PDA

View Full Version : field medicine improvisations

Jimjam
06-10-2015, 07:42 AM
So I've been killing Targishin on my warrior and letting him beat me down so I can practice bind wound.

With great sadness I ran out of bandages so I headed over to the merchants to use my Halfling skills to persuade a merchant to do business...

To my distress not a single Klok outside Field of Bones stocked bandages... With much woe in my heart I double checked their inventories, but no, I was right the first time, there were no bandages.

In a moment of madness I noticed an item that I could see no immediate use for; Man Eater Salve. It was very expensive, five times the price of a simple bandage! However, a little voice in my head (probably my own voice as I am little) told me... perhaps I could plug my wounds with this salve to aid my recovery.

To my surprise, and possibly thanks to my skill at binding wounds, my stopgap solution worked!

I was able to bind wounds with Man Eater Salve!

This naturally lead my mind down a certain line of thinking... what other items can be used in place of bandages?

Answers on a post card!

dealicious
06-10-2015, 07:56 AM
never heard of that man.... thanks for letting us know! Anyone else know others items for bind wound?

Thulack
06-10-2015, 08:48 AM
Think bandages have a few random names in out of way places. But if it looks like a bandage it will have the same effect.

jolanar
06-10-2015, 09:04 AM
Aloe Swatch can be used as a bandage, but that one is a little more obvious I guess.

There is also the tailored bandage from spiderling silk.

myriverse
06-10-2015, 11:03 AM
IIRC, man eater salve has a bind wound bonus, as well.