PDA

View Full Version : queynos catacombs banker

Curmudgen
10-20-2010, 11:57 PM
I have searched and found nothing about this. I did not play eq until velious opened.

Is the banker always supposed to be SOMETIMES there and sometimes not??

I have sat at that spot for 30 min, clicking on different things, trying to figure out how to get him to spawn.

what is the deal with that guy? I take a big risk getting ganked by npc's that dont like me by using the above ground bank.

Ahnen
10-21-2010, 03:07 AM
The "word on the street" is he is there only at night. This is not necessarily true because I have seen him as early as four in the evening. I have also been there at night and he has not been there. This is how is was in classic EQ and as far as I know it is working as intended. Sorry for the bad news.

Note that the night cycle on Project 1999 is from 9pm to 7am. Folks have posted information that conflicts with this in the past though. Perhaps someone more knowledgeable can confirm the times?

MiRo2
10-21-2010, 03:56 AM
I've not seen him spawn, but I have heard him once when I was travelling through the sewers. He said something along the lines of "I will be open for banking for the next 10 minutes"

Ploppy
10-21-2010, 09:20 AM
I've only seen him up twice

Estu
10-21-2010, 09:21 AM
I didn't even know he existed!!

Dunes
10-21-2010, 10:09 AM
He spawns in the Shadowknight wing of the evil enclave in the Catacombs (left when you pass Kane), and looks like a beggar. I think he spawns every hour, or alteast, I have never had to wait more than 45 minutes. He is up for 10 minutes or so at a time.

Take heed of the "evil" enclave, because unless your a necro, sk, or evil race, your probably not going to make it to him :)

Jenithia
10-21-2010, 10:09 AM
I didn't know he existed until I was down there today looking for Vin Moltar. That was approximately 2am PST. From what I hear he spawns every so often but for only 10 mins at a time.