PDA

View Full Version : Does Yael have variance?

bktroost
06-01-2015, 01:18 AM
I know Eratani asked a while back and it seemed no one really knew. I think he does, but I'm unsure what it is. Anyone have any idea?

DetroitVelvetSmooth
06-01-2015, 01:34 AM
Yes

jpetrick
06-01-2015, 02:48 AM
No. He doesn't.

cornisthebest
06-01-2015, 03:26 AM
maybe

Lojik
06-01-2015, 06:48 AM
Yes

No.

maybe

I don't know...can you repeat the question?

Relbaic
06-01-2015, 07:24 AM
He does.

iruinedyourday
06-01-2015, 07:32 AM
I honestly thought he didnt heh

Pscottdai
06-01-2015, 07:36 AM
I was certain maybe he did.

iruinedyourday
06-01-2015, 07:39 AM
this thread lol

http://www.mememaker.net/static/images/templates/15789.jpg

Erati
06-01-2015, 09:25 AM
@Nemce - I think I figured out it was +- 4 hours so around 8 hours of variance

But it might be more, however he does have variance

fastboy21
06-01-2015, 10:48 AM
You really think the folks who lock him down are going to tell you that he has an exact spawn timer? Why don't you just ask them for the exact spawn time...

bktroost
06-01-2015, 11:49 AM
I already have the exact spawn time. I have spawn times for every important mob...that information is less private than people think and far easier to get than people realize. This game isn't new, anyone who really cares about that can get it. Secrets are hardly secrets in EQ.

I have a guess at his variance table, but I was wondering if anyone, for the sake of academics, actually kept logs and compiled the information. Watching his spawn times from past logs and seeing what the maximum variance has been. My logs dump previous spawn windows unfortunately, so I don't have this data.

bktroost
06-01-2015, 11:51 AM

Thank Eratani, my logs show nothing more than +-3 hours. If you asked me before this post, I'd have said 6 max variance.

See, that's how you share data. Nothing crucial was given away and the server just benefited from some neat info. If we can verify it through some testing then we could even put it on the Wiki!

How did we survive without the Wiki in 1999?

Erati
06-01-2015, 11:55 AM
+- 3 sounds in line to what I have observed after I struck out making this post myself haha

at least we r not alone in our curiosity Nemce :)

bktroost
06-01-2015, 12:08 PM
+- 3 sounds in line to what I have observed after I struck out making this post myself haha

at least we r not alone in our curiosity Nemce :)

Yeah, thanks for sharing. I think this is one of the silliest things in the world to be proprietary about. FTE and kill timers makes sense, but basic mechanics of a mob is silly.

Thulack
06-01-2015, 12:21 PM
Thank Eratani, my logs show nothing more than +-3 hours. If you asked me before this post, I'd have said 6 max variance.

See, that's how you share data. Nothing crucial was given away and the server just benefited from some neat info. If we can verify it through some testing then we could even put it on the Wiki!

How did we survive without the Wiki in 1999?
Allakhazams, Caster's Realm etc. There was plenty of information if you knew where to look :)

Erati
06-01-2015, 12:23 PM
Allakhazams, Caster's Realm etc. There was plenty of information if you knew where to look :)

have you read some of the info on those sites???

I have no idea how Dald pulls anything useful from the majority of the comments- most are utter shit

/waves Thulack - I hope ur still gonna host fantasy football

bktroost
06-01-2015, 12:23 PM
That's true. Didn't Allakhazam require a subscription or something for detailed information?

curtischoy
06-01-2015, 03:59 PM
That's true. Didn't Allakhazam require a subscription or something for detailed information?

Eventually yes. But at the start it was free. But all that really did was make you search the site a bit more because it would no longer let you search with filters and stuff if you werent a premium member.

i lived on that side back in the day. That and Casters Realm.

paulgiamatti
06-01-2015, 05:41 PM

Being that a huge majority (http://everquest.allakhazam.com/wiki/EQ:Respawn_Timers) of 3-day mobs with variance have a 12-hour variance, and Yael just spawned somewhere around 5-6 hours ahead of his 3-day static spawn time, I'm thinking it's 12 hours of variance (+/- 6 hours). Wouldn't make sense to throw in some arbitrary number like 6 (+/- 3) or 8 (+/- 4) hours.

Erati
06-01-2015, 06:05 PM
Being that a huge majority (http://everquest.allakhazam.com/wiki/EQ:Respawn_Timers) of 3-day mobs with variance have a 12-hour variance, and Yael just spawned somewhere around 5-6 hours ahead of his 3-day static spawn time, I'm thinking it's 12 hours of variance (+/- 6 hours). Wouldn't make sense to throw in some arbitrary number like 6 (+/- 3) or 8 (+/- 4) hours.

way to ruin the immersion and magic !

paulgiamatti
06-01-2015, 06:16 PM
Alas, the only thing magical about the world of P99 is that there is no suspension of the laws of nilbog :(

bktroost
06-01-2015, 08:13 PM

Oh yeah, this guy is one of mine.

Edit: In retrospect, this probably could have been an in guild forum discussion.

Daldaen
06-01-2015, 08:49 PM
That list is clearly not classic.

See all the Kunark dragons being 3 day +/- 12 hours?
And Fire Giants being 12 hour spawns?

paulgiamatti
06-01-2015, 11:38 PM
Just pointing out it's a commonly used value in the variance table, and probably would be used over some other arbitrary value since there seems to be no information available.

If it's not classic, then no sir, I don't like it.