PDA

View Full Version : What should I do?

wootabulas
10-22-2010, 03:16 PM

dragolyche
10-22-2010, 03:21 PM
Well, where do you start your character ?

Hunt mobs in Noob Zoçne until lvl 5. After, go to next zone and hunt again.

You grab money from monster that you kill.

Good hunt

Extunarian
10-22-2010, 03:23 PM
I would try to get to Greater Faydark and group near the crushbone entrance. Lots of people leveling up there who could show you the ropes.

wootabulas
10-22-2010, 03:28 PM

Infectious
10-22-2010, 03:46 PM
Hunt outside bb til 6 then go in... Find others to group in bb. At 10 go to karanas and do bandits at 12 go to east commonlands and do orcs/ najena. At 20 go to guk top at 26 go to sola and so on

eqravenprince
10-22-2010, 03:54 PM
I wouldn't rule out Blackburrow, those gnoll fangs are HUGE experience when you turn them in to Lysbith in Halas.

Might try Qeynos Catacombs, go into the water near the bank and swim down the hole. Very close to where you zone in, there are 3 Frogloks that spawn in the water that will drop Netted Armor. Getting a pair of magic gloves is handy for when you fight willowisps, ghouls, etc later on. Plus the netted I think is lighter weight than cloth in some cases which is good for Monk. Keep your weight under 14 pounds.

Might try West Karana, this is a good place to get some pelts from the Lions and Bears to practice tailoring (handy tradeskill for a Monk). I believe this is a vendor nearby that sells sewing kits and recipies.

Lastly, you could trek over to Everfrost on the other side of Blackburrow. There is a part of that zone that has mobs that you could fight. I believe wolves and bears, so potentially more tailoring practice. If you like it there, I would suggest getting bound in Halas.

Your other options involve dangerous travel and you are welcome to try. Most EQ vets have done the trek from Qeynos to Freeport, some of the stories are quite memorable. If you make the trip to Freeport, it has a little more variety of zones to choose from.

sgallaty
10-22-2010, 04:56 PM
4-5 is the qeynos dead spot - pre qeycat revamp.

at 4-5 you should be hunting solo gnolls outside and a few inside. each tooth at 4-5 is worth over an orange bubble of exp. You'll level 2-3 times from just a backpack of teeth, seriously.

group together, kill whites/yellows and you'll be fine.

does qeynos cat have good spawns in this timeframe? I thought that this was pre the qeynos catacombs revamp that added useful stuff.

eqravenprince
10-22-2010, 06:14 PM
does qeynos cat have good spawns in this timeframe? I thought that this was pre the qeynos catacombs revamp that added useful stuff.

I vaguely remember soloing frogloks there at level 6-7 as a monk. If he has a Druid partner, then he should be fine.

pickled_heretic
10-22-2010, 06:27 PM
frogloks in qeynos catacombs? i don't ever remember frogloks in qeynos catacombs.

as far as what you should do? you should get a port to the commons and bind in freeport. seriously. qeynos used to be my gangsta home ghetto back in the live days, and i regret saying this, but this server's population is too low so everyone concentrates in the population center of the world which happens to be east commons here.