PDA

View Full Version : Rogue + Enchanter + ???? What class?

VincentVolaju
05-29-2015, 12:13 AM
Going to make an alt with 2 friends of mine, they are Rogue and Enchanter so far and I am trying to decide which class would go well with those 2 for the trio. Any opinions / suggestions?

Edit: Forgot to add, it's on red server, so PvP will be a thing.

Edit #2: I already have Cleric, so not interested in that =X.

towbes
05-29-2015, 12:18 AM
For PvE I would say shaman will round it out nicely.

I am clueless on what happens on red so can't make a pvp recommendation

iruinedyourday
05-29-2015, 12:36 AM
cleric or shaman for pve!

I would rec cleric over sham.

Synthlol
05-29-2015, 12:38 AM
Cleric, Shaman, Druid, or Wizard are all good choices.

Lune
05-29-2015, 01:19 AM
Lots of things will work well outdoors

An extremely geared paladin would actually be pretty good until about level 50 if you want to be able to work indoors

Otherwise shaman or cleric

VincentVolaju
05-29-2015, 01:22 AM
Lots of things will work well outdoors

An extremely geared paladin would actually be your best bet until about level 50 if you want to be able to work indoors

Otherwise shaman or cleric

I was actually kind of thinking Paladin or Ranger myself. I am expecting to get quite a bit of PvP from 1-50, and was thinking having a melee with some utility might be better then a straight support class.

Why do you suggest Paladin? And what if it isn't "extremely" geared lol? I could get some decent items, but nothing like a Fungi. If not very well geared, would you suggest a diff class?

Lune
05-29-2015, 01:41 AM
I was actually kind of thinking Paladin or Ranger myself. I am expecting to get quite a bit of PvP from 1-50, and was thinking having a melee with some utility might be better then a straight support class.

Why do you suggest Paladin? And what if it isn't "extremely" geared lol? I could get some decent items, but nothing like a Fungi. If not very well geared, would you suggest a diff class?

You want the rogue and charm pet to be able to dps without having to tank. A paladin serves the double purpose of holding agro but also playing support for the enchanter, patching him up when he gets hurt. Can also stun charm breaks and help root things. At earlier levels, the paladin's dps and agro are worth sacrificing shaman/cleric utility for imo. At later levels that is not the case. Before about lvl 40 or so, a twinked paladin also isn't bad dps. Ranger works well too. (I've done some good ranger/ench duos in mistmoore, but I was really geared).

A shaman/cleric can do this too, hold agro and play support, but I think before 45 the utility is kinda overkill while the dps is lacking.

If you can't gear him very well (fungi/haste/great weapon), I would just go with shaman or something. Untwinked hybrids are just kinda bad.

This is purely from a pve perspective, I don't know anything about pvp really

Cecily
05-29-2015, 02:00 AM
I knew a Druid / Enc couple on red who let me level with them on my rogue. It's basically fear kiting outdoors, but that was a decent trio. 2 pets, sow, backstab.

Pyrion
05-29-2015, 04:42 AM
A snaring druid can also be great at aggro kiting (and don't forget ports). You will need heals from time to time, so i would suggest one of the priest classes. You could get away with paladin or even necro as well, as long as they understand that they are the healer of the group.

azeth
05-29-2015, 07:05 AM
Edit: Forgot to add, it's on red server, so PvP will be a thing..

then post it here...

http://www.project1999.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=54

Samoht
05-29-2015, 07:56 AM
For dungeons, this group is going to need a tank *and* a healer. Pick one and then find the other online.

For outdoor aggo kiting, you'll need someone who can snare. Probably a Necro or Druid.

Druid easily fills both roles. Pick that.

falkun
05-29-2015, 08:22 AM
Druid. SoW, ports, snare, heals. Everything the enchanter doesn't have. ENC+SHM will have too much overlap until torpor, and that's a LONG ways away.

Vylan
05-29-2015, 10:19 AM
Druid would be a good choice imo. In a couple months there's going to be a lot more outdoor options as well and the druid will help get around.

Grombar
05-29-2015, 03:04 PM
Outdoors, any class that can snare. Druid, ranger, necro, SK.
Indoors, a class that can tank, War, pally, SK, ranger(until later levels)

Take your pick!