PDA

View Full Version : Time to completion for Acumen Mask Quest?

weaseal
06-02-2015, 07:21 PM
Just curious if this quest would be worth the time: http://wiki.project1999.com/Acumen_Mask_Quest

I don't have much cash so East Commonlands auctions are mostly out-of-reach these days, so have been looking up quests that might net some free / low-cost nice gear. Just wondering if that mask if worth the amount of running around / camping it would take to gather the ingredients, or if I'm better off pressing through to higher levels and just trying to save up some plat.

Edit: My Wizard is level 20 and first char.

loramin
06-02-2015, 07:36 PM
AC: 4
WIS: +2 INT: +5
Effect: Gaze

Gaze (vision zoom) is worthless, and while the stats aren't terrible, they don't seem like they're worth the trouble to me. But I've never done the quest, and I have an inherent bias against gearing up low level characters (IMHO it's almost always faster to just have them level up instead), so take that with some grains of salt.

mr_jon3s
06-02-2015, 07:36 PM
http://wiki.project1999.com/Special:ClassSlotEquip/Wizard/Face

Shows you a list of face items. The mask is 4th on the list when it comes to int.

B4EQWASCOOL
06-02-2015, 08:15 PM
My wizard was 40 before I looked at gearing her. She was wearing cloth and a lumberjack cap.

When grouping: After you have clarity, you do as much damage as a 100k worth of gear wizard because you can only nuke so much without getting aggro each fight.

When solo: Different story. You will need enough mana to kill the enemies.

Kaedain
06-03-2015, 08:51 AM
do as many of the sol ro quests you can, very classic and take you all over the world exploring

thewrush
06-03-2015, 09:31 AM
do as many of the sol ro quests you can, very classic and take you all over the world exploring

Exactly, I am doing all the quests I can that I didn't do before. So far I have done Acumen Mask and Runescale Cloak quests. Granted they took awhile, I don't see needing to replace these anytime soon. The Mask quest isn't that bad. I got all of my stuff while XPing except for OOT part. I had a druid camping Oracle help me kill the headmaster while I was across the way killing Gargoyles. The Cloak quest is fairly easy too, except when you want the Lizardscale cloak(rare to find in EC). I just got mine last night but feel glad I kept all my pieces. Tishan's kilt however I don't have anything...Free gear is sometimes time consuming to acquire(looking at you Staff of the Wheel)

I plan to head over to Permafrost again to acquire another Heart of Ice(and possibly the Warthread Kilt!) so I can sell MQ for Staff of Temperate flux. I got the pieces again while helping another wizard. Should help bring in some cash towards the better Int gear(GEB, Imp gloves, Book of Obulus etc)

khanable
06-03-2015, 11:17 PM
AC: 4
WIS: +2 INT: +5
Effect: Gaze

Gaze (vision zoom) is worthless

Instant clicky on the cheap yo

iruinedyourday
06-03-2015, 11:38 PM

ya, for someone struggling in the EC tunnel, I def would recommend.

Vega
06-04-2015, 12:30 AM

Yup, great for global cooldown or junk buffing the top slot to eat dispels. Obviously the junk buff thing is more useful on red, but it also works good against those annoying mobs which chain cast dispel. Also doesn't take up an inventory slot like spyglass does.

iruinedyourday
06-04-2015, 01:01 AM
Yup, great for global cooldown or junk buffing the top slot to eat dispels. Obviously the junk buff thing is more useful on red.

My favorite thing about PvP is it really gives value to a lot of cool items that are otherwise overlooked on blue. Did the mystic cloak quest on my enchanter, something I always wanted to but couldn't justify without the added PvP bonus.

On that note the mystic quest cloak story & characters are probubly in the top ten of all quests!

fastboy21
06-04-2015, 05:34 AM
Doing the sol ro class quests are part of the tradition of playing classic EQ. If you skipped them because you decided to twink then you really miss the experience.

If you are a min/maxer don't do them: You can buy better or just put your time into lvl'ing and get yourself better.

If you love EQ, then do them all.

(and yes, the instant cool down reset from instant clickies is worth having...and this item will do that job for you. i can't imagine using gaze as your clickie---get ready for an instant case of vertigo if you use it for that.)