PDA

View Full Version : Epics from easiest to hardest

qinsteel
06-05-2015, 02:00 PM
I have 4 toons I play on P99, I am not a hard core player but enjoy the group banter and killing a few mobs to relax. I have a 45 Rogue, 53 Monk, 25 Shaman, and 25 Necro. I am saving all loot to buy my 45 rogue his epic since it is relatively cheap. My question is after reviewing the forum it seems I might as well forget ever getting my epic on the necro, what about the shaman and monk? How would you rate the epic availability for each class?

Lisset
06-05-2015, 02:04 PM
Lostprophets/Kobrakai got a monk epic at level 1. And so have many, many with rogues. They're both pretty easy. Can't speak about any other epics but the chanter epic can't be done until you're 46 because there are 2 nodrop non-MQ items that must be looted from the planes.

Nightbear
06-05-2015, 02:06 PM
Rogue/Shaman/Monk are all MQable and easy. Shaman and Rogue run the same price about 25-30k, Monk is a bit more.

fiveeauxfour
06-05-2015, 02:11 PM
Rogue , Sham , Monk , Cleric , Paladin , Ranger , Druid , warrior , Bard , Sk, wizard , Mage , Necro.

This list is debatable on the finer points, but it's def a general outline

qinsteel
06-05-2015, 02:15 PM
Lostprophets/Kobrakai got a monk epic at level 1. And so have many, many with rogues. They're both pretty easy. Can't speak about any other epics but the chanter epic can't be done until you're 46 because there are 2 nodrop non-MQ items that must be looted from the planes.

I am sure the level 1 monks all belong to a guild and have access to sky to get the monk no-drop pieces. I didn't realize that the monk and shaman epic was similar to the rogue as far as "difficult to obtain" or not difficult.

I appreciate the answers

Jimjam
06-05-2015, 02:27 PM
Sham epic is really fun to do properly, but yeah, you can skip the meat of it with faction grinding and simply pay someone to beat up a kidnapped baby iksar then defile the memory of the dead iksars.

A++ quest, would do again.

Samoht
06-05-2015, 02:37 PM
Rogue , Sham , Monk , Cleric , Paladin , Ranger , Druid , warrior , Bard , Sk, wizard , Mage , Necro.

Swap mage and bard. Also, no chanter.

Cecily
06-05-2015, 02:37 PM
I am saving all loot to buy my 45 rogue his epic since it is relatively cheap.

If you're 45, you should just quest the rogue epic. It's an "easy" epic. Without contacts in a raid-capable guild, it gets much tougher. General is typically a 2-3 group fight unless you have a perfect group (60 War, 60 Shm, 2x 60 Clr, 2x 60 Rog). Renux is a duo fight between the rogue and a 55+ snare class (agro kite fight). Get ready for the General turn in and just look for raids in Kith from time to time. /who all Kith and checking it physically. Ask who's leading the raid, and offer them a roll on EoN (Edge of the Nightwalker) if it drops for killing your General for you. They probably will. That's how you get it done unguilded. GL!

Daldaen
06-05-2015, 02:40 PM
Going easier top, go harder bottom:

Rogue
Shaman
Monk
Cleric
Paladin
Enchanter
---------
Ranger
Druid
Warrior
Shadowknight
Bard
Wizard
Magician
Necromancer

I put a split after Enchanter epic because all epics after that point require you kill an FTE rotated raid mob. Meaning you have to be in a guild to get the kills for these. The paladin one requires it, but Paladins can buy the book and not many Paladins exist so it isn't too bad.

Rogue, Shaman and Monk epics are extremely easy. Join a guild, get into your 50s on those characters and do the steps that don't require your guilds assistance:

Rogue - Pickpocket pages, turn into Stanos/Eldreth, grab Hate book during a Hate raid. Hire a Druid to help you kill Renux. Then you're ready for the final fight with General, which requires your guild's help. If you don't get a Quill drop, then look into buying the Robes.

Shaman - Repeat CoM pages over and over to max faction. Attend a Fear raid and get a Child's Tear. Then ask guild to help you do final fight in CoM

Monk - Get a few friends together (Cleric, Druid, Monk, Tank, Melee DPS X2). Do the Eejag fight, get a wizard to port you up to Sky for the Presence fight (bring 3,000 plat to pay for people's Key of Swords). Then do the Trunt fight after this. Gather another group from your guild and do Xenovorash fight.

If you haven't exhausted too many favors, call in friends to kill Brother Q/Z for Robe. If you have, do the camps for Raster/Targin and quest your robe. Level in KC at hands and hope to win roll on 1 pipe. Buy the Chardok pipe or create a group and kill in the Levitate tunnel for a few hours. Then do a named farming group in Skyfire, best to do this with an Enchanter needing Felia or camp Eldrig with a bard.

If you have a dedicated group of friends/guild mates, most of these steps can be done over a single weekend.

Necromancer epic you won't get unless you raid a ton or buy the pieces for 500k~. I'd suggest against buying your Rogue's epic on your main. It's easy enough to quest yourself as I mention above. Attend a Hate raid, Ask 1 Druid to help you kill Renux and be in a guild and get help to kill General.

Samoht
06-05-2015, 02:46 PM
I don't understand why you guys are giving so much weight to Magician epic. Is it because of the Staff of Elemental Earth from Inny? You do realize that that is much, much more common now that one guild isn't monopolizing 100% of the raid content, right?

Rararboker
06-05-2015, 02:53 PM
I think it is still a fairly uncommon drop. Same reason wizard epic is up there. Unclassic low drop rate on VS staff even though more guilds get a chance at him now. But maybe there is another reason I am missing.

Gimp
06-05-2015, 02:54 PM
I don't understand why you guys are giving so much weight to Magician epic. Is it because of the Staff of Elemental Earth from Inny? You do realize that that is much, much more common now that one guild isn't monopolizing 100% of the raid content, right?

It's still a very rare drop from what I've seen. We haven't seen one in months.

Samoht
06-05-2015, 02:55 PM
It's still a very rare drop from what I've seen. We haven't seen one in months.

And in that same time frame, how many SK swords, wizard staves, or trak guts have you acquired? How many before? These are all things they have ranked as easier than mage.

Daldaen
06-05-2015, 02:56 PM

15ish Inny kills, 2 staves. Pretty rare.
In similar numbers of CT kills... 5-6 Soul Leeches (2 dropped recently from same one). Maybe 4~ Trakanon guts and 5 Gnarled Staves?

And Rampage is monopolizing just fine. You saw half of TMO jump ship to Red to join Zeelot right? Rampage is getting a solid 80-90% of the mobs in Class C/FFA if their guild recruitment posts are accurate.

Gimp
06-05-2015, 02:57 PM
And in that same time frame, how many SK swords, wizard staves, or trak guts have you acquired? How many before? These are all things they have ranked as easier than mage.

Mage staff and SK sword seem the most rare. We've seen a pretty good amount of wiz staffs and Trak guts.

Daldaen
06-05-2015, 02:59 PM
Mage staff and SK sword seem the most rare. We've seen a pretty good amount of wiz staffs and Trak guts.

But what about Slime Bloods. We still haven't seen a single one drop...

Gimp
06-05-2015, 03:00 PM
15ish Inny kills, 2 staves. Pretty rare.
In similar numbers of CT kills... 5-6 Soul Leeches (2 dropped recently from same one). Maybe 4~ Trakanon guts and 5 Gnarled Staves?

And Rampage is monopolizing just fine. You saw half of TMO jump ship to Red to join Zeelot right? Rampage is getting a solid 80-90% of the mobs in Class C/FFA if their guild recruitment posts are accurate.

About 80-85ish of the C/FFA I'd say. Asgard is still really good at Inny and some of the FFA targets are a CoH crapshoot.

Gimp
06-05-2015, 03:00 PM
But what about Slime Bloods. We still haven't seen a single one drop...

We got one like two weeks ago. Still uber rare. Up there with Mage and SK drops.

loramin
06-05-2015, 03:22 PM
Shaman - Repeat CoM pages over and over to max faction. Attend a Fear raid and get a Child's Tear. Then ask guild to help you do final fight in CoM

It's actually a little bit harder than that: you can't turn in CoM pages/books until you've gotten to a certain faction level, so you have to either:

A) get a cleric to rez you or get a druid to port you while you repeat the very first step (a lot), or
B) complete some other early step multiple times (eg. kill the guys in Rathe a bunch), or
C) complete the first half of the epic properly (which mostly just involves a lot of running around and killing easy stuff)

Regardless of which of the above you choose though, you really have to do the Black Dire step; while it's not necessary, the insta-click SoW booties are so awesome they should be considered part of the epic IMHO.

Samoht
06-05-2015, 03:23 PM
It's actually a little bit harder than that: you can't turn in CoM pages/books until you've gotten to a certain faction level, so you have to either:

A) get a cleric to rez you or get a druid to port you while you repeat the very first step (a lot), or
B) complete some other early step multiple times (eg. kill the guys in Rathe a bunch), or
C) complete the first half of the epic properly (which mostly just involves a lot of running around and killing easy stuff)

Regardless of which of the above you choose though, you really have to do the Black Dire step; while it's not necessary, the insta-click SoW booties are so awesome they should be considered part of the epic IMHO.

So what you're saying is... It's harder than the Rogue epic, but easier than everybody else. Right? Lol.

Swish
06-05-2015, 03:37 PM
Rogue epic is harder actually if you're doing it yourself.

Why? You've got an army of tunnel fat cats climbing over you to sell MQs to lazy people. That's not how epic quests should be.

curtischoy
06-05-2015, 03:47 PM
I got my epic wep in a tunnel. EPIC!

Swish
06-05-2015, 03:56 PM
I got my epic wep in a tunnel. EPIC!

I can see the "classic EverQuest" parody now, and not just about Ragefire ;)

Would love to see MQs dropped from future servers, make it hardcore. You want jboots bro? Better get camping.

kaev
06-05-2015, 04:13 PM
If you're 45, you should just quest the rogue epic. It's an "easy" epic. Without contacts in a raid-capable guild, it gets much tougher. General is typically a 2-3 group fight unless you have a perfect group (60 War, 60 Shm, 2x 60 Clr, 2x 60 Rog). Renux is a duo fight between the rogue and a 55+ snare class (agro kite fight). Get ready for the General turn in and just look for raids in Kith from time to time. /who all Kith and checking it physically. Ask who's leading the raid, and offer them a roll on EoN (Edge of the Nightwalker) if it drops for killing your General for you. They probably will. That's how you get it done unguilded. GL!

45 druid can snare Renux, seems to stick about one in five tries. Rogue will be sowed so he can get some hits in while you're trying to stick snare, can even kill her unsnared if you fail to stick it long enough. Just don't suck and let her catch & gank you or the rogue's gonna be unhappy.

Cecily
06-05-2015, 04:20 PM
45 druid can snare Renux, seems to stick about one in five tries. Rogue will be sowed so he can get some hits in while you're trying to stick snare, can even kill her unsnared if you fail to stick it long enough. Just don't suck and let her catch & gank you or the rogue's gonna be unhappy.

EHH... I saw a 60 ranger fail ensnare 3 times in a row for my epic on red this week. Renux is 50 and resisty. That's why I highly recommend a 55+ snare class, because Renux is death incarnate if she procs her stun on you (which she probably will). Druid epic has a -150 resist check mod, so that's my preferred class for kiting it. 60 druid can solo it if need be, too.

People tend to under estimate her and it gets them murdered. Why she's my favorite NPC in game, along with her dad.

Rararboker
06-05-2015, 07:12 PM
Use a wizard instead, my snare landed first try and I maintained aggro with flux staff. Rogue I helped out just followed along and hit/backstabbed non-stop until dead.

Who needs druids?

kaev
06-05-2015, 08:09 PM
EHH... I saw a 60 ranger fail ensnare 3 times in a row for my epic on red this week. Renux is 50 and resisty. That's why I highly recommend a 55+ snare class, because Renux is death incarnate if she procs her stun on you (which she probably will). Druid epic has a -150 resist check mod, so that's my preferred class for kiting it. 60 druid can solo it if need be, too.

People tend to under estimate her and it gets them murdered. Why she's my favorite NPC in game, along with her dad.

Oh yeah, she's hell on wheels if she catches you, and if she gets to BS, well, druids don't have a lot of hp. I just used the fast cast L1 snare, it's agro whether it lands or not and L45 SoW is plenty fast enough to stay out of her reach. Did it twice with no problems, tho I suppose a client/server hiccup could've ruined my day. The time i tried tanking her with a 50-ish paladin the rogue got her down to low health right after she killed me, lol, spin stun from a rogue npc isn't very nice.

bktroost
06-05-2015, 10:53 PM
i've had 2 trak guts, 1 green scale, 2 slime gaunts, 4 inny eyes, 2 vs staffs, 2 SK epics (the mob we've killed the least) and 0 mage staffs.

khanable
06-05-2015, 10:58 PM

This is more or less my list, but I'd put bard before warrior. Guts are not all that rare, and Trak is a 3 day spawn which helps a bit.

But yea OP -- three of your toons shouldn't have much of a difficult time getting an epic. Necro is just an ultra pain in the ass - don't they require something from sky that is rather awful too?