PDA

View Full Version : Kunark / Iksar considerations

sgallaty
10-19-2010, 09:55 PM
The kunark release had several issues. Specifically there were items which were nerfed post-launch (RFS/Moss covered junk/probably others I don't recall) about 2 months or so after kunark launch. I think the expectation is that these mistakes will be adjusted up front on p99 without the need for reliving the bad part of the eq experience.

There were also less salient content issues which caused problems for players that relied on that content that I hope can be addressed the same way. The specific example I am referring to is that when iksar were first introduced, they had a significant exp penalty and an armor bonus, as well as a few curious racial traits. One of the 'adjustments' to the race was that the race was unable to use plate mail.

Presumably, this was because the designers intended to create special iks wearable only armor, but this ended up not happening. There was armor added to hateplane, but there was never an iks equivalent of the warrior cobalt or 'crafted' armor.

As we know, and for reasons that aren't entirely clear - many legacy items that 'should' have been iksar usable did not get retroactively updated. Rubicite for example which is usable by chain classes, did not get iks added to the list, as well as other examples.

By velious time, this became a nonissue because the devs then permitted iksar to use all of the warrior plate from quests, pog etc. Curiously, the older armors were never retroactively fixed. This one presumes because the dev time to modify the items was no longer a great return, since by this time there were few or no newbie iksar tank melee.

The problem was then, that in the intervening period between the release of kunark and the latter period before velious - iksar suffered a big content void where their ac was capped fairly low compared to end game items available to other tank classes.

I see that this server avoids some of the other major verant fuckups (shaman alchemy, pie tin price change, loot table corruption on kunark release) - I'd like to put this topic out there and point out that letting iks use crafted/cobalt/fine steel would 'fix' the issue verant caused by not adding the content they intended to add for iks in the first place and then later fixed by simply making all new content iks usable.

I am speaking from the position of one of the few people who played an iks warrior on release, and even slimmer position of someone who beta tested kunark as an iks warrior - I think I was the only one who got past 40 in that.

The specific problem occurs at about cap where the non iks warriors are wearing cobalt and iksar are wearing cab scale. The fall behind happens starting at about level 35 and gets worse until cap. Again, the jump up from seb scale is hate plane - and if your guild is taking an iks into hate plane in seb scale, it's welfare. If I remember the numbers, the iks with the best reasonable gear is sporting 1300 or so ac, which ends up being 400-500 points lower than the other tank classes at cap. My numbers might be off, it's been a while but I remember there being a significant gap until velious.

If this error which was corrected later by verant isn't rolled in to the release, then noone who intends to seriously play iks will start an sk or war until velious. If that needs to be reenacted verbatim, then so be it. I just wanted to bring it up in case we had the chance to avoid that particular stupidity this time around.

Thanks for listening.

ex-test server iks warrior

MiRo2
10-19-2010, 11:20 PM
The reason Iksars not being able to wear plate was supposed to balance their racial AC, that no other race gets. If it did not scale up appropriately on live than that should be your focus area, and not a complete armor overhaul. All classes that received the "Sol Ro" era armor quests ad an equivalent in Cabilis, shamans - Mystic Scale, Shadow Knights - Dread Scale, Warriors - Trooper Scale.

Tokum-6n0m3
10-19-2010, 11:22 PM
I know for a fact that the xp penalty will be there...as the dev's constantly strive to give it a classic feel *hence the hybrid penalties being in now

That being said I don't know how much effort will be put into making items wearable for iksars....really looking back other then effects and raw AC value all but the BP and legs in kunark armor were basically useless, if i remember correctly the hate armor for iksars was better then the normal Indo that dropped, the stats were actually done right so they didnt have int on them and stuff, those stats coupled with Iksars ac bonus evens them out....

Normal Warrior Hate Breastplate- http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/item.html?item=5230

Iksar Warrior Hate Breastplate- http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/item.html?item=5230

Normal Warrior Hate boots - http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/item.html?item=1813

Iksar Warrior Hate Boots - http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/item.html?item=5252

As you can see EVERY piece of there hate armor has HPs on it to make up for the fact they wont get the 100hp off BP and LEGS from Cobalt armor..

That being said it does hinder you slightly as you lvl, but thats also why items like Lumberjack tunic and others are introduced during Kunark...edit= and the scale armor quest are there for lvln up also as the person above mentioned

MiRo2
10-19-2010, 11:42 PM
Iksar specific armor drops in PoHate were not added during Kunark IIRC.

For comparison here is the Crafted vs. Trooper scale stat wise.
AC:
Trooper Scale Set: 11+9+9+20+11+12+12+10+11=105
Crafted Set: 12+10+10+22+12+14+14+12+12=118
STA:
Trooper Scale Set: 4+4+5=13
Crafted Set: 5=5
HP:
Trooper Scale Set: 25+20=45
Crafted Set: 25=25
AGI:
Trooper Scale Set: 5+3=8
Crafted Set: 0=0
STR:
Trooper Scale Set: 5+2+5+2+2=16
Crafted Set: 5+1+2+1=9
DEX:
Trooper Scale Set: 2+2+2=6
Crafted Set: 2+1=3

sgallaty
10-19-2010, 11:56 PM
The point I am illustrating is that starting with velious this idea of seperate armor was discarded, and all pog/kael/etc. was unified, because - and for a very long time which was post-kunark release, iksar had a serious content issue.

The hate plane iksar armor came later - it wasn't kunark era per se.

I have to look at notes - and my memory is different because I was on test.

Yes there are some equivalents in the 30's, as pointed out - but as I said, there are no open world drops for iks that cover for the armor that gets other tanks INTO the planes to tank.

Again, as a clarification - this isn't a butthurt issue for me - just pointing out that without some changes noone who knows better will seriously play an iks until velious, because they'll know that they are screwed for armor until then. If we can take poetic license and fix other stuff before schedule, it'd be nice to do that too.

EDIT: I wasn't arguing against the exp penalties, just listing all the racials as an overview.

Tokum-6n0m3
10-20-2010, 12:14 AM
I would definitely agree that if it wasn't put in on release it should be (regarding the hate armor) the rest waiting till velious would be fine if the hate armor was in, as with there ac bonus Im pretty sure itll even itself out, I remember a iksar warrior Fozzul wearing the hate armor until he upgrade to velious quest gear which leads me to think that the hate armor was in pre-velious as he was the first iksar warrior to hit 60 on erollisi if it was released during velious he would have never tooken the time to camp the items as he was already 60 well before velious and could have skipped it entirely being as he wasn't a MT in the guild he was in.

Kassel
10-20-2010, 12:15 AM
I think the dev's have been clear they want to this server to as close to "Classic era" live as technically possible. This includes all hardships and pita's. They are not willing to devote their free time to making custom content so you can get a special hug EQ Experiance. There are many other emu servers who focus on what you are looking for, p99 is not one of them. If it was not on live during the classic triolgy they should not be wasting their time on it. IMO.

DekThai
10-20-2010, 03:13 AM
I think the dev's have been clear they want to this server to as close to "Classic era" live as technically possible. This includes all hardships and pita's. They are not willing to devote their free time to making custom content so you can get a special hug EQ Experiance. There are many other emu servers who focus on what you are looking for, p99 is not one of them. If it was not on live during the classic triolgy they should not be wasting their time on it. IMO.

MiRo2
10-20-2010, 03:53 AM
I agree as well, this is a classic server. Just because the race has an option to be that class doesn't mean they should be even with other races of the same class. How many gnome or halfling warriors do you group with? Iksar warriors and shadowknights will not likely be main tanking raid level mobs on a regular basis, but that hardly means that they won't be better than other classes tanking.

Classic should stay classic on this classic server.

ukaking
10-20-2010, 06:57 AM
My iksar warrior had some Hate armor before Velious as well.

sgallaty
10-20-2010, 08:50 AM
Again, the point being to try to avoid things that verant did for a short period and then corrected - to the disservice of the game. This is more important for this server than it would be for others because the content won't go past velious - and so iks won't have the 'armor trade in' in pok, and the other retroactive fixes verant put in to correct the situation.

really, the only thing you would have to do to correct this would be to permit cobalt to be iks wearable and maybe crafted. That would span the gap, and give iks armor that is campable that would get them into planes.

I'm not talking a huge effort here, just to apply the fixes verant did later, in this period.

sgallaty
10-20-2010, 09:46 AM
Besides, if I really wanted to ask for something that I almost but failed to get in beta it be for the eq1999 guys to readd iks rogues, which were removed.

A race with innate sneak, can't be rogue.

Shit, I'll donate cash money for this. Make me the only iks rogue in the game. Start me with bad faction to cabilis AND the rest of the world.

You know you want to.

guineapig
10-20-2010, 09:52 AM
Well there's Golden Efreeti armor... :p
Technically plate and Iksar can wear it during Kunark.

:)

ShivanAngel
10-20-2010, 10:48 AM
I can kind of agree.

The Iksar AC bonus didnt come close to making up for the fact that they couldnt wear plate for the tanking classes (SK/War).

Its a GREAT perk for monk, shaman, and necro iksars, but really hurts the war/SK. Any serious raid guild will not use an iksar warrior/SK to tank until they can get them velious armor.

sgallaty
10-20-2010, 10:53 AM
I can kind of agree.

The Iksar AC bonus didnt come close to making up for the fact that they couldnt wear plate for the tanking classes (SK/War).

Its a GREAT perk for monk, shaman, and necro iksars, but really hurts the war/SK. Any serious raid guild will not use an iksar warrior/SK to tank until they can get them velious armor.

That's my point - if you want to see iks war/sk raiding pre-velious, then apply the fix that verant did in velious. Seriously I think just making cobalt iks-usable would suffice. Permitting crafted would be nice as would fine plate.

Tokum-6n0m3
10-20-2010, 11:16 AM
That's my point tho too, tho alot of guilds wouldn't let you tank I know the reasons to be unfounded, in full hate gear iksar warriors were tanking as good as any cobalt equiped tank i grp'd with.........Its a easy question to get answers to tho, just need a Dev to go on their test server and make a 2 60 warriors one a human another iksar, put the human in full cobalt and the iksar in full hate armor and check out the ac difference, Im betting there VERY close, I couldn't tell the difference back in the day.....and Fozzul was normally my tank in most groups I found myself in..

People also have problems letting gnOme warriors or any warriors not oGre tank, but that doesn't mean the other races got buffed up, I don't think this was as game changing as your making it out to be, tho I can see where it was a pita leveling there WERE alternatives out there for you to make up for the lack of cobalt armor...

ooantipostoo
10-20-2010, 11:16 AM
The kunark release had several issues. Specifically there were items which were nerfed post-launch (RFS/Moss covered junk/probably others I don't recall) about 2 months or so after kunark launch. I think the expectation is that these mistakes will be adjusted up front on p99 without the need for reliving the bad part of the eq experience.

So should we have launched the game with out mistwalkers and other items that were only dropped once / nerf?

Tokum-6n0m3
10-20-2010, 11:20 AM
Seriously I think just making cobalt iks-usable would suffice. Permitting crafted would be nice as would fine plate.

Fine plate and Crafted I can agree with, but if you give them cobalt on top of there natural AC bonus, there gonna have that much more ac then other tanks and its gonna unbalance things, again like Ive said I see this being a pain leveling but in raid content and fully geared I just NEVER saw it make that big a difference, I was a cleric my entire time on live, and I preferred to have my iksar warrior friend tank whenever possible and NEVER noticed a noticeable difference....the only downside i see to not having cobalt is the different clicky effects........

sgallaty
10-20-2010, 11:38 AM
That's my point tho too, tho alot of guilds wouldn't let you tank I know the reasons to be unfounded, in full hate gear iksar warriors were tanking as good as any cobalt equiped tank i grp'd with.........Its a easy question to get answers to tho, just need a Dev to go on their test server and make a 2 60 warriors one a human another iksar, put the human in full cobalt and the iksar in full hate armor and check out the ac difference, Im betting there VERY close, I couldn't tell the difference back in the day.....and Fozzul was normally my tank in most groups I found myself in..

People also have problems letting gnOme warriors or any warriors not oGre tank, but that doesn't mean the other races got buffed up, I don't think this was as game changing as your making it out to be, tho I can see where it was a pita leveling there WERE alternatives out there for you to make up for the lack of cobalt armor...

Yo, you're comparing armor that dropped in karn's with hate raid armor. I think effort to acquire chimes in here right? You get to hate IN cobalt, and replace it there is the idea. I don't see any tank using it for long unless they don't plan on raiding.

Anyhow, my point is that this was realized to be a bad idea and corrected later. It'd just be nice not to have that failure here.

So should we have launched the game with out mistwalkers and other items that were only dropped once / nerf?

No, I'm suggesting that we not relive some fuckups. I'd love it if we get a chance to loot the runed fighter's staff, moss covered branch etc.

The reason I brought this up, is that it was such a significant problem that it impacted the playability of iksars, and wasn't obvious until iks got to cap pre-velious and were way behind in armor due to content that ended up never getting fleshed out. The Legionnaire armor was a put-in that applied a bandaid pre-velious but it still denied iks access to tons of content for no reason - which verant realized and then stopped doing with every expansion going forward, so far as to put an armor trade-in quest in pok that let you trade armor for non-iks upgraded for iks.

One of the major luxuries of this server is poetic license. We don't have to recreate every verant mistake.

Tokum-6n0m3
10-20-2010, 11:55 AM
Only the legs that dropped in Karnors had ANY stats on them at all, the rest were raw AC.........Legs dropped off VS, you wernt killing him with a xp grp....

Hate is ALOT easier once kunark comes out just cause of lvls........

Either-way this will be my last post, the simple fact is the Devs are not gonna change it, they've gone to extensive lengths in the past to try to make it as close to live as possible (for better or worse) I don't see them doing any different here.....

If you can't get the BP and Legs of Cobalt with there high stats and 100hp the other pieces of Cobalt were hurting you rather then helping you, so stating that the cobalt is some great armor to lvl with is amusing

The funny thing is people didn't understand warrior mechanics back then, people were going for that RAW ac value.......not realizing that past the AC hardcap 1ac = 0.5ac (im pretty sure the 0.5 was alot lower but went with half for the sake of argument and if I say 0.25 and im wrong ill never hear the end about it.)

Where as agi on a warrior actually raises that hardcap....so without max'd agi, your UBER "looking" ac really wasn't giving you shit unless you had your agi max'd also.......this is something alot of warriors on this server still don't seem to comprehend....

I actually seem to remember seeing a dev post explaining that most the the iksar "ac bonus" came from the fact that there HARDCAP was raised not so much just a natural Ac bonus, meaning......

Human Warrior with 1000ac really = 850ac because of hardcap

Iksar Warrior with 1000ac really = 900ac because of hardcap

Again this is just a random example, tho if you look around on different warrior strat sites youll find the exact numbers..

I remember iksar warriors complaining too about this, but honestly I never had a problem with a iksar tank in kunark.......and as much as I hate to admit it (I <3 gnOmes) I COULD tell the difference in a gnOme tank and a oGre tank, but iksar tank was comparable to any other tank I ever grpd with during kunark, again I concede that the iksar warrior in question was in full hate gear.

sgallaty
10-20-2010, 12:14 PM
Well, this won't be an uncivil conversation in any case. I'm just putting it out there how nice it would be to have kunark as the devs would have done it had they realized ahead of time, and how they ended up doing it later.

I think iks DO have a flat or percent armor bonus at low levels, and have a higher cap at 40, but that bonus isn't linear and I don't remember what we worked it out to be. I barely remember this stuff, it's been so long.

I also had a source once tell me that iks had an adjusted damage table (damage reduction) vs dragons, but that was refuted by another source - so take it as rumor.

I actually seem to remember seeing a dev post explaining that most the the iksar "ac bonus" came from the fact that there HARDCAP was raised not so much just a natural Ac bonus, meaning......

I would love it if you could cite this.

ShivanAngel
10-20-2010, 12:31 PM
So much of EQ's changes came from hindsight tho.

Many were very much needed, others really dumbed down EQ...

The problem is where do you draw the line on which ones to say "it should have been done this way" or "that was a stupid change".

Its going to vary based on peoples opinions of said change. Where do you draw the line?

I for one think instanced raid zones were on of the best things to happen to the game. It changed eq from you HAVE to be available from 8pm to 1am just in case the mob spawns to we will raid X zone starting at 8pm wednesday, Y zone starting 8pm thursday, and friday we will finish up in case we didnt finish and do some older stuff starting at 8pm.Made it a lot easier to have a life outside of the game. I raided from late velious to OoW, I had little time to do anything other than school and EQ. Now that I have a family and what not it makes it a lot easier to raid (which is why i really play MMO's) since i can put down when i will be raiding on my schedule, and not randomly be called to LOG IN NAO!

Numerous people think instanced zones are what ruined the game.

Holy tangent, but I think I made my point.

Tokum-6n0m3
10-20-2010, 12:41 PM
I wish I had links to give ya bro, and by no means take what im saying as the hands down fact...Im pulling from my memory banks here, tho I stand by the fact that Fozzul was able to tank any situation I was ever in with him just fine pre-velious...

I think the biggest issue that alot of Iksar warriors had was the fact they waited till 60 to go get the hate armor, this is where you guys are penalized the worst....you have to stop actively grinding xp to go farm this gear to effectively tank lvl50+ kunark dungeons, that part I do 100% agree with you on..... cause other tanks can still use crafted /cobalt post50 to continue to lvl60 where as iksars are forced to get the hate upgrades asap to contend, tho the iksar will be the better tank leveling after he acquires the gear, out tanking other warriors that have already acquired full Indo~

I was happy to not post anymore, but you have to keep making intelligent non-offensive post........lol ;o

sgallaty
10-20-2010, 12:49 PM
I wish I had links to give ya bro, and by no means take what im saying as the hands down fact...Im pulling from my memory banks here, tho I stand by the fact that Fozzul was able to tank any situation I was ever in with him just fine pre-velious...

I think the biggest issue that alot of Iksar warriors had was the fact they waited till 60 to go get the hate armor, this is where you guys are penalized the worst....you have to stop actively grinding xp to go farm this gear to effectively tank lvl50+ kunark dungeons, that part I do 100% agree with you on..... cause other tanks can still use crafted /cobalt post50 to continue to lvl60 where as iksars are forced to get the hate upgrades asap to contend, tho the iksar will be the better tank leveling after he acquires the gear, out tanking other warriors that have already acquired full Indo~

I was happy to not post anymore, but you have to keep making intelligent non-offensive post........lol ;o

For MT tho wouldn't you agree it's always going to be ogre for frontal stun until AA's?

Tokum-6n0m3
10-20-2010, 01:17 PM
That's what everyone always says, and yes it is nice, but I had a RL friend that played gnOme warrior pre-kunark and was MT plenty of times and never had a problem, so its more preference then anything imho

I used my RL friend as gnOme warrior as a example cause they're probably the most lacking race when it comes to tanking as a warrior regardless of gear till velious where stats start to really hit caps

yaaaflow
10-20-2010, 06:37 PM
I'm just putting it out there how nice it would be to have kunark as the devs would have done it had they realized ahead of time, and how they ended up doing it later.

wooopdeeshit. If this were the case then this server never would have had manastones, rubicite, guise of the deceiver, mistwalkers, bladestorms, thex daggers etc etc etc. The idea of this server is to relive the EQ timeline, not to fix the mistakes that verant made.

Should rangers be made a more valueable class right now too, since they sucked in classic + kunark but obviously verant didn't intend for them to suck?

edit:

Also I think you're off about this, I'm pretty sure the plan is to have those items dropping at kunark release and then having them removed/nerfed a month or two down the line.

Kassel
10-20-2010, 07:19 PM
Also I think you're off about this, I'm pretty sure the plan is to have those items dropping at kunark release and then having them removed/nerfed a month or two down the line

You are right, the dev's have been pretty clear. I wish people would understand that this server is supposed to Mirror 1999 and onwards. There will be no custom content or tweaks to make your life easier. Sure not everything can be EXACTLY like 1999, but this is due to the titanium client and is out of the dev's hands.

Read the P1999 FAQ in the Library.

here is are some of the highlights

OMG! The last patch did something that wasn't classic!!! What should I do?
If you can prove that the change did not happen at any point between Original - Velious, please go post in the bug subforum with your evidence, otherwise read this post and follow the instructions. Remember that this is a free server and the devs are trying to follow the original patch history, but some things will be patched earlier than live, and some will be patched later than live.

Where can I look up the original patch history of EQ Live?
http://everquest.allakhazam.com/history/patches.html
http://www.tski.co.jp/baldio/patch/
Shadows of Luclin was released in December 4th 2001, so almost everything from 1999 through 2001 is considered classic

What is the progression?
Aeolwind posted a list of the original progression on live, which the GMs will be trying to stick to. Located here. This progression with end with Velious. Luclin and other expansions will not be available on this server.

Are there any items I can only get for a limited time?
Yes, many items that were "pre-nerf" on live will be obtainable on this server for a limited time. For example, manastone and rubicite dropped until Temple of SolRo came out and now they are no longer obtainable.

Read the FAQ people.

sgallaty
10-20-2010, 07:47 PM
RFS will end up not being so much of a boon, because of what verant did. They retroactively changed the item, and because the timeline here is accelerated that will mean it only gets used briefly.

Same with the moss covered - but, I don't know if 2h damage is calculated the 'old way' or 'new way' in the eqemulator. (new way being that 2h bonus is based on dps, rather than flat damage, I think)

That being said, the timeframe between kunark and velious will be (should be) a lot shorter here than it was in live, so the issue may take care of itself.

Kassel
10-20-2010, 08:34 PM
That being said, the timeframe between kunark and velious will be (should be) a lot shorter here than it was in live, so the issue may take care of itself.

What are you basing this assumption on? Did you read the FAQ as i suggested?

sgallaty
10-20-2010, 08:53 PM
What are you basing this assumption on? Did you read the FAQ as i suggested?

I did. I had read it before I made this post.

Kassel
10-20-2010, 09:13 PM
If you had read it you would know that the below statment is wrong

timeframe between kunark and velious will be (should be) a lot shorter here than it was in live,

sgallaty
10-20-2010, 09:23 PM
If you had read it you would know that the below statment is wrong

I'll read it again. I wasn't aware that they were attempting to maintain the same timetable in all cases.

In other news, your snarkiness is amusing.

girth
10-20-2010, 09:39 PM
If anything it'll probably take longer, which is fine cause VP is gonna take ages to get into for many guilds. Not to mention all the epic quest content that will come in sometime during kunark.

Curmudgen
10-21-2010, 12:01 AM
I will wait forever for a ring war!

YendorLootmonkey
10-21-2010, 12:07 AM
Well, this won't be an uncivil conversation in any case. I'm just putting it out there how nice it would be to have kunark as the devs would have done it had they realized ahead of time, and how they ended up doing it later.

Clearly you haven't seen the huge multi-page thread on class-based XP penalties and how nice it would be to have them "as the devs would have done it had they realized ahead of time, and how they ended up doing it later." :)

sgallaty
10-21-2010, 12:23 AM
Clearly you haven't seen the huge multi-page thread on class-based XP penalties and how nice it would be to have them "as the devs would have done it had they realized ahead of time, and how they ended up doing it later." :)

Shit. That's not even on my radar. It just chafed me how half-assed the iksar rollout was. They basically dropped making content for them at kunark release - after making a decision which caused the class to -rely- on them adding content just to be on par with what was already in game.

It just baffled me that they didn't let iks use all the chain crap already in the game, even.

There was supposed to be some uber epic weapon quest for iks wars that was so horribly broken that you could lose all quest progress on a crafting combine, after 3-4 steps that each took weeks of work.

Nutty stuff.

girth
10-21-2010, 12:44 AM
Well if we are just talking stupid shit like that, the monk robe combine used to be able to fail causing one to re-camp raster/targin and the headband/sash quests.

It's not just kunark that has unfair stuff.

RKromwell
10-21-2010, 01:02 AM
I thought Targin was part of the monk epic, should he even be in game yet?

sgallaty
10-21-2010, 01:22 AM

his point was that broken shit was universal, not that the monk epic was/should be in.

Anyhow, I made my pitch. I appreciate what the server is intended to do and I am playing it for that.

Arkanjil
10-21-2010, 01:34 AM
The Robe of the Lost Circle had always been available, but they added it as a requirement for the monk epic. Most monks did the quest twice. 1st to wear until they needed to further turn in for their epic and 2nd to request the robe to wear it once they had their epic.

girth
10-21-2010, 01:46 AM
I prefer the 2nd monk robe, at least when it comes to looks.

http://common.allakhazam.com/images/e/3/e32696b1172dafb86f1db7fab58a6386.png

Arkanjil
10-21-2010, 02:20 AM
here is the ORIGINAL progression, we're adhering to this as best we can.

You will have about 7 months according to the timeline, to farm the kunark pre-nerf fun stuff. Plenty of time to farm whatever people are wanting. But, this is also assuming that the server isn't running a little behind schedule, which it has and that is completely acceptable.

More time to do things is never a bad thing :p Except it means that epic quests will take longer to implement!!!

Messianic
10-21-2010, 09:25 AM

A huge advantage the monk epic has is that a big chunk of the epic can be done in classic, since it relates to the headband/sash quests.

I imagine we'll see 10-20 monk/rogue epics roll out within a few weeks to a month of full implementation of epic weapon availability (with dragons such as faydedar being the limiting factor for monks).

I also bet we'll see some necro/druid/wizard/magician make it to 60 within like 48 hours somehow... ;)

guineapig
10-22-2010, 02:18 PM
I also bet we'll see some necro/druid/wizard/magician make it to 60 within like 48 hours somehow... ;)

I sure hope not... but you are probably right.

RKromwell
10-22-2010, 11:41 PM
Ranger was the first to 60 on live but I do believe he had lots of help. Then he started an epic thread on how bad the ranger class sucked...

Messianic
10-23-2010, 12:39 PM
Ranger was the first to 60 on live but I do believe he had lots of help. Then he started an epic thread on how bad the ranger class sucked...

LOL, yeah he def had help. Monk? I could see that - I soloed to 60 very easily. Ranger? Nope.

SlankyLanky
10-23-2010, 01:51 PM
come onnnnnn moss covered twigs

Yoite
10-25-2010, 12:26 PM
pre-netf CoS...makes me wannna click click click click. I'm interested to see if the magic single pull anything trick will work on this server like it does on live.

FireEmblem86
10-25-2010, 01:10 PM
I know how crappy it'll be to be an Iksar warrior at this time, and I'm going to make one. You can't say, "No one who knows better is going to make an Iksar warrior." As it turns out, not everyone is obsessed with easy progression... or progression at all. Some people just like playing the game.

Messianic
10-25-2010, 01:21 PM
I know how crappy it'll be to be an Iksar warrior at this time, and I'm going to make one. You can't say, "No one who knows better is going to make an Iksar warrior." As it turns out, not everyone is obsessed with easy progression... or progression at all. Some people just like playing the game.

I want Gnome Paladins and Gnome SKs