PDA

View Full Version : Bard songs having shorter duration since patch intended?

Tiduss1
06-13-2015, 02:01 PM
I noticed the thread on mob run speed but didn't see anything about this topic.
I had been fear kiting the forager cycle off and on all week and could easily cycle 3 chants, snare, and fear with fear never breaking. Since the patch, I have only been able to get 2 chants, snare, and fear... and about 50% of the time fear breaks before I can finish the 4th song.

So I have gone from being able to do 5 songs to only 3-4 in the duration of snare and fear. I did not see anything in the patch notes about this but I have talked to quite a few bards today and they are all noticing the same thing.

Is this intended? are others having this problem?

applesauce25r624
06-14-2015, 01:20 AM
This sounds incredibly unclassic. Can we get a nerd historian in this thread, please?

newagemystic
06-14-2015, 02:54 AM
I would say 4 max was classic, and even then it was only really more like 3.65-ish songs as the 1st would clear "halfish" a tick into the 4th songs activation.

Tann
06-14-2015, 03:05 AM
It's mentioned in about 4 other threads that self/group songs are unaffected but detrimental stuff on NPCs is not lasting its normal duration.

I would say 4 max was classic, and even then it was only really more like 3.65-ish songs as the 1st would clear "halfish" a tick into the 4th songs activation.

4 was easily doable back in the day latency considered, 5 happened on occasion but wasn't sustainable

Trollhide
06-14-2015, 07:28 AM
have noticed my mez wearing off (only sometimes) before I can reapply it after 2 ticks of Denon's Dissension in between.. something is definitely afoot :mad:

Xaanka
06-14-2015, 08:16 AM

He's talking about cycling dots, which should last a bit longer than a typical bard song. You can get up to 5 songs, sometimes more depending on which songs you twist. In the 56k days it might have came out to be a few less songs twistable, but this is definitely classic. Patch broke the class.
Swarm kite is broken, Charm kite is broken, Fear kite is broken, and CC is broken for grouping. Right now bards can not solo, and can not contribute CC to a group.

Tann
06-14-2015, 11:24 AM
Swarm kite is broken, Charm kite is broken, Fear kite is broken, and CC is broken for grouping. Right now bards can not solo, and can not contribute CC to a group.

Sounds like these bugs,

:rolleyes:

Were intentional

:cool:

YEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

milsorgen
06-14-2015, 12:54 PM
In the 56k days it might have came out to be a few less songs twistable, but this is definitely classic.

Yeah back in the analog days 5 songs was quite an achievement IIRC.

Xaanka
06-16-2015, 01:22 AM
Yeah back in the analog days 5 songs was quite an achievement IIRC.

2 is what was expected of you, 3 was good, 4 was pro, 5 was goku

nyclin
06-16-2015, 09:21 AM
my totally anecdotal evidence says that bards only twisted 2 songs max until /melody because 56k just couldn't handle the power of 3 songs at once

fastboy21
06-16-2015, 11:24 AM
my totally anecdotal evidence says that bards only twisted 2 songs max until /melody because 56k just couldn't handle the power of 3 songs at once

i regularly twisted 4 on live in classic/kunark. it wasn't a matter of connection speed or other latency; it was, as it is now, just a pain to twist songs for hours on end without /melody.

the five twist i am not sure about. it isn't a skill issue though. if you can twist 4 you then can twist five...its just a different button you are pushing, its not like juggling where adding another ball makes the endeavor significantly harder each time.

the five song twist only works because of the server-side tick...i.e. if i am singing regen the entire effect of the regen is applied on the tick, regardless of how much longer the buff stays up (this is the same thing as "canny dancing"---you only need to be sitting when the server ticks to get the full sitting mana regen regardless of whether or not you are standing for the next 5.9 secs, etc.). so, in effect, if you make sure that your "drop song" is a song that only has to be on during the server tick to get its full effect (mana regen, health regen, etc.) then you are running five bard songs altogether.

to be honest, i am not sure if it worked this way in classic on live. the consensus seems to be that it did, but most folks didn't know (at least folks I knew who played bards) enough about the way songs and ticks worked to universally take advantage of it.

nyclin
06-16-2015, 11:38 AM
I was joking. People seem to think that Bards were totally crippled by 56k modems and it just wasn't true.

You can do 5 songs if at least 2 are offensive e.g. snare/fear but you will occasionally have one of the offensive effects fall off
Max beneficial has and always been 4+Niv's from BOH, but the 4th will fall off sometimes

Udabut
06-17-2015, 07:24 AM
Use to be able to CC 5 mobs on a bad pull, now limited to 2. Anyone know if this is going to be fixed? Basically they just took one of the major reasons away people pick bards to be in their groups.

Murri
06-18-2015, 03:42 AM
I was joking. People seem to think that Bards were totally crippled by 56k modems and it just wasn't true.

You can do 5 songs if at least 2 are offensive e.g. snare/fear but you will occasionally have one of the offensive effects fall off
Max beneficial has and always been 4+Niv's from BOH, but the 4th will fall off sometimes

4+Niv's was what i did back in the day.