PDA

View Full Version : Game Mechanics: Melee Dmg

Syft-X
06-03-2015, 08:11 PM
Melee dmg is totally batshit insane on this server, it's been this way for years. We keep dropping resist thresh hold lower and lower but never address melee dmg.

This problem is gonna get 4x worse in velious than it is in Kunark and we have Kunark set to insane already.

http://i57.tinypic.com/3495ris.png

Rabid Empire Bats Good Guys North Freeport 1.99 June 03 2015 7:01:06 PM

That was today a 1686 duelist backstab from an unbuffed Rogue who isn't even the best geared Rogue on the server, that's fucking ridiculous. I've seen 2k duelist backstabs, sure the rogues and monks are gonna say that shit doesn't happen everyday, but i assure you it happens everyday.

If this isn't addressed there will be no casters left after a few months of velious. So maybe we shouldn't be so worried about making sure no spells land on anyone when casters are getting one shotted here.

Colgate
06-03-2015, 08:42 PM
target was sitting

move to resolved

Ragnaros
06-03-2015, 09:17 PM
target was sitting

move to resolved

do you have any proof or are you just spewing shit out of your chapped pastey lips?

Technique
06-03-2015, 10:50 PM
88 backstab min at 59, 120 at 60, 388 is backstab min with duelist up 59 or 60

That's super incorrect. I played a rogue for years on live. Backstab min under duelist was 2x normal min. Regular melee hits were 4x min hit, and all hits were doubled from what they would have been (or following min rules if a normal melee hit that would have been less than 4x base)

http://www.thesafehouse.org/forums/showthread.php?t=2870

59 - DuelistDuration: 12 seconds
Reuse time from 30 (L59) to 29 (L60) minutes
Multiplies all base damage attacks by 4When using this discipline, all hits landed by the rogue will be for at least four times the base weapons damage. Backstab damage is doubled. This discipline lasts for 12 seconds, and has a base reuse time of 30 minutes. The reuse time for this discipline will decrease as the rogue gains additional levels.
Edited by: Zato at: 8/24/01 12:19:04 pm

I think Vaslin can be trusted on this.

Raev
06-04-2015, 01:28 AM
Do we have any classic logs of melee in PVP?

Madbad
06-04-2015, 02:07 AM
I was shocked the first time I was hit by a melee on this server.

Syft-X
06-04-2015, 03:58 PM
target was sitting

move to resolved

Sitting DMG not longer increases DMG beyond max hit value. Point is invalid as is anything someone says here that didn't play classic era eq

Nirgon
06-04-2015, 04:11 PM
the real problem here is rabid hit auto attack before backstab on someone sitting

good thread, we'll talk to him about it

Colgate
06-04-2015, 05:13 PM
if you hit them at the exact same time, it considers them sitting through both auto attack and a special ability

Colgate
06-04-2015, 05:14 PM
Sitting DMG not longer increases DMG beyond max hit value. Point is invalid as is anything someone says here that didn't play classic era eq

you're right, it doesn't do a theoretical max hit on sitting targets anymore

how that's relevant to this thread, i'm not sure

sitting targets almost always take max hit or close to max hit, which is what we're seeing here

move to resolved

Syft-X
06-04-2015, 05:53 PM
you're right, it doesn't do a theoretical max hit on sitting targets anymore

how that's relevant to this thread, i'm not sure

sitting targets almost always take max hit or close to max hit, which is what we're seeing here

move to resolved

I was hit by chucks law standing for 1800 last week with 850 ac, its not theoretical if it happens everyday.

Now I understand why a child would lie on bug reports when they have mained a monk for four years, one of the most grossly op classes on this server.

What I can't fathom is why any dev would listen to a word you say. The goal here is to balance this server to classic. You never played classic so you cannot provide a comparative contrast. Only an idiot what consider the opinion of someone who was seven years old when classic was out.

Nirgon
06-04-2015, 07:19 PM
if you hit them at the exact same time, it considers them sitting through both auto attack and a special ability

i was thrown off by sitting damage not being max always like it should be

MY BAD

Syft-X
06-04-2015, 07:38 PM
i was thrown off by sitting damage not being max always like it should be

MY BAD

Regardless of what you two idiots are babbling about trying to derail thread with your usual irrational nonsense. Sitting or standing is irrelevant, that's still what a rogue hits for with a duelist back stab unbuffed.

And hitting that hard happens very often espiecally when you consider most rogues PvP strength buffed. Max theoretical hit on near bis buffed rogue is over 2k that's fucking retarded.

No game has ever left one shoting people in it without a nerf and of course you two retards are advocating it working as intended.

Ragnaros
06-04-2015, 08:04 PM
hehe

Nirgon
06-05-2015, 12:15 AM
http://www.quickmeme.com/img/ba/ba41e01aeefb0835f44a774686e111877d735e3ea25a01fbe7 87bab691dcd3a8.jpg

Cecily
06-05-2015, 06:02 AM
The big numbers are scary, but these are the stabs he hit you with: 457 and 386. Multiplied by 2. 457 + 386 would be an extremely common backstab result, and you got hit pretty far off from the theoretical max of 2212 (which he should have hit you for).

Cecily
06-05-2015, 06:09 AM
Regardless of what you two idiots are babbling about trying to derail thread with your usual irrational nonsense. Sitting or standing is irrelevant, that's still what a rogue hits for with a duelist back stab unbuffed.

And hitting that hard happens very often espiecally when you consider most rogues PvP strength buffed. Max theoretical hit on near bis buffed rogue is over 2k that's fucking retarded.

No game has ever left one shoting people in it without a nerf and of course you two retards are advocating it working as intended.

Actually the reason he hit you for so little is that if he was un or self buffed, there's a fairly significant chunk of the backstab's max damage taken out for not having 255 STR. He looks pretty well geared, so I don't doubt he's pushing 200+ str. Won't be that far off from cap.

The only thing you need for a max hit (553) is a 15 dmg weapon, 255 STR, and luck (atk). If you were sitting, luck isn't a factor anymore.

Syft-X
06-05-2015, 08:10 AM
Actually the reason he hit you for so little is that if he was un or self buffed, there's a fairly significant chunk of the backstab's max damage taken out for not having 255 STR. He looks pretty well geared, so I don't doubt he's pushing 200+ str. Won't be that far off from cap.

The only thing you need for a max hit (553) is a 15 dmg weapon, 255 STR, and luck (atk). If you were sitting, luck isn't a factor anymore.

First off it wasn't me, secondly its a lot more common here to see a 1200-1700 duelist backstab than a lower one. Guess what that's one shot for most casters here.

And thirdly your blue, WTF are you posting on the red PvP forums HTF would you know what people get backstabbed for in PvP, you'd have to actually PvP to know that.

But don't argue with me, prove me wrong, post some screenshots of PvP show you've killed one person your entire time here in a 1v1. Or kindly get the fuck off the thread.

Technique
06-05-2015, 09:15 AM
Backstab damage is 4x under duelist disc here, classically it was only 2x.
That's super incorrect. I played a rogue for years on live. Backstab min under duelist was 2x normal min. Regular melee hits were 4x min hit, and all hits were doubled from what they would have been (or following min rules if a normal melee hit that would have been less than 4x base)

http://www.thesafehouse.org/forums/showthread.php?t=2870

59 - DuelistDuration: 12 seconds
Reuse time from 30 (L59) to 29 (L60) minutes
Multiplies all base damage attacks by 4When using this discipline, all hits landed by the rogue will be for at least four times the base weapons damage. Backstab damage is doubled. This discipline lasts for 12 seconds, and has a base reuse time of 30 minutes. The reuse time for this discipline will decrease as the rogue gains additional levels.
Edited by: Zato at: 8/24/01 12:19:04 pm

I think Vaslin can be trusted on this.

Nirgon
06-05-2015, 10:22 AM
OK so fix sitting damage not always being max got it

Technique
06-05-2015, 10:48 AM
you got hit pretty far off from the theoretical max of 2212 (which he should have hit you for).The theoretical max should be only half that:
06-24-01, 08:47 AM

Re: duelist is mean

duelist can take out a unbuffed caster, and even some melees

thats on agressive warrior but i have gotten 1106, 1090 in pvp battle seeya caster
06-24-01, 10:33 AM

Re: duelist is mean

what the @#%$ are those numbers?

1106 is the max unless something changed?

http://www.thesafehouse.org/forums/forum/everquest-wing/the-arena/7864-duelist-disc

Syft-X
06-05-2015, 11:01 AM
The theoretical max should be only half that:http://www.thesafehouse.org/forums/forum/everquest-wing/the-arena/7864-duelist-disc

I trust Tec with numbers his math skills are way beyond mine. Despite the blues who have no clue what they are talking about, and reds trying to keep balance as fucked up as possible. One shotting people should never be allowed, it did not happen in classic.

Colgate
06-05-2015, 11:16 AM
The theoretical max should be only half that:http://www.thesafehouse.org/forums/forum/everquest-wing/the-arena/7864-duelist-disc

cecily's assertion of 2212 is the combination of both backstab rounds.. which.. drumroll.. is 1106 * 2

looks classic to me, move to resolved

Nirgon
06-05-2015, 11:18 AM
So 500 max per stab with duelist

Dont think so pal

We got Ehunogor ss's in Velious doing over 700 on one backstab with ragebringer

If you think rogue is so great, make one

Technique
06-05-2015, 11:36 AM
So 500 max per stab with duelist553 max per stab without duelist. 1106 max per stab with duelist.

We got Ehunogor ss's in Velious doing over 700 on one backstab with ragebringerHe could've done up to 1106 in one backstab.

Raev
06-05-2015, 01:27 PM
Technique/Cecily you guys need to stop and read and realize you actually agree with each other.

Also I don't think this thread is about melee max damage, but hit rates and ATK, i.e. if you aren't sitting the chance for both backstabs to land for high damage should be small. Especially melee hit rates are something like 90% vs casters which seems a bit high, but then I don't know of any PVP logs to check with.

Nirgon
06-05-2015, 01:58 PM
Agree with Tech. 1106 max should be possible from a single duelist stab.

Sit damage needs to be fixed is the only issue I see present here.

Thanks for good links proving this is classic and makes life scary for a caster

Casters would get 1 shot in DAoC with bubble down. Fragile stealthers gibbing casters isn't new in MMO PvP. At least with see invis in this game you can see them coming.

Cecily
06-05-2015, 02:47 PM
First off it wasn't me, secondly its a lot more common here to see a 1200-1700 duelist backstab than a lower one. Guess what that's one shot for most casters here.

And thirdly your blue, WTF are you posting on the red PvP forums HTF would you know what people get backstabbed for in PvP, you'd have to actually PvP to know that.

But don't argue with me, prove me wrong, post some screenshots of PvP show you've killed one person your entire time here in a 1v1. Or kindly get the fuck off the thread.

I know things about rogues. All I know about you is you're scared of them. Shit's classic so do me a favor and sit down for me when hit 59, alright?

Cecily
06-05-2015, 02:59 PM
I guess the better question is, how much would you like to be hit for by a level 60 rogue using their ultimate damage discipline?

A 1200 duelist round is two ~median stabs landed. 300 *2, 300 * 2. Might wanna run if you see someone's eyes gleam with energy in the future.

Raev
06-05-2015, 03:34 PM
Nirgon, I don't get it. I thought you were about classic above all else, but it seems like you want to turn the bug forums into RNF. The OP is saying that melee hit rates and attack damage are way too high, and while I don't have classic PVP logs I'm inclined to agree with him.

I know a lot of casters who got caught medding and died from one double backstab.

While medding = while sitting = hit for max every time and never miss. We can agree that this should be fixed.

zonko@vanderboom:/stuff/projects/eq/logs/oldlogs12$ grep "hits YOU"
eqlog_Loraen_project1999.txt | grep -v "magical skin" |
grep -v "air elemental" | grep -v "willowisp" | wc -l
zonko@vanderboom:/stuff/projects/eq/logs/oldlogs12$ grep "tries to hit YOU"
eqlog_Loraen_project1999.txt | grep -v "magical skin" |
grep -v "air elemental" | grep -v "willowisp" | wc -l
eqlog_Loraen_project1999.txt | grep "A helot spectre" | wc -l
eqlog_Loraen_project1999.txt | grep "A helot spectre" | grep 148 | wc -l

So NPCs (mostly Hate/Sebilis/HS South+East, although there are a few low levels in there) hit Loraen roughly 70% of the time, and (very small sample size) my L52 pet hit me for max 15% of the time (it's probably more like 25%).

I believe the wiki gets their AC numbers from ShowEQ. If so, take look at this:

Krup Ghoul Knight: 400AC
Emperor Chottal: 511AC
Loraen: 640AC (unbuffed)
Sakuragi: 940AC (unbuffed)
King Tormax: 1100AC
Sakuragi in Velious: 1300AC

In other words, the main difference between a L60 NPC and a L60 PC should be HP, not AC or hit/miss rates. Meanwhile, melee here hit like 85% of the time and for max like 50% of the time. I don't pretend to be a PVP expert, but everything I know about EQ's combat mechanics suggests that those percentages are way too high.

Nirgon
06-05-2015, 04:02 PM
backstabs are not too high (nothing to fix here)

sitting damage is not always max in pvp (broken)

melee mitigation needs a bump in pvp (desired improvement)

its way better than it was before, and I am ever grateful

buzz off Raev with accusations/slander

Raev
06-05-2015, 05:55 PM
melee mitigation needs a bump in pvp (desired improvement)

so you do in fact agree with the OP

Syft-X
06-07-2015, 03:52 PM
Agree with Tech. 1106 max should be possible from a single duelist stab.

Sit damage needs to be fixed is the only issue I see present here.

Thanks for good links proving this is classic and makes life scary for a caster

Casters would get 1 shot in DAoC with bubble down. Fragile stealthers gibbing casters isn't new in MMO PvP. At least with see invis in this game you can see them coming.

So you think one shotting is good and should remain in game? You are such a piece of shit dude for real can't wait till your guild is gone and you creep back down your shithole to blue so dev's are no longer forced to consider the worthless opinion of a shit pvper who only raided on live and doesn't know his ass from his elbow.

Colgate
06-07-2015, 05:34 PM
weird i didn't know this was the rants and flames subforum

MEGANS LAW
06-07-2015, 05:45 PM
So you think one shotting is good and should remain in game? You are such a piece of shit dude for real can't wait till your guild is gone and you creep back down your shithole to blue so dev's are no longer forced to consider the worthless opinion of a shit pvper who only raided on live and doesn't know his ass from his elbow.

somebody ban this nerd for bringing rnf to bug thread. tkx pals.

Syft-X
06-07-2015, 05:56 PM
weird i didn't know this was the rants and flames subforum

you 3 need to stay the fuck off these forums you openly trying to destroy balance troll the shit out of these forums and lie about everything.

And the hilarious part is all 3 of you never pvp'd in classic. Nirgon was in all raiding guilds and only raided velious in luclin era. You're too young and gyno ever pvping lol just sounds funny coming out of my mouth.

And all 3 of you are dirty ass RMT'ers that shoulda been banned years ago.

Nirgon
06-08-2015, 09:56 AM
so you do in fact agree with the OP

no he thinks max backstab on a single duelist hit should be 500 or something

completely wrong tbh

he also thinks we should be able to fear each other with single target fear spells (since he rolled a necro), charm too... also completely wrong

his earlier responses to blind landing/being spammed on a malosini'd (always landing) target at -100% effect were "just dispel lol"... having no concept of what it is like to have a melee train on top of you... apparently until this thread

Syft-X
06-08-2015, 01:28 PM
no he thinks max backstab on a single duelist hit should be 500 or something

completely wrong tbh

he also thinks we should be able to fear each other with single target fear spells (since he rolled a necro), charm too... also completely wrong

his earlier responses to blind landing/being spammed on a malosini'd (always landing) target at -100% effect were "just dispel lol"... having no concept of what it is like to have a melee train on top of you... apparently until this thread

Keep it up brah, ya think lying on the forums will give your guild an edge because they have a large melee train for dps. But in truth ll you're gonna do is make everyone roll melees.

Thanks to you Empire(who don't really care about pvp) bullshiting on threads there wont be any casters left after a few months of velious. Good job man.

Way to keep it classic! An all melee EQ in PvP.

Nirgon
06-08-2015, 01:31 PM
Hope sitting damage gets fixed

Real immersion breaker

Bokke
06-11-2015, 02:02 PM
I was hit by chucks law standing for 1800 last week with 850 ac, its not theoretical if it happens everyday.

I've seen 1700 standing as well, on cloth.

I feel like AC isn't doing as much as it should be. Rogues definitely shredded casters on live (although they didn't one shot buffed geared casters) but I remember the damage on leather targets being noticeably lower, and then even lower for mail and plate.

Melee are so over-tuned on this server its nuts. Velious resist and HP gear will make them even more into unstoppable gods.

Syft-X
06-14-2015, 12:26 AM
I've seen 1700 standing as well, on cloth.

I feel like AC isn't doing as much as it should be. Rogues definitely shredded casters on live (although they didn't one shot buffed geared casters) but I remember the damage on leather targets being noticeably lower, and then even lower for mail and plate.

Melee are so over-tuned on this server its nuts. Velious resist and HP gear will make them even more into unstoppable gods.

I guess I'm gonna have to roll a melee because they refuse to tune melee's down to classic lvl's and continue to balance casters like they are overpowered.

Colgate
06-14-2015, 12:28 AM
got any proof? or just 16 year old anecdotes?

Lasher
06-14-2015, 06:25 AM
I think rog top bs hit is fine. However, i think rogs top hit bs too often. Those top bs should usually be on naked players, people with rez effects, anyone sitting, or that lucky hit.

As for melee in general I think accuracy is too high.

Also I think minium hits for 2hnder is either too low or hits too low too often. Ill run around 255 str and with VP twohander see a lot of low dmg hits, i think around 30 or 40. Not saying it should be max dmg but just higher.

Syft-X
06-15-2015, 11:56 PM
got any proof? or just 16 year old anecdotes?

I think that the fact that Sullon Zek which had the only public ranked boards and the top 200 was 99% casters says a fucking lot.

And i actually played classic unlike the guy who was seven years old asking me for proof about a game he didn't play.

Colgate
06-16-2015, 01:17 AM
so no proof?

Nirgon
06-16-2015, 06:14 AM
oh you mean druids that could port around the world and kill tons of evil scrubs (overpopulated team) had the highest # of kills? go on

Smallmee appears to have a few kills on this server too, seems classic

SamwiseRed
06-16-2015, 03:19 PM
oh you mean druids that could port around the world and kill tons of evil scrubs (overpopulated team) had the highest # of kills? go on

eh smallmee was 54. you know how easy it is to kill untwinked people with a 54 druid? you can pretty much wipe com/solb groups with a single blizzard. I wouldn't use that as any evidence to support what is and what isnt balanced. Balance should centered around the endgame as in planar/dragon geared 60s. It is hard to keep things classic but the gear difference between classic and now is off the charts. There is no denying rogues are strong as fuck. I actually worry about them more than t staff monks. so much dmg even vs my 59 warrior with close to 1k ac. I still get double backstabbed for 400+.

My best guess is AC in pvp is worthless. I could be wrong though but my warrior takes the same dmg as my druid except my warrior has more hp.

compulsion
06-16-2015, 07:11 PM

It is too bad Sony removed the board links from the first 6 months or so on SZ. I linked them when tstaff was a full 12+ sec stun on here, while there was only 1 monk on the leaderboards between all 3 teams, and more rangers than rogues. Even with Luclin gear there were very few good rogues; Dougie, Inorcist, Fyvish... As opposed to this server where everyone who gets humiliated daily on their caster is just sitting at a plat camp saving up for a ragebringer MQ.

Check out Nedrian's killshots from Lucid-Vision.org and look at the damage he puts out in Velious gear with epic. He hits barely harder than I do on a 43 ranger with a css, and misses around 40% of the time, where I rarely see a miss in PvP unless it is on a red.

When Inorcist posted his screenshots from PoP, his damage was barely better than what we see from epic'd rogues on here. And despite years of playing max level PvP on RZ and SZ, I've never seen a 600 damage throw hit on me or in a screenshot.

This server is not even remotely "classic", it just has a handful of players who have been playing various boxes for so long that their knowledge of emu code exploits has become their "precious" despite the fact that it may make the game shit. Sword of runes bug making level 25 pets do 50+ dps? Invis pulling? 18 second tstaff stuns? People just so deeply immersed that having the "best pixel in the game" means more to them than playing a good game.

Colgate
06-16-2015, 07:45 PM
sword of runes fixed, invis pulling fixed, tstaff proc fixed

have seen velious era screenshots of a rogue duelist backstabbing a geared out SK for over 700 on a single hit

post some prof u feel me?

compulsion
06-16-2015, 09:17 PM
sword of runes fixed, invis pulling fixed, tstaff proc fixed

Every single one of those things was vigorously defended by the "community" here. It's like that guy at work who has been passed over for promotion for the last decade but firmly believes he is smarter than anyone else because he is really good at sudoku.

have seen velious era screenshots of a rogue duelist backstabbing a geared out SK for over 700 on a single hit

post some prof u feel me?

Look at *every* single old screenshot that exists and you will see dw melees missing regularly and hitting for crap damage. Look at *every* single screenshot that gets posted on these forums and you will see a solid string of hits, usually within 30% of max damage.

http://www.lucid-vision.org/viewimage.php?imageid=368

^ Tstaff monk in Luclin gear with epic. ~20% of his hits did more than 100 damage. Of around 25 hits, the best attack was 143 damage. On this server, with Kunark gear, 80% of those hits would be for ~130-155.

Look at any of Nedrian's screens. Luclin geared ranger with epic, rarely hits for more than 30s and misses regularly dual wielding. Hits for around 130 max with a Luclin 2 hander.

If LV played on P99 60% of the players on that menu would be rogues or monks instead of no rogues and 1 monk.

Anyone know how I could get to the old Artful Death or Darkenbane screenshots?

post some prof? All you are posting is a random claim to have seen a screenshot somewhere.

As I said, if the Sullon Zek boards still existed you would see that monks, rogues, and mages, and bards were on the bottom as far as representation. The only melee you really had to fear on live was an SK. On this server a pretty meaningful percentage of the population considers PvP to be logging in and plugging out of KC/Seb endlessly waiting to get lucky and 1 shot someone, while the best PvP toon on the server was a bard(Tune).

Nirgon
06-17-2015, 11:50 AM
Did Nedrian have 255 str? Does the monk from LV? Do you realize how much uber droppable str people can west here without risk?

Most melees do here cuz of alt-flation shaman buffs being so available along with no item loot... I'd suspect without AAs most top monks and rogues would blow parses from the two you've posted out of the water.

Colgate
06-17-2015, 01:40 PM
Every single one of those things was vigorously defended by the "community" here. It's like that guy at work who has been passed over for promotion for the last decade but firmly believes he is smarter than anyone else because he is really good at sudoku.

Look at *every* single old screenshot that exists and you will see dw melees missing regularly and hitting for crap damage. Look at *every* single screenshot that gets posted on these forums and you will see a solid string of hits, usually within 30% of max damage.

http://www.lucid-vision.org/viewimage.php?imageid=368

^ Tstaff monk in Luclin gear with epic. ~20% of his hits did more than 100 damage. Of around 25 hits, the best attack was 143 damage. On this server, with Kunark gear, 80% of those hits would be for ~130-155.

Look at any of Nedrian's screens. Luclin geared ranger with epic, rarely hits for more than 30s and misses regularly dual wielding. Hits for around 130 max with a Luclin 2 hander.

If LV played on P99 60% of the players on that menu would be rogues or monks instead of no rogues and 1 monk.

Anyone know how I could get to the old Artful Death or Darkenbane screenshots?

post some prof? All you are posting is a random claim to have seen a screenshot somewhere.

As I said, if the Sullon Zek boards still existed you would see that monks, rogues, and mages, and bards were on the bottom as far as representation. The only melee you really had to fear on live was an SK. On this server a pretty meaningful percentage of the population considers PvP to be logging in and plugging out of KC/Seb endlessly waiting to get lucky and 1 shot someone, while the best PvP toon on the server was a bard(Tune).

this post is very out-of-touch with what actually goes on on this server

here are the 5 most recent screenshots i have of killing (mostly poorly) geared casters level 56+ on red99, with the exception of fefs who likely was in his lower 50s

http://i.imgur.com/sk3E52P.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/peEvXGr.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/nxDUaDs.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/RjYPFH5.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/V1yovNy.jpg

please post some actual evidence of what damage is like on this server before you make wild claims like, "80% of hits will be between 130-155 damage on casters here"

i run around with just over 170 strength unbuffed in resist gear, and a shaman str buff puts me at nearly 255

i have better gear than the monk in your screenshot and i'm fighting casters with worse gear than the caster in your screenshot and the amount of damage i'm doing is pretty similar

melee damage is fine here

the only thing that needs to be lowered is melee hit rate

oh, here's that screenshot in velious era of a rogue landing a single backstab hit of over 700 damage on a very well geared shadow knight:
http://facultas.50megs.com/SOF/Wetall01.jpg

Cecily
06-17-2015, 03:14 PM
FWIW 19 sec without disc, 57 rogue unbuffed 177 str vs cleric who gated on me earlier.

http://i.imgur.com/UJou5jd.png

[Wed Jun 17 12:11:18 2015] You backstab Rushmore for 209 points of damage.
[Wed Jun 17 12:11:18 2015] Rushmore has been poisoned.
[Wed Jun 17 12:11:18 2015] You pierce Rushmore for 15 points of damage.
[Wed Jun 17 12:11:18 2015] You pierce Rushmore for 13 points of damage.
[Wed Jun 17 12:11:18 2015] You try to slash Rushmore, but miss!
[Wed Jun 17 12:11:20 2015] You pierce Rushmore for 60 points of damage.
[Wed Jun 17 12:11:20 2015] You try to pierce Rushmore, but miss!
[Wed Jun 17 12:11:20 2015] You slash Rushmore for 36 points of damage.
[Wed Jun 17 12:11:22 2015] You pierce Rushmore for 25 points of damage.
[Wed Jun 17 12:11:22 2015] You slash Rushmore for 43 points of damage.
[Wed Jun 17 12:11:22 2015] You slash Rushmore for 34 points of damage.
[Wed Jun 17 12:11:24 2015] You try to pierce Rushmore, but miss!
[Wed Jun 17 12:11:24 2015] You pierce Rushmore for 34 points of damage.
[Wed Jun 17 12:11:24 2015] You slash Rushmore for 3 points of damage.
[Wed Jun 17 12:11:24 2015] You slash Rushmore for 1 point of damage.
[Wed Jun 17 12:11:26 2015] You pierce Rushmore for 11 points of damage.
[Wed Jun 17 12:11:26 2015] You slash Rushmore for 10 points of damage.
[Wed Jun 17 12:11:26 2015] [ANONYMOUS] Rushmore <Good Guys>
[Wed Jun 17 12:11:27 2015] Rushmore begins to cast a spell.
[Wed Jun 17 12:11:27 2015] You pierce Rushmore for 44 points of damage.
[Wed Jun 17 12:11:27 2015] You try to pierce Rushmore, but miss!
[Wed Jun 17 12:11:27 2015] You try to slash Rushmore, but miss!
[Wed Jun 17 12:11:27 2015] You slash Rushmore for 22 points of damage.
[Wed Jun 17 12:11:28 2015] Rushmore's casting is interrupted!
[Wed Jun 17 12:11:28 2015] You try to backstab Rushmore, but miss!
[Wed Jun 17 12:11:28 2015] You backstab Rushmore for 301 points of damage.
[Wed Jun 17 12:11:29 2015] You pierce Rushmore for 41 points of damage.
[Wed Jun 17 12:11:29 2015] You try to pierce Rushmore, but miss!
[Wed Jun 17 12:11:31 2015] Rushmore's spell fizzles!
[Wed Jun 17 12:11:31 2015] You pierce Rushmore for 56 points of damage.
[Wed Jun 17 12:11:31 2015] You try to slash Rushmore, but miss!
[Wed Jun 17 12:11:31 2015] Rushmore begins to cast a spell.
[Wed Jun 17 12:11:33 2015] [ANONYMOUS] Rushmore <Good Guys>
[Wed Jun 17 12:11:33 2015] You pierce Rushmore for 43 points of damage.
[Wed Jun 17 12:11:33 2015] You slash Rushmore for 27 points of damage.
[Wed Jun 17 12:11:33 2015] You slash Rushmore for 2 points of damage.
[Wed Jun 17 12:11:34 2015] [ANONYMOUS] Rushmore <Good Guys>
[Wed Jun 17 12:11:35 2015] You pierce Rushmore for 36 points of damage.
[Wed Jun 17 12:11:36 2015] Rushmore regains concentration and continues casting.
[Wed Jun 17 12:11:36 2015] Rushmore fades away.
[Wed Jun 17 12:11:36 2015] You pierce Rushmore for 35 points of damage.
[Wed Jun 17 12:11:36 2015] You try to pierce Rushmore, but miss!

compulsion
06-17-2015, 09:00 PM
Did Nedrian have 255 str? Does the monk from LV? Do you realize how much uber droppable str people can west here without risk?

Most melees do here cuz of alt-flation shaman buffs being so available along with no item loot... I'd suspect without AAs most top monks and rogues would blow parses from the two you've posted out of the water.

Those screens are actually from deep into Luclin or later when Velious quest armor was really easy to get and you could buy the best buffs in the game cheap in the Bazaar. You can see KEI in most of the caster screenshots on that site. Even assuming none of them went to legends for a few months to gear up or bought those toons off eBay, there is no way those characters would be undergeared compared to a Kunark expansion player.

re: Colgate - That damage is lower than I expected, I'll try do some more research into it as I get time.

It is actually really hard to find anything worthwhile from 12+ years ago, but obviously for anyone who did play back then and experienced pure melees as the least popular and least effective classes to come to this server and find that both are wildly over represented and incredibly effective when played by even clueless players.

Rexxin
06-17-2015, 09:37 PM
I personally feel the dmg is close, my current issue is it seems the hit ratio is off depending on the class. Knights seem to have a terrible miss rate, while Rangers, bards, and all the pure melee seem to hit almost every round. I will put some screen shots together after I spend some more time with it

Any thoughts?

Smedy
06-18-2015, 09:23 AM
yeah, 60 sk here can't hit anything, missing more then i hit on casters and oggok cleaver at 255 str hits for 27 50% of the time, it's terrible

Buhbuh
06-18-2015, 05:54 PM
Hit rate seems drastically high on pure melee

Bashes from SKs land all the time, while their hits seem to be low/ infrequent

I do see rogues get nasty ass backstabs on toons with massive AC still, too. I think if anything needs tinkering, it's AC/ hit rate.

Rogues are definitely the flavor class right now - very easy to play, absurd DPS. I die on my VP geared Enchanter in under 5 seconds if I'm poisoned and get Duelisted. Casting gate is not an option most of the time. Could be classic, but doesn't seem like it.

Cecily
06-20-2015, 03:53 AM
Looks like rogue / monk / ranger (bow) DPS might be a little lower (http://www.project1999.com/forums/showthread.php?p=1945915) than it should be.