broken arow may have following a pv3 or pv2 encounter, sometimes after confusion the thought can bring a change in reaction from creatures under the zone you are in and corpse draging can then become intollerable! next you must then think, jaundicated bones or jandicated bronze. Bronze Breast Bones are the best feature you can allocate to a proper starting class, so never think to yourself that using features like these will be a waste of your shamans powerful time. Once your time has been calculated you can see that when using a jaundicated bronze bone breast bone you will have a cloak of theories that will bring you to a planted pollerized decision of gnoll vs larkens mask. when you use larkengnoll masks on your magelo you can see an obvious resistance bonus to resists vs wandering and probiotics. so using fandom and frendship you can bring a shaman of any rank to a level where backwards bronze breastplates will bring a shocking value to the starting city of any iksar.

so never let choice be the reason you make a decision about figuring out which armor class is the best feature for your shaman knight but always bring epic comparisons between your first character and last character when thinking about ratios between starting city and where you ask to be bound, be it by a wizard portal or by a druid portal, or sometimes not by a portal at all but by a lake or a tree, but there are so many trees you can get lost and youll wonder which tree is your bind point when asking someone to do it when trying to move to crushbone but vendoring will be not a problem in this scenario becuse using a bind point by a friend vs a bind point by a stranger means that you know the person but that makes trans continental porting not possible unless using a group.emselves is should a shaman that uses a hitpoint advantuage rely heavily on an element of suprise when attacking formidable enimes trolls or goblins, or should a strategy of pure face pushing and brandshing dps at a rate that cannot be found availble at previous levels of a formidable discussion? First things first. Make sure you know the answers to all of the above questions when rolling your shaman, the next thing you need to find the answers to is where is your date of birth and when is your location of birth? Using the values subtracted from the basehitpoints of both the shaman races made availble, even though there are 4 shaman races available, one must then calcuate the arangments they will have with other shamans and creatures when focusing all the energy one would have against pv2 or pv3 sometimes, the ratio can be known as PvE not to be confused with pvp. PVP For a shaman is a race based issue for 3 fold reasons, one being the fact that a shaman cant use broken arrows, which are a primary gift when doing the epic. Using the epic however can prove to be an advantage that cannot be ignored. however one must never forge tthe assistance the thought of using a broken arow may have following a pv3 or pv2 encounter, sometimes after confusion the thought can bring a change in reaction from creatures under the zone you are in and corpse draging can then become intollerable! next you must then think, jaundicated bones or jandicated bronze. Bronze Breast Bones are the best feature you can allocate to a proper starting class, emselves is should a shaman that uses a hitpoint advantuage rely heavily on an element of suprise when attacking formidable enimes trolls or goblins, or should a strategy of pure face pushing and brandshing dps at a rate that cannot be found availble at previous levels of a formidable discussion? First things first. Make sure you know the answers to all of the above questions when rolling your shaman, the next thing you need to find the answers to is where is your date of birth and when is your location of birth? Using the values subtracted from the basehitpoints of both the shaman races made availble, even though there are 4 shaman races available, one must then calcuate the arangments they will have with other shamans and creatures when focusing all the energy one would have against pv2 or pv3 sometimes, the ratio can be known as PvE not to be confused with pvp. PVP For a shaman is a race based issue for 3 fold reasons, one being the fact that a shaman cant use broken arrows, which are a primary gift when doing the epic. Using the epic however can prove to be an advantage that cannot be ignored. however one must never forge tthe assistance the thought of using a broken arow may have following a pv3 or pv2 encounter, sometimes after confusion the thought can bring a change in reaction from creatures under the zone you are in and corpse draging can then become intollerable! next you must then think, jaundicated bones or jandicated bronze. Bronze Breast Bones are the best feature you can allocate to a proper starting class.

the shaman class race combo can be a debate, or a frendly discussion. First off you must ask yourself, what type of shaman am I personaly. Do i prefer to stand among my friends and cheer them on, or do I prefer to go at it alone? What type of pants are my favorite types of pants and do I like the water or drier climates. The next thing that one must ask themselves is should a shaman that uses a hitpoint advantuage rely heavily on an element of suprise when attacking formidable enimes trolls or goblins, or should a strategy of pure face pushing and brandshing dps at a rate that cannot be found availble at previous levels of a formidable discussion? First things first. Make sure you know the answers to all of the above questions when rolling your shaman, the next thing you need to find the answers to is where is your date of birth and when is your location of birth? Using the values subtracted from the basehitpoints of both the shaman races made availble, even though there are 4 shaman races available, one must then calcuate the arangments they will have with other shamans and creatures when focusing all the energy one would have against pv2 or pv3 sometimes, the ratio can be known as PvE not to be confused with pvp. PVP For a shaman is a race based issue for 3 fold reasons, one being the fact that a shaman cant use broken arrows, which are a primary gift when doing the epic. Using the epic however can prove to be an advantage that cannot be ignored. however one must never forge tthe assistance the thought of using a broken arow may have following a pv3 or pv2 encounter, sometimes after confusion the thought can bring a change in reaction from creatures under the zone you are in and corpse draging can then become intollerable! next you must then think, jaundicated bones or jandicated bronze. Bronze Breast Bones are the best feature you can allocate to a proper starting class, so never think to yourself that using features like these will be a waste of your shamans powerful time. Once your time has been calculated you can see that when using a jaundicated bronze bone breast bone you will have a cloak of theories that will bring you to a planted pollerized decision of gnoll vs larkens mask. when you use larkengnoll masks on your magelo you can see an obvious resistance bonus to resists vs wandering and probiotics. so using fandom and frendship you can bring a shaman of any rank to a level where backwards bronze breastplates will bring a shocking value to the starting city of any iksar.

so never let choice be the reason you make a decision about figuring out which armor class is the best feature for your shaman knight but always bring epic comparisons between your first character and last character when thinking about ratios between starting city and where you ask to be bound, be it by a wizard portal or by a druid portal, or sometimes not by a portal at all but by a lake or a tree, but there are so many trees you can get lost and youll wonder which tree is your bind point when asking someone to do it when trying to move to crushbone but vendoring will be not a problem in this scenario becuse using a bind point by a friend vs a bind point by a stranger means that you know the person but that makes trans continental porting not possible unless using a group.emselves is should a shaman that uses a hitpoint advantuage rely heavily on an element of suprise when attacking formidable enimes trolls or goblins, or should a strategy of pure face pushing and brandshing dps at a rate that cannot be found availble at previous levels of a formidable discussion? First things first. Make sure you know the answers to all of the above questions when rolling your shaman, the next thing you need to find the answers to is where is your date of birth and when is your location of birth? Using the values subtracted from the basehitpoints of both the shaman races made availble, even though there are 4 shaman races available, one must then calcuate the arangments they will have with other shamans and creatures when focusing all the energy one would have against pv2 or pv3 sometimes, the ratio can be known as PvE not to be confused with pvp. PVP For a shaman is a race based issue for 3 fold reasons, one being the fact that a shaman cant use broken arrows, which are a primary gift when doing the epic. Using the epic however can prove to be an advantage that cannot be ignored. however one must never forge tthe assistance the thought of using a broken arow may have following a pv3 or pv2 encounter, sometimes after confusion the thought can bring a change in reaction from creatures under the zone you are in and corpse draging can then become intollerable! next you must then think, jaundicated bones or jandicated bronze. Bronze Breast Bones are the best feature you can allocate to a proper starting class, emselves is should a shaman that uses a hitpoint advantuage rely heavily on an element of suprise when attacking formidable enimes trolls or goblins, or should a strategy of pure face pushing and brandshing dps at a rate that cannot be found availble at previous levels of a formidable discussion? First things first. Make sure you know the answers to all of the above questions when rolling your shaman, the next thing you need to find the answers to is where is your date of birth and when is your location of birth? Using the values subtracted from the basehitpoints of both the shaman races made availble, even though there are 4 shaman races available, one must then calcuate the arangments they will have with other shamans and creatures when focusing all the energy one would have against pv2 or pv3 sometimes, the ratio can be known as PvE not to be confused with pvp. PVP For a shaman is a race based issue for 3 fold reasons, one being the fact that a shaman cant use broken arrows, which are a primary gift when doing the epic. Using the epic however can prove to be an advantage that cannot be ignored. however one must never forge tthe assistance the thought of using a broken arow may have following a pv3 or pv2 encounter, sometimes after confusion the thought can bring a change in reaction from creatures under the zone you are in and corpse draging can then become intollerable! next you must then think, jaundicated bones or jandicated bronze. Bronze Breast Bones are the best feature you can allocate to a proper starting class.

sums it up ebst imo

khanable
05-28-2015, 05:31 PM
gnome

loramin
05-28-2015, 05:32 PM
I tirelessly searched the forums and found nothing on this topic.

You have 200+ posts, which means you're not a n00b, so don't act like one. There are several million threads on this very topic, including (at least) two just in the past month or so.

Try searching tiredly instead, maybe you'll have better luck ;)

fiveeauxfour
05-28-2015, 05:33 PM
http://media.giphy.com/media/55QpDpeG2f0iY/giphy.gif

kingsBlend
05-28-2015, 05:33 PM
Not sure if troll?..

Tann
05-28-2015, 05:36 PM
Iksar

Not fat.
Don't need to fuss over JBB.
All spells in one place.
Regen bonus, helps if newbie more then front stun immunity imo.
Can probably level to 60 entirely in Kunark (only personally tested to 41).
Screw Faction.

Vote Iksar

iruinedyourday
05-28-2015, 05:39 PM
o rly?

is this thread a new meme or something

sums it up ebst imo

:D:):D pras!!

Swish
05-28-2015, 05:40 PM
FRONKTAL STN EIMURNITARRRRGH

waffel
05-28-2015, 05:43 PM
What's the best race for discussing shaman races?

Biddil Arcfire
05-28-2015, 05:44 PM
Florid trolling. Obviously ogre. But must be correct ogre face. Biddil has correct face, never mind Brutillus' /nod

indiscriminate_hater
05-28-2015, 05:53 PM
human shamans are pretty op

jarshale
05-28-2015, 06:26 PM
barb

Grimjaw
05-28-2015, 06:28 PM
ogre: jbb, frontal stun immunity. youll have double regen with ur fungi tunic and fungi staff. channeling ur jbb gonna make u more powerfaul than +2 regen

azeth
05-28-2015, 06:35 PM
also vote ogre but you're about to see everyone else say troll for regen.

Jimjam
05-28-2015, 06:49 PM
1) Polar bear

2) Guktan froglok.

I'm sure we discussed this before.

rollin5k
05-28-2015, 07:02 PM
What shaman wears a skirt?

skwayb
05-28-2015, 07:34 PM
barb wears the kilt

Nikkanu
05-28-2015, 07:42 PM
ogre: jbb, frontal stun immunity. youll have double regen with ur fungi tunic and fungi staff. channeling ur jbb gonna make u more powerfaul than +2 regen
I agree that Ogre is best... at least at 60. Troll is probably best 1-59. They are even enough.

I disagree with your statement about Troll regen. Innate Regen + Spell Regen + Item regen all stack with each other. Fungi Staff regworth is a castable buff so it counts as spell regen. Troll gets 18hp/tick innate (sitting) + 15hp tick from Fungi + 15hp a tick from the spell Regrowth for a total of 48/hp per tick compared to a max of 30/hp per tick for non troll/iksar (With Fungi + Regrowth).

Been wanting to make a shaman recently, but I cannot decide which race is the best.

I tirelessly searched the forums and found nothing on this topic. I was under the impression ogre was good but trolls have regen. I'm lost. Any advice would be great.

Thoughts/opinions?

Florid stop trolling. :P

Darkatar
05-28-2015, 08:00 PM
C'mon now florid, you know the answer already.

Clark
05-28-2015, 09:18 PM
Hands down Ogre.

iruinedyourday
05-28-2015, 10:15 PM
Hands down Ogre.

de/robe wins

EQJubilee
05-28-2015, 11:45 PM
Go Ogre or go home.

iruinedyourday
05-29-2015, 12:01 AM
go de/robe and stay home and sock evrythng!!!

skwayb
05-29-2015, 03:52 PM
I went Barb for faction reasons on live when it came out. Got tired of working on faction just to go to Freeport or Qeynos. On classic before kunark most were playing near good areas on live. Got tired of getting owned. But in the end, lots of faction in velious and some kunark quest so it doesn't matter. But for me I prefer good in the old world.

tizznyres
05-29-2015, 03:59 PM
For purely min/max purposes... it's simple:

Troll / Iksar for +8 HP regen standing or +11 HP regen sitting. Iksar also get bonus AC, while Trolls get innate Slam ability and higher Stamina. Trolls also have -20 Fire resist, while Iksar has -10 Cold, +5 Fire. Between these two, it should be considered that Iksar cannot use Jaundiced Bone Bracer. Depending on how you use your shaman most, this may or may not be an issue.

or

Ogre for frontal stun immunity, innate Slam, and much higher base Stamina. Base Stamina becomes less important at level 60 and pretty moot in Velious, but is quite handy before that.

or

Barbarian for terrible vision, terrible stats, no innate bonuses aside from Slam and +10 Cold Resist, but sporting a very stylish eyepatch face.

I myself chose Ogre because I planned to use the shaman in a lot of duo / trio type situations where they are often torpor + canni tanking slowed mobs. For raid content I'd go Iksar / Troll.

curtischoy
05-29-2015, 04:21 PM
If no one posted this already...here is a link to a thread with 212 replies.

https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...ghlight=shaman

Most hate on Barb, but...

https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...ight=challenge

The only Solo God shaman is a barb.

and here is the link to the thread (over 100 replies) in which I posted this response.

https://www.project1999.com/forums/showthread.php?t=193352&highlight=shaman