PDA

View Full Version : Best healer class for blue? Go!

serjordanmormont
05-30-2015, 06:49 PM
Best healer class for blue? Go!

dealicious
05-30-2015, 07:37 PM
Cleric...

Ele
05-30-2015, 07:39 PM
Does this need a thread?

Swish
05-30-2015, 07:45 PM
Make a poll at least!

cormag
05-30-2015, 07:45 PM
No checkbox no vote

Bboboo
05-30-2015, 07:53 PM
Snare and Fear.

Swish
05-30-2015, 07:54 PM
Snare and Fear.

This. People only get hit because they're too lazy to fear kite.

tizznyres
05-30-2015, 08:01 PM
Cleric for raid healing, most conventional parties, and charmed pets.

Torpor shaman for spot healing, solo/duo/trio where a charmed pet isn't used, and sustained mana efficient healing where CH is overkill.

GinnasP99
05-30-2015, 09:38 PM
What about shadowbond =(

jarshale
05-30-2015, 10:32 PM
Cleric obviously

Lich
05-30-2015, 11:03 PM
Why isn't Ranger listed?

Sorn
05-30-2015, 11:20 PM
Everyone knows bind wound is the most mana efficient heal.

jarshale
05-30-2015, 11:30 PM
Also where's my jetfuel can't melt steel beams option?

Stormfists
05-31-2015, 03:42 PM
Best "healer" ...

Just compare heal spells of all classes and you have your answer.

B4EQWASCOOL
05-31-2015, 08:07 PM
Nobody has said Fungi Tunic?

Troxx
05-31-2015, 09:03 PM
Voted Druid just to skew the poll :p

The real answer depends on the group and the content. I'll take a dedicated shaman healer for groups where the tank doesn't have the hp to make cheal safe or efficient.

In hard content at higher levels especially with a beefy tank- cleric always wins.

Shamans are still damn good and they will always have more available mana. Toss slows into the mix and they are by far the most capable and efficient assuming you don't otherwise have a slower.

Druids are fine and I've successfully done chardok and done seb groups with them main healing, but they have obvious limitations. Bear in mind I was also barding these groups for mana ticks and up to 35-45 hp/tick hp regen. Without that hp and mana regen Druid might have struggled to keep up.

So yeah depending on content if put it:

Cleric > shaman > Druid
Cleric = shaman > Druid
Shaman > > cleric > druid

slappytwotoes
05-31-2015, 09:27 PM
Necro > Druid

Poor druids

myriverse
05-31-2015, 09:40 PM
Also where's my jetfuel can't melt steel beams option?
Driud = nature = Bush

LoliPops
05-31-2015, 11:17 PM
DRU

captnamazing
06-01-2015, 12:21 AM
Driud = nature = Bush

druid = tree man
tree = bush tower

kaev
06-01-2015, 12:29 AM
druid = tree man
tree = bush tower

you're suggesting it was bush who killed off the druids?

solutionx
06-01-2015, 12:44 AM
necro

Raidz
06-01-2015, 04:16 AM
Pointless or perhaps poorly worded poll.

Best heals in game belong to clerics.

Next week's is going to be "Whats the best class at casting wizard ports?"

Derp.

Secrets
06-01-2015, 04:56 AM
Bush Towers is the best healer.

Jimjam
06-01-2015, 05:36 AM
I suppose you could twist and construe the question in such a way that the answer isn't obviously cleric...

Interpreting the question to be "which class can keep a tank healed while minimising mana expenditure?" Perhaps it would be possible to argue shaman as they are able to reduce the amount of healing that needs to be done through their debuffs, they have regen which is hugely effective if the tanks are constantly being hit, and I suppose even torpor at level 60 with cannibalise when you get a moment to spare...

but even twisting it that way you could argue a human cleric of innoruuk with a snare necklace and fear visor can keep a tank at full hp with zero mana expenditure. So still cleric wins.

Skullder
06-01-2015, 05:48 AM
Who's the best Backstabber in game? start poll... irony off....

Cleric has the best heals in game... all know it or most of us at least this game is enough old for that....

Shaman in some situations have more mana stability due Canni. I like them cause i usually can pull more often with no Out Of Mana every few min.

Druid well.. i am druid mostly... worst healer of them 3 but still can make its way thru main healing a group with the appropiate classes, do have thorns, evac, regen, can snare....

Pyrion
06-01-2015, 07:47 AM
Mage obviously. Uses negligible amount of mana to summon a crapload of bandages. If you measure how much you can heal with that i am sure it's even more efficient than CH from clerics.

serjordanmormont
06-09-2015, 07:50 AM
A lot of sarcastic and douchie answers on my thread here. I was lead to believe that people who play this game were friendly, and not rude.

It's been ages since I've played this and was asking an honest question. I did not know that cleric is overwhelmingly the best healer when druids and shaman are both seem to be viable options.

For those of you who gave an honest answer to try and help a newbie out, thank you for your help.

Pyrion
06-09-2015, 07:58 AM
I apologize for my answer. It was of course sarcastic, not realizing that you are a newbie.

That being said, let me educate you further. While a cleric is clearly the best healing class, that does not mean that it's the best healer for your specific group. You might need other things than pure healing. Shaman's slow will make healing less needed while druids can be a great help with fear kiting/aggro kiting (using snare), making healing obsolete (in open terrain). All classes have other things going for them. Both druids and shamans can speed your party up (spirit of wolf) and druid can port your group to other places or evacuate quickly to a safe destination.

For a small group i would indeed advice a non cleric healer. But for a large group (or the core of one) a cleric is the best. In order for a cleric to be superior you would need a tank as well.

serjordanmormont
06-09-2015, 08:09 AM
I apologize for my answer. It was of course sarcastic, not realizing that you are a newbie.

That being said, let me educate you further. While a cleric is clearly the best healing class, that does not mean that it's the best healer for your specific group. You might need other things than pure healing. Shaman's slow will make healing less needed while druids can be a great help with fear kiting/aggro kiting (using snare), making healing obsolete (in open terrain). All classes have other things going for them. Both druids and shamans can speed your party up (spirit of wolf) and druid can port your group to other places or evacuate quickly to a safe destination.

For a small group i would indeed advice a non cleric healer. But for a large group (or the core of one) a cleric is the best. In order for a cleric to be superior you would need a tank as well.

Thanks for your very helpful response. :)

Clark
06-09-2015, 08:10 AM
Ya unfortunately we have a handful of people here who live to troll. They are very unhappy irl.

Best healers are definitely cleric, and a lvl 60 Torpor shaman with slow. Have a fun time playing 90%+ of the people on the server are pretty awesome.

serjordanmormont
06-09-2015, 08:33 AM
They are very unhappy irl.

Best healers are definitely cleric, and a lvl 60 Torpor shaman with slow. Have a fun time playing 90%+ of the people on the server are pretty awesome.

LMAO unhappy irl.

I've been playing a little bit since this post and I've encountered almost exclusively kind, helpful, and cool people so no worries there.

Been playing a wood elf druid & going back and forth between Human/Lightbringer deity & High Elf/Tunare deity. Druid is fun. Not sure which cleric I like better yet. Any thoughts on either of the cleric choices? All low levels so re-rolling is not an issue if certain clerics are both.

Erati
06-09-2015, 09:56 AM
voted druid bc all of them should have Robe of the Spring for elite healing capabilities

Jimjam
06-09-2015, 10:06 AM
Innoruuk human cleric can get a snare clicky necklace and a fear clicky visor. Fun perks while levelling up.

Daldaen
06-09-2015, 10:13 AM
voted druid bc all of them should have Robe of the Spring for elite healing capabilities

Lol.

serjordanmormont
06-09-2015, 10:20 AM
Innoruuk human cleric can get a snare clicky necklace and a fear clicky visor. Fun perks while levelling up.

Would that be better than just going Dark elf Innoruuk?

Grombar
06-09-2015, 11:20 AM
DE can't get the visor with fear clicky, though its a mid 30s quest.
http://wiki.project1999.com/The_Summoning_of_Terror

Daldaen
06-09-2015, 11:21 AM
Would that be better than just going Dark elf Innoruuk?

Not really. Dark Elf gets the snare neck but not fear mask. I used the snare neck + Undead fear to kill some skeletons in Dreadlands on my cleric. It wasn't too bad, the lowest undead fear is only like 10 mana anyways.

Jimjam
06-09-2015, 11:36 AM
Arguably dark elf is better for the hide button.

It's much of a muchness really; you'll spend most of your life healing. Anything else is just a fun perk and not essential to how most people play the class.

webrunner5
06-09-2015, 01:27 PM
My main I guess is a Druid, but I play 90% Healer Classes. As has been stated a Cleric is pretty much top dog because they get their Healing spells a LOT earlier than the others. So Cleric spells are a bunch more Mana efficient than Druid Shaman. Heck they get Complete Heal at level 39, imagine how big their mana pool is at level 60 with good gear to cast that spell. Add the Epic Clicky CH and BP CH and wow you are a healing machine. :p

But a Druid pretty much is about done at level 52 at healing whole groups alone as the Only healer. And even then you need Clarity to help do it.

So for the big boy stuff, Raids, Hard Dungeons, Hard Mobs etc. you just about have to have a Cleric, or 2 of the others. And When Velious comes out well it is pretty much a Cleric or go home. :D

Not counting the Cleric has a 96% Rez to boot. So pretty hard to turn down a Cleric in a group. :eek:

Wabic
06-09-2015, 01:28 PM
Port to Antonica. Manastone. Gate back. Win.

Kowalski
06-09-2015, 01:52 PM
Reminds me of really-really old wooden ship called Diversity

Schmandis
06-09-2015, 08:24 PM
Depends on the person behind the keyboard. I'd rather have an awesome Druid than a shitty Cleric.

Swish
06-09-2015, 09:03 PM
I voted for all 3.

milsorgen
08-07-2015, 08:59 PM
Does this need a thread?

Everything needs a thread.