PDA

View Full Version : Patch Notes: June 11th, 2015

Rogean
06-11-2015, 11:33 PM
Code

Rogean: Possible improvements to zoning reliability (EQEmu Community).
Rogean: Jumping will now show correctly to other players. Commence barrel rolls.
Haynar: (DemonStar55) Added playerstate support to code. This will allow fixing Bard animations so they can be seen by others.
Haynar: (DemonStar55) Fixed animation packet, which had some things reversed. This should fix animations that other see in most cases.
Haynar: (Itchybottom) Using /pet attack [mobname] will now work, without having a mob targeted.
Haynar: Fixed bard animations so others can see them.
Haynar: Moved spell animations to not need need an extra animation packet.
Haynar: Spell push on clients changed so that players will no longer warp to a previous position if they are moving.
Haynar: Quests activated by /say will now work for people who are sneaking behind the mob. Be warned, they will turn around.
Haynar: Weapon that proc AE spells, will no longer do a casting animation when they proc.
Haynar: Made some adjustments on how fear works on clients. They were moving at half speed before. They should now move at correct speed, and the
Haynar: movement will be less jumpy from the client view.
Haynar: Fixed a bug in mob movement, that could make it be jumpy sometimes. It would almost stutter as they moved.
Haynar: Fixes for runner giants in the ring wars. They will now visibly stop when rooted.
Haynar: A pet will no longer dual wield if they are handed a non-weapon item like a torch.
Kanras: Giants and Lycanthropes (Drolvargs, Werewolves) can now be pickpocketted.
Kanras: Most DOTs have received an extra tic of duration.

Content

Nilbog: Tiny Jade Inlaid Coffins are stackable
Nilbog: Donal's Chestplate of Mourning may no longer be clicked from inventory.
Nilbog: Pouch of Mistletoe Powder is no longer stackable.
Nilbog: aqua goblins in ocean of tears now have correct faction.
Nilbog: Nihilists of cabwest respawn time increased and class corrected. They are now shadowknights.
Nilbog: The teleporter room in the Hole functions properly.
Nilbog: Removed a Trantor Everhot duplicate. The remaining one now paths.
Nilbog: 'Tax Collection' quest is now multiquestable.
Nilbog: 'Poacher Heads' now awards exp.
Nilbog: Added missing Lashun Novashine text.
Nilbog: Terblyn Zelbus will no longer discuss Velious teleports. He will remember to do so when Velious is released.
Nilbog: Corrected an issue with the spawning of Iksar Dakoit.

Lev_Mer
06-11-2015, 11:36 PM
BARREL ROLLS???? OMFG

Mosti Cando
06-11-2015, 11:39 PM
Bard Buff, I'm in heaven

Oleris
06-11-2015, 11:43 PM
thank you rogean.

ergo
06-12-2015, 12:03 AM
NPC speed is broken. A bard with selos+MM battle drum was run down by 2 wolves. This is completely broken.

Duff73
06-12-2015, 12:14 AM
Confirmed mob speed is way off. Mobs running down sowed and jbooted players. Working as intended?

Moonkey
06-12-2015, 12:20 AM
Yeah I was just getting on the forums to see if there was anything about this. Was pulling some wisps in NK and could barely out run them with basic drums and Selo's certainly couldn't with Singing and Selo's at 17. Didn't know if they're speed was messed up, our speed, or just hit boxes. Seemed like I was being hit from pretty far away, but while running around it felt very "latency issued" at times.

Just trying to add information if it helps.

chipz
06-12-2015, 12:36 AM
Mobs just raped me while sowed. They had no problem keeping up lol.

Teeroyoyort
06-12-2015, 12:50 AM
Added challenge is classic'ish

ergo
06-12-2015, 12:52 AM
Added challenge is classic'ish

Not when its broken.

dinnerrollofdoom
06-12-2015, 01:05 AM
Originally Posted by Haynar View Post
Not intended. Investigating if a bug. Or some db update that didnt get patched before. Not sure at this point. Looking thru old patches.

ElemtalRZ
06-12-2015, 01:09 AM
Code
Rogean: Jumping will now show correctly to other players. Commence barrel rolls.
Haynar: (DemonStar55) Added playerstate support to code. This will allow fixing Bard animations so they can be seen by others.
Haynar: (DemonStar55) Fixed animation packet, which had some things reversed. This should fix animations that other see in most cases.
Haynar: (Itchybottom) Using /pet attack [mobname] will now work, without having a mob targeted.
Haynar: Fixed bard animations so others can see them.
Haynar: Moved spell animations to not need need an extra animation packet.
Haynar: Spell push on clients changed so that players will no longer warp to a previous position if they are moving.
Haynar: Quests activated by /say will now work for people who are sneaking behind the mob. Be warned, they will turn around.
Haynar: Weapon that proc AE spells, will no longer do a casting animation when they proc.
Haynar: Made some adjustments on how fear works on clients. They were moving at half speed before. They should now move at correct speed, and the
Haynar: Fixed a bug in mob movement, that could make it be jumpy sometimes. It would almost stutter as they moved.
Haynar: Fixes for runner giants in the ring wars. They will now visibly stop when rooted.
Haynar: A pet will no longer dual wield if they are handed a non-weapon item like a torch.
Kanras: Giants and Lycanthropes (Drolvargs, Werewolves) can now be pickpocketted.
Content
Nilbog: Tiny Jade Inlaid Coffins are stackable
Nilbog: Donal's Chestplate of Mourning may no longer be clicked from inventory.
Nilbog: Pouch of Mistletoe Powder is no longer stackable.
Nilbog: aqua goblins in ocean of tears now have correct faction.
Nilbog: Nihilists of cabwest respawn time increased and class corrected. They are now shadowknights.
Nilbog: The teleporter room in the Hole functions properly.
Nilbog: Removed a Trantor Everhot duplicate. The remaining one now paths.

Just curious, what do the names that are next to some of these patch notes mean?

dinnerrollofdoom
06-12-2015, 01:10 AM
The people who worked on the bug fixes I assume?

Smedy
06-12-2015, 02:20 AM
thanks brogean

myriverse
06-12-2015, 06:49 AM
Pras!

blondeattk
06-12-2015, 07:40 AM
`The teleporter room in the Hole functions properly.`

not clear where that is. it marked on a map?

Agatha
06-12-2015, 07:52 AM
thank you for this patch guys, and specially thanks to nilbog for fixing the plat exploit.

Slathar
06-12-2015, 08:05 AM
i would like to thank the volunteer staff for all of their hard work. thanka guys.

Baler
06-12-2015, 08:39 AM
Thank you Haynar and Nilbog.

Daldaen
06-12-2015, 08:44 AM
Code

Has anyone tested and confirmed this working?

Adcid
06-12-2015, 10:39 AM
Code

Cool. So just let me know when the mob movement issue has been resolved so I can go back to playing. In OT today a tiger ran faster than selos without a drum at level 42. I couldn't snare him either.

This isnt just limited to Tigers, Ive tested run speeds on rats in freeport as well. I believe based on the population of the server that most everyone is aware of the problem. took me 45 minutes to find a port to DL today from the EC tunnel, then only 9 people in DL, and only 12 people in OT. These zones are typically hot spots with at least 20 people at the time of day I was playing. Now with 1/2 the population at least.

Frudrura
06-12-2015, 12:00 PM
Nice, should keep some of the bards out of OT, hurray!

Ele
06-12-2015, 12:34 PM
Praise sneak questing fix!!!!!!

And take that robe wearing clerics!

Daldaen
06-12-2015, 12:55 PM
Praise sneak questing fix!!!!!!

And take that robe wearing clerics!

Give me a moment while I get on one of my five alts better suited for the quest than my cleric...

Silly halflings. Don't know just how useless they are.

Ele
06-12-2015, 01:52 PM
Give me a moment while I get on one of my five alts better suited for the quest than my cleric...

Silly halflings. Don't know just how useless they are.

The robe comment was directed to donals bp nerf. :p

Still jelly you aren't a halfling.

Daldaen
06-12-2015, 02:01 PM
Half-Elves are jealous of nothing. Robocop doesn't feel jealous. He just kills bad guys. And is super classic.

demonstar55
06-12-2015, 03:00 PM
Just curious, what do the names that are next to some of these patch notes mean?

The bold names are the people who implemented it for p99. The names in parentheses are if it's from another source who brought a fix to the attention of the p99 devs. (For example my fixes are from work on main line EQEmu, but haynar implemented them for p99)

Valerik
06-12-2015, 03:19 PM

why was this changed?

Charmcelot probably. Guy was making 170pp per kill for something with a few minute spawn time.

sabotage
06-12-2015, 04:25 PM
Any word on a fix for the mob speed increase?

Tann
06-12-2015, 06:32 PM
Cool. So just let me know when the mob movement issue has been resolved so I can go back to playing.

you could of course use one of the other methods bards have of gaining exp.

fear kite
charm
chant kite
group
duo
manmode face tank
etc..

aoe kiting is just one of said methods, all of which are far more efficient then any other class can pull off. (even melee cause you can slow/haste/regen yourself all w/out mana or downtime).

Wrench
06-12-2015, 06:41 PM
you could of course use one of the other methods bards have of gaining exp.

fear kite
charm
chant kite
group
duo
manmode face tank
etc..

aoe kiting is just one of said methods, all of which are far more efficient then any other class can pull off. (even melee cause you can slow/haste/regen yourself all w/out mana or downtime).

sounds like some song, like fear, are only lasting 2 ticks

some people are reporting some songs like mez and lull are lasting less than 1

that list is getting shorter

Villia
06-12-2015, 07:14 PM
Does this mean handing a charmed mob a torch will no longer have them dual wield?

Grimjaw
06-12-2015, 07:37 PM
thats exactly what that 1 line means

Eptar
06-12-2015, 08:10 PM
Raptors in TD definitely seemed to be faster than usual, although I'm willing to admit that it's possible I just misjudged the distance while gathering em up. Either way, I was one dead wizard.

mystang89
06-12-2015, 09:42 PM
Yeah, soloing is out of the picture for me. I snared a hound in East Karana, I think that's where it was, and the hound ran faster than me being snared. Going to stick to grouping for the time being.

blondeattk
06-12-2015, 10:24 PM
nm

nicol
06-12-2015, 11:06 PM
Was there a stealth nerf to seafuries? Seeing drastically reduced drop rate on all gems and tons more crystallized sulfer

Faited
06-13-2015, 04:39 AM
Thanks for the hard working of tracking down those bugs, staff!

The robe comment was directed to donals bp nerf. :p

Still jelly you aren't a halfling.

Yup, he still be jelly.

LostCause
06-13-2015, 06:36 AM
Raptors in TD definitely seemed to be faster than usual, although I'm willing to admit that it's possible I just misjudged the distance while gathering em up. Either way, I was one dead wizard.

raptors always ran fast they changed that awhile ago when they changed charming them on druids.

Eptar
06-13-2015, 07:16 AM
raptors always ran fast they changed that awhile ago when they changed charming them on druids.

Yeah they are normally fast, but I've kited em in jboots no problem before. Today I got caught by em with sow. Possible I didn't make a wide enough circle, but with all the reports of increased mob run speed, that seems a likely reason.

ravax
06-13-2015, 09:45 AM
Mobs are running through walls a lot now. KC especially. Any fix for this?

Please help.

Hawala
06-13-2015, 12:10 PM
Bard charm lasts one tick less now. :(

Grevenillvec
06-13-2015, 01:00 PM
Charmcelot probably. Guy was making 170pp per kill for something with a few minute spawn time.
Too many disputes of this camps popularity in the short time it was around, Hathaway charmcelot aka redjamz spam streamed this camp, selling sticks for 170pp. He lived there for days, dude got so skinny because of this camp. So Devi deemed it unhealthy.

Tann
06-13-2015, 03:01 PM

is it just songs that effect npcs? haven't really tested but able to easily hold up 4 group/self songs.

Aviann
06-13-2015, 03:12 PM
Any idea on when mob speed will be looked at? If it all

Fresh spawns are catching my bard with selo's... have to actually strafe to pull effectively.

Daldaen
06-13-2015, 03:49 PM

http://www.project1999.com/forums/showthread.php?t=171839&highlight=BARD+CHARM

This was finally fixed?

Tann
06-13-2015, 04:18 PM
http://www.project1999.com/forums/showthread.php?t=171839&highlight=BARD+CHARM

This was finally fixed?

12sec would work better imo with how fast the swarm can eat a pet

Daldaen
06-13-2015, 05:03 PM
Yea just need swarming to function a bit better here with aggro transfer from the train.

Nyvoren
06-14-2015, 01:24 AM
Is passive regeneration for mobs in-combat faster now ? I don't remember it being as fast as it is now. It's hard to tell in mobs that are 40 or higher, but lower level mobs seem to be getting 1% or more every 2-3 ticks now.

Sowellca
06-14-2015, 12:56 PM
I've always had a minor problem with going link dead and more so while zoning. Now however, I am doing it almost every time I zone. Very hard to not die and keep a group. No one wants someone in their group that is constantly going link dead.

cormag
06-14-2015, 01:12 PM
I've been having this thing for a while where I zone, start moving forward in the new zone and then some kinda lag happens that turns me around back where I came from and end up zoning back..

Supreme
06-15-2015, 09:55 PM
12 hours in chardok today.

Not a single magic item dropped. SBS, SoS etc. Which is extremely unlikely.

Haynar
06-15-2015, 10:13 PM
12 hours in chardok today.

Not a single magic item dropped. SBS, SoS etc. Which is extremely unlikely.
If mobs within a radius of 50 die less than 30 sec apart, they flag as no magic item drop. And gem drop rate is halved.

Just kidding.

Or am I?

Raev
06-15-2015, 11:46 PM
I am also going LD on zoning a lot more now. EQ just sits there; after 2 minutes or so I just kill it (or it boots me to the login screen) and when I try to log in I get the 'you have an active character' thingy.

towbes
06-16-2015, 01:54 AM
I am also going LD on zoning a lot more now. EQ just sits there; after 2 minutes or so I just kill it (or it boots me to the login screen) and when I try to log in I get the 'you have an active character' thingy.

Welcome to my world raev. A lot of my packet sniffs are showing my client trying to send data to the server but not getting anything in return. Way worse after this patch, and much harder to login for me during times that my internet wasn't very good to begin with. We are not alone!

http://www.project1999.com/forums/showthread.php?t=198339

nilbog
06-16-2015, 01:42 PM
Added a few updated quest changes to OP of fixes that didn't make it in until the restart earlier today.

Nilbog: 'Tax Collection' quest is now multiquestable.
Nilbog: 'Poacher Heads' now awards exp.
Nilbog: Added missing Lashun Novashine text.
Nilbog: Terblyn Zelbus will no longer discuss Velious teleports. He will remember to do so when Velious is released.
Nilbog: Corrected an issue with the spawning of Iksar Dakoit.

Grimjaw
06-16-2015, 05:37 PM
Can we get some clarification on this change? Because some people thought you fixed dots that were 1 tick too short, such as splurt... While others assume that you patched in that "potential bonus tick" that could potentially happen to any dot, when it gets timed to exactly align with the server tick.

So which is it? did you just fix a few dots that were too short? or did you add in the "potential bonus tick" to every spell?

or, as someone else put it...
If we are going to say that Splurt is where it should be, ticking 16 times, then other DoTS out there is ticking 1 too many times. If we say that every other DoT is ticking the right number of times (taking the server tick as granted, 100% chance), then Splurt is ticking 1 too few times.

Haynar
06-16-2015, 06:01 PM
No bonus tick. But I think I figured out why there was one at all.

H

sabotage
06-16-2015, 09:11 PM
Still hoping to hear something about the increase in mob speed ... would like to start kiting again

Adcid
06-17-2015, 12:25 AM
Still hoping to hear something about the increase in mob speed ... would like to start kiting again

Resolved. The mobs are moving slower allowing for successful pulls and kiting.

salimoneus
06-17-2015, 01:09 AM
Thanks for your efforts devs!

Grimjaw
06-17-2015, 02:00 AM
No bonus tick. But I think I figured out why there was one at all.

H

thanks for the clarification. you rock!!

Nuktari
06-17-2015, 01:35 PM
Just went to the portal room in The Hole.
The center portal takes you to Neriak Third Gate (ontop of cleric guild). It previously did not work.

Left side used to be Neriak 3rd Gate
Right side used to be jail in Erudin Palace (haven't tested either as of yet 6/17/15)

Also, is it me, or is the lake water in EJ animating extra fast now? Compared it to the nearby stream which is the proper speed. Could just be me though...

https://media4.giphy.com/media/lAYoj5ed4jqHC/200.gif

b_rob242
06-18-2015, 12:27 PM
I've always had a minor problem with going link dead and more so while zoning. Now however, I am doing it almost every time I zone. Very hard to not die and keep a group. No one wants someone in their group that is constantly going link dead.

I have been experiencing this often as well. Most of my time is spent in WF,EC,WC, Nek Forrest area. Had the game crash when zoning and camping.

Defgun
06-18-2015, 08:53 PM
Hey all, haven't been on in a couple months. Where can i get the patch at? At character select screen it says I need to update spell files. Error Code SP-1. Anyone know how to fix?

mdavis522
06-19-2015, 04:40 AM
I just crashed while zoning from North Qeynos to Qeynos Hills. First time it's ever happened. Also went LD earlier today for the first time ever. Just letting you know. It wasn't letting me back in. First i got 1018, but then it was timeout error, and then unknown error. Now its letting me back in. Whew. That was kinda scary.

salimoneus
06-19-2015, 05:21 PM
Hey all, haven't been on in a couple months. Where can i get the patch at? At character select screen it says I need to update spell files. Error Code SP-1. Anyone know how to fix?

Since they didn't post a link here to a client update package, that means the patch was a server side update only.

Now if your client files are out of date, then you need to get the last client patch that was released. You can usually find that by checking the Project 1999 Guidebook (http://www.project1999.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2651) thread for the current distribution. Midway down in the first post you will find the distribution download link.

Nuggets
06-19-2015, 10:48 PM
I have been experiencing this often as well. Most of my time is spent in WF,EC,WC, Nek Forrest area. Had the game crash when zoning and camping.

Cant even log in anymore. Before today was going LD every 3/4 zone attempts. Would be nice if i could play

mystang89
06-20-2015, 08:02 AM
The people who are going LD - do you all have win eq running in the background? I heard this app helps to stabilize eq. If you don't maybe it will work for you till they get this figured out.

Casey VII
06-20-2015, 05:09 PM
Code

I'm crashing a third of the time when I zone now. This has never happened before the patch.

gildor
06-21-2015, 07:52 AM
I'm crashing a third of the time when I zone now. This has never happened before the patch.

Same,

Rogean can this be rolled back to see if it improves this. There are multiple posts etc regarding this, I believe it would do the community some good to revisit this sir.

Thanks.

huddin
06-21-2015, 08:38 AM
im trying to log in to the game. i have my account all set up put my info in the log in and says logging into server ...please wait. been waiting for a while now. do i need to patch and how do i do that?

demonstar55
06-21-2015, 12:55 PM
A roll back won't help. I already told Rogean what he needs to do to fix it, hopefully he will.

woad
06-23-2015, 10:38 PM
fix this please ... thanks

cormag
06-24-2015, 11:42 AM
Crashed on zoning about 15 times yesterday =(

Stormfists
06-24-2015, 06:29 PM
15 Times? You lucky lad. Every zone. Musta been 40 times easy. Crashed 5 times on one zone alone.

Plas haelp uz.

Rararboker
06-24-2015, 07:45 PM
Wow, didn't even know this was a thing. I've noticed I'm zoning faster than before the patch. No crashes at all.

Casey VII
06-25-2015, 09:43 AM
Depends on which router you're trying to go through in order to reach him. We don't have a choice depending on location and one of them is fucked up real bad.

woad
06-27-2015, 04:15 PM
still cannot play the game without crashing on a zone . load times when I am able to log in are horrible . everything works fine as long as I do not zone or log out to drop agro on a pull or swap characters to do something else . then it dumps you back to log in screen and log in wont even work . if I am able to get to the server select screen it just spams me with unknown error has occurred while trying to join server .
has anyone found a fix for this yet or do I just need to find another game ?

mystang89
06-27-2015, 06:01 PM
Haven't heard anyone saying anything about a fix yet so might want to just go to another game till you hear something different.

rattrap17
06-27-2015, 10:38 PM
Just posting to say I also have been crashing on zone about 60 percent of the time since the last patch. Never had any issues zoning before the patch, game used to run extremely smoothly.

Rararboker
06-28-2015, 03:18 PM
Since I posted the other day, I've been having some minor issues. Keep going LD when signing out to switch characters. No crashing on zoning though.

Whirled
07-01-2015, 01:11 PM
For the last week or so, I also have had similar issues to those stated here.
a. frozen up a few times while zoning
b. few times I DC'd figuring a few minutes was long enough to wait
c. empty server page (sometimes) back out & reappears

demonstar55
07-01-2015, 01:26 PM
For the last week or so, I also have had similar issues to those stated here.
a. frozen up a few times while zoning
b. few times I DC'd figuring a few minutes was long enough to wait
c. empty server page (sometimes) back out & reappears

That is 100% consistent with my understanding of how Rogean implemented the fix. You can try connecting to PEQ and see if you have issues. EQEmu has a more correct implementation and your packet loss to PEQ should be very similar to p99.

Whirled
07-01-2015, 01:41 PM
That is 100% consistent with my understanding of how Rogean implemented the fix. You can try connecting to PEQ and see if you have issues. EQEmu has a more correct implementation and your packet loss to PEQ should be very similar to p99.

I don't understand how that would affect anything?
I only log into p99. Never made any changes aside from the patch updates & never had any long standing issues until the last couple weeks. Always had a decent connection + zoned quicker than most before.

demonstar55
07-01-2015, 01:51 PM
I don't understand how that would affect anything?
I only log into p99. Never made any changes aside from the patch updates & never had any long standing issues until the last couple weeks. Always had a decent connection + zoned quicker than most before.

Just because you never had packet loss issues before doesn't mean you don't now. It's also possible you just never noticed before because the server instantly kicked you instead of having your client sit there for 1 min trying to connect. You can test if it really is the incorrect implementation by trying to connect to PEQ and see if you have a better time connecting. (Main line EQEmu has a better implementation although I won't say it's 100% correct)

Sowellca
07-01-2015, 09:02 PM
I had this problem so bad. I finally noticed (barely) that it seemed like my EQ window (I play windowed mode) lost "focus". As if something else was trying to maybe grab the focus. So after searching, I found the following and it worked like a charm. It was on a forum on Bleepingcomputer.com.

Run regedit and navigate to:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER > Control Panel > Desktop

Look for ForegroundLockTimeout

This DWORD controls how long you have to be idle in an app before another app can show focus. If the time has not yet expired, the offending app should just flash in the taskbar. The default should be 30d40 (200000), which is 200000 milliseconds.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/452520/prevent-loss-of-window-focus/

Mine was indeed set to zero, and I changed it with this value. Now I've been playing and having fun again. I zone quickly, reliably and don't seem to just go LD near as much. When I do, it's usually my internet connection. YMMV, but it has worked for me thus far. Good Luck!

Gimp
07-01-2015, 09:57 PM
Got it down to a science at this point.

Load in, with unusually high latency, play til I have to zone.

Crash.

Rinse/Repeat.

Pretty annoying.

Jezzabelle
07-03-2015, 10:45 AM
Got it down to a science at this point.

Load in, with unusually high latency, play til I have to zone.

Crash.

Rinse/Repeat.

Pretty annoying.

Hate to be a copycat but this sounds exactly like my game play style as of late too. :cool:

Sosa_Chamberlain
07-03-2015, 01:19 PM
how do I apply the patch, I keep getting update required?

Sosa_Chamberlain
07-03-2015, 01:24 PM
update, ive unzipped everything into the everquest folder and i
'm still getting the error, to give me detail...

Casey VII
07-06-2015, 05:22 PM
you're not fully connecting to the server upon logging in so it will keep giving you that error until whatever they are complaining about gets fixed.

mdavis522
07-10-2015, 12:43 AM
So, where do I get the patch file? Is it the same v36 on the getting started page? I'm new to this...

kaev
07-10-2015, 02:43 AM
Yes, patch file link in getting started post is updated when necessary, v36 is current.