PDA

View Full Version : Poll: Velious or Wipe?

efridge
06-14-2015, 11:59 AM
Just a fun thought.

If the gods gave us the choice of having Velious launch tomorrow, or for a complete server wipe and start at Vanilla day 1 and have the timeline progress naturally (no 3 year gap between Kunark and Velious), which would you choose?

Champion_Standing
06-14-2015, 12:01 PM
Wipe it clean 2015

Tann
06-14-2015, 12:03 PM
Posting in a bi-weekly wipe/new server thread!

Swish
06-14-2015, 12:14 PM
http://i.imgur.com/ukBSczM.gif

Beckoning
06-14-2015, 12:33 PM
I think it could be fun to start over as long as I have some vacation time scheduled then. ;D

B4EQWASCOOL
06-14-2015, 12:48 PM
Wipe it. It's dirty.

Rararboker
06-14-2015, 12:50 PM
I bet if we can get 2-3 of these threads started a week, instead of the normal 1, that it might happen.

Baler
06-14-2015, 01:30 PM
This is what should happen when people try to make new threads without searching.
http://photos.stoynev.net/misc_cars/NewThreadCatButton2.gif

jolanar
06-14-2015, 01:30 PM
If we only had classic with the 1500+ population... lord have mercy on our souls.

Swish
06-14-2015, 01:32 PM
This is what should happen when people try to make new threads without searching.
http://photos.stoynev.net/misc_cars/NewThreadCatButton2.gif

lol!

myriverse
06-14-2015, 01:59 PM
Wipe your own buttocks.

DarkwingDuck
06-15-2015, 06:33 AM
We'll... No surprise who's winning here

Glubbug
06-15-2015, 07:26 AM
And im sure you would lose 2/3 of your population base. Some players like my self just discovered this server 2 months ago and have worked had to get up to 46+. I have no inclination to do it again with crowded "classic" areas. If I wanted that I would just go ragefire and get easy xp. As would many others.

Monty405
06-15-2015, 07:31 AM
I just joined (relatively speaking) no wipe please.

However, if the question were Re99 or Velious I'd pick Re99. Being able to start-over with everyone else would be refreshing.

Champion_Standing
06-18-2015, 01:02 PM
The community has spoken!

Wipe it clean!!!

B4EQWASCOOL
06-18-2015, 01:17 PM
Server wipe sounds so good. I doubt they'll do it, but it really is an attractive option.

Daldaen
06-18-2015, 01:44 PM
Would a server wipe come with more classic features? This is important.

Cause if we have unclassic sneak pulling and continue to have modern UI updates that trivialize the game, I'll pass.

Wipe it and put us on a Triology client that doesn't allow more than 1 chat box and 1 hot button window, 100% sign me up.

B4EQWASCOOL
06-18-2015, 01:50 PM
Wipe with all bugfixes/exploit fixes that have been uploaded to date. I use the standard UI without chat boxes, personally.

Champion_Standing
06-21-2015, 12:09 PM
Wipe still clearly favored by the community.

Swish
06-21-2015, 12:21 PM
Grouped in MM today we had an epic rogue who turned into a haste snob... apparently rogue haste + bard song + augmentation isn't enough haste... clicked his aug off in disgust and demanded the alacrity/celerity line when i was low mana.

Wipe it, for god's sake wipe it ;)

Freakish
06-21-2015, 12:23 PM
1500 person Lguk lines.

DarkwingDuck
06-22-2015, 02:49 AM
you JUST started two months ago? and opposed to a wipe, thats crazy, 5 years behind on a grind fest game hehe.

Wipe it! ill lose 15 chars.. i dont care.. lets all start over together! with velious!

Antonica+kunark+ Velious , fresh, yum

Cecily
06-22-2015, 05:36 AM
Wipe it clean.

GnashingOfTeeth
06-22-2015, 06:12 AM
I used to say never, but 3 years of fester with kunark, mq, etc, has me thinking a wipe would be good.

Axlrose
06-22-2015, 06:30 AM
A similar proposal has been mentioned for Eve Online over the years, yet the server remains "current".

Wiping the server clean would cause (in my opinion) four groups of players.

- The hardcore, "no lifers" would know every ~exploit~, secret, and trick to position themselves at the top of the food chain. This group would most likely have the most alts to cock block other players from gaining the higher end "phat lewt" as they farm away, zerging through zones.

- The next group of players would be those following behind the above mentioned group, accepting the table scraps while looking for an edge to get into that group. This group would become the next farmers of "phat lewt" once the hardcore players moved onward to bigger and better treasures.

- The next group would be the weekend warrior types that would get to play hardcore during extended down times in real life, but very little otherwise. These players would obtain "phat lewt" from either of the two above mentioned groups, but would not have the means, much less the numbers, to obtain these pieces themselves. This group's claim to fame would be to raid mobs the above two groups farmed weeks, if not months earlier.

- The last group would be the casual of the casual players. This group has made slow, but steady progress with their own personal goals. While a server wipe would initially limit their areas of fun, over time they would find areas open. Whether players in other groups mentioned above would have alts to interact with these casual players is questionable.

Personally, I would not want to see a server wipe since I see myself in the last category. The progress I have made (which amounts to not much compared to most players here) would have felt like a waste of time. I really would have to consider signing up to start again. And while I can not speak for others, I feel other players would have similar thoughts.

Just my thoughts.

Cecily
06-22-2015, 06:36 AM
Pretty much. Nothing would change in the relative order of things, besides a large number of people would quit and we'd have a blank slate for gear. Casuals would get hurt more than anyone by a wipe.

Daldaen
06-22-2015, 06:44 AM
Pretty much. Nothing would change in the relative order of things, besides a large number of people would quit and we'd have a blank slate for gear. Casuals would get hurt more than anyone by a wipe.

This.

Those of you who think a wipe will get you a Manastone or Guise, no. You'll just see one guy camp it for 12 hours, hand off camp to a guildmate for 12 hours. And repeat. Until it's removed.

Neckbeards will neckbeard and casuals will casual.

But it would be worth it if we moved to an older client which has far more classic UI restrictions and less mod-ability.

Tulnavara
06-22-2015, 09:37 AM
Grouped in MM today we had an epic rogue who turned into a haste snob... apparently rogue haste + bard song + augmentation isn't enough haste... clicked his aug off in disgust and demanded the alacrity/celerity line when i was low mana.

Wipe it, for god's sake wipe it ;)

Not good enough to be at haste cap, gotta be way over it.

HalflingWarrior
06-22-2015, 10:04 AM
Just a fun thought.

If the gods gave us the choice of having Velious launch tomorrow, or for a complete server wipe and start at Vanilla day 1 and have the timeline progress naturally (no 3 year gap between Kunark and Velious), which would you choose?

3 years? Its actually four and a half years LMAO.

Nice "classic" server ya got tharr

HalflingWarrior
06-22-2015, 10:09 AM
All we need is a 2nd, new, blue server. They'll NEVER do a wipe so we need to compromise here.

A NEW BLUE MEANS A NEW YOU!!!!!

Champion_Standing
06-22-2015, 10:56 AM
Nah wipe has nothing to do with getting a guise or being on an even playing field. I watched hundreds of guises rot in classic btw so plenty of those to go around. Wipe is needed for years of broken loot tables and exploits that flooded the server with plat and rare items from the very start. If you guys only knew.

xhucknasty
06-22-2015, 11:02 AM
Nah wipe has nothing to do with getting a guise or being on an even playing field. I watched hundreds of guises rot in classic btw so plenty of those to go around. Wipe is needed for years of broken loot tables and exploits that flooded the server with plat and rare items from the very start. If you guys only knew.

Quite a few items were available out of their original era at classic launch iirc. Is this what you're talking about?

Champion_Standing
06-22-2015, 11:18 AM
Quite a few items were available out of their original era at classic launch iirc. Is this what you're talking about?

Drops, drop rates, various broken mechanics that trivialized camps lasting well into kunark, not to mention the population in the earlier days was rife with seq and mq use before they improved detection. When they first started busting cheaters here they had to give them a warning basically because banning them would have killed the server pop.

HalflingWarrior
06-22-2015, 01:32 PM
NEW BLUE 2015

A NEW BLUE, MEANS A NEW YOU!!!

myriverse
06-22-2015, 04:16 PM
NEW BLUE 2015

New sucks.

waffel
06-22-2015, 04:33 PM
Why not find a new game that isn't so topheavy with ultra-autistic poopsockers?

fahlen
06-22-2015, 10:13 PM
Been gone a while. This is the first post I see. Dayum.

Coridan
06-23-2015, 09:40 AM
Maybe not a wipe but a new "progression" server where the expansions are unlocked on the proper days. Classic on March 16, 2016, RoK on April 24, 2017 and SOV on Dec 5 2017.

Though the Daybreak agreement may prevent opening up new servers. Who knows.

fahlen
06-23-2015, 11:27 AM
I highly doubt blue will ever be wiped, I'm just surprised at the majority vote. But a lot of things changed while I was gone so it makes sense. And it wouldn't necessarily be the worst thing to ever happen to blue.

HalflingWarrior
06-23-2015, 11:40 AM
Maybe not a wipe but a new "progression" server where the expansions are unlocked on the proper days. Classic on March 16, 2016, RoK on April 24, 2017 and SOV on Dec 5 2017.

Though the Daybreak agreement may prevent opening up new servers. Who knows.

See now this guy here? He gets it!

NEW BLUE 2015

Tr4c3r
06-23-2015, 12:22 PM
For the people saying that the poor won't get rich and vice versa with a reset. I don't think that's what people who want a reset are after. We are after a experience without such a top heavy lame leveling experience.

B4EQWASCOOL
06-23-2015, 12:40 PM
For the people saying that the poor won't get rich and vice versa with a reset. I don't think that's what people who want a reset are after. We are after a experience without such a top heavy lame leveling experience.

Well said!

xhucknasty
06-23-2015, 10:04 PM
This.

Those of you who think a wipe will get you a Manastone or Guise, no. You'll just see one guy camp it for 12 hours, hand off camp to a guildmate for 12 hours. And repeat. Until it's removed.

Neckbeards will neckbeard and casuals will casual.

But it would be worth it if we moved to an older client which has far more classic UI restrictions and less mod-ability.

I'm not saying I would quit if they made classic UI mandatory but I would probably play far less. I don't miss having to click each spell or item at the vendor to get its name or having to list item stats out when auctioning. I certainly don't miss having my entire screen consumed by a spell book while medding. I always felt like the newer UI retained the classic feel of the game without being overly restrictive or tedious. I've been on this server since 2009. The nostalgia is gone. I just like playing the game now.

Coridan
06-24-2015, 09:43 AM
I wouldn't want to be forced to use this UI http://www.techpowerup.com/forums/attachments/everquest-jpg.49495/ but I liked the idea of casters having to stare at the book, forced them to trust in their melees =p

Swish
06-24-2015, 09:48 AM
I've been on this server since 2009. The nostalgia is gone. I just like playing the game now.

I think there's a lot of that going around. Hard to be nostalgic with the level of twinking going on. If you want nostalgia and players leveling in rags, its red and red only.

fahlen
06-24-2015, 10:02 AM
Red is a nice change of pace. A little excitement to what is by now, boring as all hell. Camps are open, groups to be found at all levels from what I've experienced in my little time here. Not any griefing yet with about 2 days played time among a few chars. Looking hopeful.

Malevz
06-24-2015, 10:17 AM
Nothing says "you want to play here" like "we deleted everyone's chars a month ago", but we probably won't do that again. Spend your playtime on p1999 where your hard work... may be safe.

Swish
06-24-2015, 10:18 AM
Red is a nice change of pace. A little excitement to what is by now, boring as all hell. Camps are open, groups to be found at all levels from what I've experienced in my little time here. Not any griefing yet with about 2 days played time among a few chars. Looking hopeful.

actual testimony

http://mgoblog.com/sites/mgoblog.com/files/images/UV_B933/simpsons-lionel-hutz1.jpg

fahlen
06-24-2015, 12:09 PM
I think the words finally out Swish. But since we hijacked the thread already, sell me some CHA hand-me-downs brew.

B4EQWASCOOL
06-24-2015, 12:44 PM
Nothing says "you want to play here" like "we deleted everyone's chars a month ago", but we probably won't do that again. Spend your playtime on p1999 where your hard work... may be safe.

Good point. How about a new server every 3 years or however long the actual timeline is to have a year of velious. Then, those characters get rolled into existing blue/red.

Maybe alternate starts of red/blue at half interval. Would give you a rolling TLP every year or year and 1/2.

sambal
06-24-2015, 12:48 PM
Wipe it clean 2015

Champion_Standing for president!

Tr4c3r
06-24-2015, 12:48 PM
Good point. How about a new server every 3 years or however long the actual timeline is to have a year of velious. Then, those characters get rolled into existing blue/red.

Maybe alternate starts of red/blue at half interval. Would give you a rolling TLP every year or year and 1/2.

I remember someone talking about them implementing this after Velious is all done. Personally I would rather them do it sooner. I think it would help with Velious being overpopulated and if it is a matter of means to do another server I'm sure a lot of players would be willing to chip in to make it happen.

sambal
06-24-2015, 12:50 PM
NEW BLUE 2015

HalflingWarrior
06-24-2015, 12:55 PM
NEW BLUE 2015

Swish
06-24-2015, 01:09 PM
I think the words finally out Swish. But since we hijacked the thread already, sell me some CHA hand-me-downs brew.

If you can make it to NFP or Neriak bank I'll make you up some cha bracelets/neck/etc if you need them at cost. Give me a PM. No tunnel rat prices.

fahlen
06-24-2015, 02:18 PM
If you can make it to NFP or Neriak bank I'll make you up some cha bracelets/neck/etc if you need them at cost. Give me a PM. No tunnel rat prices.

Greatly appreciated man. I'll be in neriak in 15min, just got off work. Char name: Alleged

Gilder
06-24-2015, 03:12 PM
NEW BLUE 2015

xhucknasty
06-24-2015, 03:42 PM

I'm giving red a shot. Anyone have a spare FS weapon they can throw my way? Getting rocked by orcs regularly in Gfay. Char name Pigtailz

fahlen
06-24-2015, 04:00 PM
I'm giving red a shot. Anyone have a spare FS weapon they can throw my way? Getting rocked by orcs regularly in Gfay. Char name Pigtailz

What class? I may have a few things I could throw your way. Atleast a little plat to get started.

xhucknasty
06-24-2015, 04:03 PM
What class? I may have a few things I could throw your way. Atleast a little plat to get started.

Druid

citizen1080
06-24-2015, 04:16 PM
Inside source confirmed for me that if we stack the first 2 pages of server chat with wipe it clean threads they will do it.

Go forth and spam my minions.

dafier
06-24-2015, 04:18 PM
Yes please spam....

JUMP ON THE BAN WAGON! WOOOOO!

Champion_Standing
06-24-2015, 04:28 PM
Champion_Standing for president!

I promise to wipe it clean if elected.

Furniture
06-24-2015, 04:31 PM
people are so afraid that half the server would quit with a wipe like thats a bad thing

I dont know why everyone insists that having an overcrowded, wait in line for camp, extremely bloated raid guild endgame makes a better server, it actually makes this server a shitfest

kaev
06-24-2015, 04:31 PM

Will you use single-ply or two-ply?

kaev
06-24-2015, 04:35 PM
people are so afraid that half the server would quit with a wipe like thats a bad thing

I dont know why everyone insists that having an overcrowded, wait in line for camp, extremely bloated raid guild endgame makes a better server, it actually makes this server a shitfest

Problem is mostly with the people, not the circumstances. It would not take this population long to overcome the shiny newness of a wipe and restore the current environment, even without boxing and 20/26 fists at L50.

Champion_Standing
06-24-2015, 04:36 PM
Will you use single-ply or two-ply?

I'll be open to all options as long as a wipe is involved. Front to back, back to front, and even in a circular motion if necessary.

DarkwingDuck
06-24-2015, 05:47 PM

I know where my vote stands! Be your own champion!
Vote Champion Standing for Pres.

Furniture
06-24-2015, 06:19 PM
Just to throw this thought out there,

I think the plan to start a new server and then merge it with the old server is a shitty idea.

People will immediately be offering mass amounts of platinum on Blue for things on the new server just like what is done on the red server.

Wipe the old server in 3 years or so. A new server with cross platinum trades where the richest people on blue can pay for whatever they want on the new server is not the same as a "new" server.

xhucknasty
06-24-2015, 06:23 PM
Just to throw this thought out there,

I think the plan to start a new server and then merge it with the old server is a shitty idea.

People will immediately be offering mass amounts of platinum on Blue for things on the new server just like what is done on the red server.

Wipe the old server in 3 years or so. A new server with cross platinum trades where the richest people on blue can pay for whatever they want on the new server is not the same as a "new" server.

Make cross-server transactions against the rules. Is that harder to enforce than RMT? Not sure.

SewingMachine
06-24-2015, 06:46 PM
I keep thing about what char I would play if there was a server wipe. I keep getting my self psyched up! Lets do this clean, all the newbie zones would be great to play in. Not just PL your char.

manard
06-24-2015, 07:01 PM
I started about a month ago and have my highest of 32 necromancer and about 3k plat in items.

I met a lot of friendly people starting out, and most of them were very jaded and seemed happy to see a new face, a few just hung around me for hours chatting about old times and helping me out.

Two were planning on leaving to a different server. I think it would be good to an optional progression server at least so people dont lose their hard work, but can enjoy it from the start again

Rararboker
06-24-2015, 07:41 PM
I started about a month ago and have my highest of 32 necromancer and about 3k plat in items.

I met a lot of friendly people starting out, and most of them were very jaded and seemed happy to see a new face, a few just hung around me for hours chatting about old times and helping me out.

Two were planning on leaving to a different server. I think it would be good to an optional progression server at least so people dont lose their hard work, but can enjoy it from the start again

This is what the p99 staff are doing. Going to open a new, fresh, progression server after velious goes live and is up for a year or so. Once it catches up with the current server it merges into p99 blue and starts over, fresh. Not sure what the point of this poll was considering the current plans which are already public.

Jaleth
06-24-2015, 09:35 PM

This is what terrifies me. Been playing here for over 4 years and my highest lvl is 49, would hate to lose all that time and gear with a server wipe. Obviously I am a very casual player.

clacbec
06-24-2015, 09:47 PM
wipe it, next question ?

kaev
06-24-2015, 11:34 PM
This is what terrifies me. Been playing here for over 4 years and my highest lvl is 49, would hate to lose all that time and gear with a server wipe. Obviously I am a very casual player.

Don't panic, lol. The core server staff has been quite clear about not wiping this server. They have mentioned the possibility of a "recycle" server being added when they're satisfied with their implementation of Velious. The recycle server would follow original timeline and then merge into p99 blue. No commitment tho, but a lot of people assume it'll happen because the devs have put so much effort into creating their vanilla thru Velious ruleset & timeline it's hard to believe they won't fire it up for at least one complete runthru of the timeline once it's complete.

HalflingWarrior
06-25-2015, 12:27 AM
NEW BLUE 2015