PDA

View Full Version : I just realised what the 'fake zoneline' in S Ro is...

Jimjam
06-07-2015, 04:08 PM
After many years I have finally realised what the 'fake zoneline' in South Ro is meant to be...

It's a dry river bed running through the mountains!

This theory is confirmed by looking at art maps of Norrath; on the maps you can see a river cuts across the Oasis of Marr, and it is the bed of this river (dried out in game) that you can see producing the appearance of a 'fake' zoneline.

Secrets
06-07-2015, 04:17 PM
It's not just a theory, it's canon.

The Serpent's Spine expansion focuses on the area you mentioned north-westish of Highpass that flows into the Desert of Ro.

Some of the Prophecy of Ro zones take place in this location as well (Takish-Hiz)

See:

http://everquest.allakhazam.com/gallery/ingamemaps/antonica3.jpg
http://static.giantbomb.com/uploads/original/0/1992/1225646-tss.jpg
http://www.dianegerard.com/images/atlas_antonica.jpg

bktroost
06-07-2015, 04:19 PM
Immersion...levels...critical!!!

Good detective work btw.

iruinedyourday
06-07-2015, 04:28 PM
I dont see it in the maps :(

Daldaen
06-07-2015, 04:30 PM
Frostcrypt, what a fantastic raid zone.

Beltron had some sweet mechanics $$$.

Bboboo
06-07-2015, 05:01 PM
I dont see it in the maps :(

River going north from Specter camp in Oasis.

fiveeauxfour
06-07-2015, 05:02 PM
Fk Yea lorequest

Lojik
06-07-2015, 05:12 PM
Fake zone line in south ro? Or orc highway in Oasis?

Swish
06-07-2015, 05:15 PM
Ever wonder what's at the back of the minotaur cave in Steamfont?

Jimjam
06-07-2015, 05:25 PM
Fake zone line in south ro? Or orc highway in Oasis?

Oops, yeah, in my excitement I got the two mixed up!

I meant Oasis!

SWISH: Tell me what is in the back of the minotaur cave? a Perverted Gnome Necromancer? An entire expansion worth of content?

fiveeauxfour
06-07-2015, 05:26 PM
Minotaur fight club

iruinedyourday
06-07-2015, 05:27 PM
River going north from Specter camp in Oasis.

oh yea there it is! sweet hehe

Pscottdai
06-07-2015, 05:49 PM
Ever wonder what's at the back of the minotaur cave in Steamfont?

It is another zone line that provided access to the 'Secrets of Faydwer' expansion

Swish
06-07-2015, 05:57 PM
It is another zone line that provided access to the 'Secrets of Faydwer' expansion

Part of it was a sweet ass leveling area from my final throes on live looking trying to level something from scratch.

Hard to imagine you'd find the gateway to a new expansion in the back of that cave.

jolanar
06-08-2015, 10:41 AM
Part of it was a sweet ass leveling area from my final throes on live looking trying to level something from scratch.

Hard to imagine you'd find the gateway to a new expansion in the back of that cave.

At the back of the cave was a huge mechanical castle filled with robot gnomes. At the beginning of SoF the castle was uprooted and took flight and there was nothing left at the end of the cave but a huge crater.

10/10 Imagination. Would imagine again.

Coridan
06-08-2015, 01:06 PM
The area described as the Rujarkian Hills would have connected Oasis and South Karana. Also contains the deathfist citadel. It is described in the EQ d20 books.

Would love to see after Velious if they wanna fill in some of the gaps on the classic map by repurposing other zones. Maybe Marus Seru for Rujarkian?

webrunner5
06-08-2015, 09:53 PM
At the back of the cave was a huge mechanical castle filled with robot gnomes. At the beginning of SoF the castle was uprooted and took flight and there was nothing left at the end of the cave but a huge crater.

10/10 Imagination. Would imagine again.

Wow, Way Too many drugs. You Need to cut back. :eek::eek: But then I always thought the River in FV leading to LOIO, and the one in Great Divide were sort of mind altering also. :p:p I am old, so I do take a LOT of legal drugs now. :D About the Only good thing about getting old. :)

Pscottdai
06-09-2015, 03:19 AM
Wow, Way Too many drugs. You Need to cut back. :eek::eek: But then I always thought the River in FV leading to LOIO, and the one in Great Divide were sort of mind altering also. :p:p I am old, so I do take a LOT of legal drugs now. :D About the Only good thing about getting old. :)

except that it is actually what happened with the SoF expansion..

Clark
06-09-2015, 05:28 AM
Immersion...levels...critical!!!

Good detective work btw.

:cool:

Grimluck
06-10-2015, 06:22 PM
I can see some of these dummy zones being in the "expansion" after Velious.

Coridan
06-11-2015, 12:13 AM
I changed my mind, Scarlet Desert for Rujarkian hills, the castle in it would be perfect for Deathfist orcs. Level 20-30 zone with some 30+ areas to keep things interesting. (Like a step up from Oasis.)