PDA

View Full Version : De Cleric Initiate Quest

Mooshoo Pork
10-20-2010, 01:38 PM
While in Najena lastnight, I got into a conversation about the Innoruuk Regent "clickie" that after some research out of game, I wanted to endeavor to get for myself. Problem is, I have to finish 2 other quests before I can do the quest to get it. So off I went to start the first quest, which requires me to retrieve Woven Grass amulets off of halflings in Nektulos forest.

Tried killing halflings in several different areas of Nektulos, and NONE of the halflings are dropping these amulets which are for appearingly a quite basic quest from the Cleric GM in Neriak. The Cleric GM even gives and responds to the right wording along the line of the Initiate quest. Tried google, Allakhazam, everlore, and currently my DE cleric is standing at +1073, +204 in Nektulos, waiting for a 15 minute leatherfoot scout spawn (that drops these amulets) and the spawns have not happened since I chose to wait there upon finding the info about them from Allakhazam.

Are these Woven Grass amulets and this quest line part of Classic EQ? Are they just really HARD to drop off of these halflings? I've killed halfling initiates (Cleric GM says to kill druids) and neophytes, none of the halflings are named "druids". Would someone please tell me what halflings drop them?

sgallaty
10-20-2010, 01:57 PM
Aren't the medics druids?

Nocte
10-20-2010, 02:22 PM
The halflings you kill have to be named "Initiate _______"

They don't drop the amulets every time, but it won't take long. Took me about 2 spawn cycles. It helps to kill the ones by the Nek druid ring, there's 3 Initiates there (be careful of the Deputy nearby, though).

If you're on right now I can come help out.

Tokum-6n0m3
10-20-2010, 05:39 PM
It all seems kinda random, I've done this quest on several different characters the correct Halfling camp is the one right next to the River it's a shrine that looks like a beetle or something on it, and like 6 halflings spawn around it

On one char I got the necklaces like the above post mentioned in just a couple spawns

The other char camped the camp for over 4hrs to get the silly things, tho I haven't heard many people saying they had as bad of luck as I did that day.

Edit: All my experience with this quest comes from live, tho the first time I did it was pre-kunark so it should be in on here.

VictoryARC
10-20-2010, 07:26 PM
I've done this spot multiple times. The amulets only drop from the druid halflings as posted before. I go back and fourth from the druid ring looking camp along the wall, to the large camp with the monolith. Watch out for the leatherfoot deputy. With lull you can pull all of the druids away without aggroing the higher lvl asslings. And when you are done with the quest, you can repeat the part where you turn in Master Whoopal's head for the halfling illusion mask. My guild gets a kick out of it when their troll shammy turns into a halfling during raids. Watching a halfling 'canni dance' is funny.

quellren
10-20-2010, 07:35 PM
Man I wish I had remembered this before I made my shaman. I forgot it mattered and left his religion as default Cazic Thule. Both the amulet and the mask would rock.
Doh.

Curmudgen
10-20-2010, 07:37 PM
Not to derail......but there is a quest for am illusion halfling for a troll?

VictoryARC
10-20-2010, 07:48 PM
On eq atlas, look up quests from neriak 3rd gate. The quest is called innoruuk disciple. I don't know if you need to be an innoruuk worshipper to do the halfling mask part of the quest. The mask is 1 charge and effect only lasts 6 mins. Its a good 'shits and giggles item. I havnt tried it tobank in freeport yet.

Mooshoo Pork
10-21-2010, 06:17 AM
Just needed an affirmative on this, and thanks to those who responded! I've found with Classic I have researched quite a few quests that later were found to be a complete waste of time as those quests didn't exist.

I'll buckle down and try killing them again, I had figured the "initiates" halflings were the ones to kill, just got discouraged after killing at least 8 of them and getting ran off by that one deputy by the druid circle 3-4 times in doing so.

Gate actually saved me every time! Oh and loads of fun watching that little bugger come running to Neriak to get me and having the Dragoon's dispatch him.