PDA

View Full Version : new progression server, should I try?

holsteinrx7
06-16-2015, 05:03 PM
Should I try the new progression sever? I've always wanted the clean slate experience, noobs running around in crap gear. I also hear it's gonna be not classic and people will box

I'm a little surprised I've heard nothing about it on these forums or server. Maybe everyone's too busy playing on it. Please let me know if I'm missing anything or if I should just keep looking forward to velious.

Adcid
06-16-2015, 05:09 PM
if you're talking about live progression server, it was launched around the same time they did a patch here and so some people tried it on launch day. After a long wait and the progression server allowing some people to hit max level within a few hours due to an exploit I think those who rather play here are still here.

My personal experience with progression servers is, they are fun as long as you're in the end game guild that is causing the progression. If you're not, they it feels like a normal server.

Ive heard about a time-locked server, and that would be fun. Unlocking a new expansion every 6mo-1yr. would be cool. But what I've heard about the time-locked server is for EQ2 rather than EQ.

Rararboker
06-16-2015, 05:16 PM
There was like 15 threads about that server on these forums.

Sadre Spinegnawer
06-16-2015, 05:33 PM
All these threads get moved to off-topic. And there is much juicy infoz on the latest clusterfuck to be found there. Sure, you can run around on that server, but it does *not* have classic mechanics, many zones are not as they are on p99, it is on the way to just instancing everything, and anything that can be sold is perma-farmed.

But go to the off topic sub forum and have a read. Lots of threads there. Unless you want to be a boxxer roxxer, I cannot see the appeal at all.

Swish
06-16-2015, 05:54 PM
Just subscribe 6 times, roll 6 mages and win.

That's not paying to win... or is it?

jarshale
06-16-2015, 06:13 PM
Should I try the new progression sever? I've always wanted the clean slate experience, noobs running around in crap gear. I also hear it's gonna be not classic and people will box

I'm a little surprised I've heard nothing about it on these forums or server. Maybe everyone's too busy playing on it. Please let me know if I'm missing anything or if I should just keep looking forward to velious.

Do you enjoy 6 mage boxed hit squads running around blasting down content? If yes, go for it.

boggartp99
06-16-2015, 07:17 PM
Boxing makes the new server not really that fun and kinda runs the experience =( Even tho I haven't played there. I played on FIppy darkpaw and I hated having 1 person run my whole group except me

Clark
06-17-2015, 06:27 AM
All these threads get moved to off-topic. And there is much juicy infoz on the latest clusterfuck to be found there. Sure, you can run around on that server, but it does *not* have classic mechanics, many zones are not as they are on p99, it is on the way to just instancing everything, and anything that can be sold is perma-farmed.

But go to the off topic sub forum and have a read. Lots of threads there. Unless you want to be a boxxer roxxer, I cannot see the appeal at all.

webrunner5
06-17-2015, 09:33 AM
It has the new Graphics engine, and allows multi boxing. There is NO Oasis of Marr, and EC, WC is just one big zone, not counting other stupid things. Lots of them.

Ogre, Trolls are Luclin looking, so it is about as far from Classic as you can get I think. Plus you Have to pay to get it. End of story. :o Typical Live bull crap for the last 5 years or so. They have NO clue how to have a Classic Server. :eek:

jolanar
06-17-2015, 09:41 AM
It has the new Graphics engine, and allows multi boxing. There is NO Oasis of Marr, and EC, WC is just one big zone, not counting other stupid things. Lots of them.

Ogre, Trolls are Luclin looking, so it is about as far from Classic as you can get I think. Plus you Have to pay to get it. End of story. :o Typical Live bull crap for the last 5 years or so. They have NO clue how to have a Classic Server. :eek:

You can use classic models on live servers. It's in your personal settings.

tizznyres
06-17-2015, 04:03 PM

There's been fair amount of discussion about the Ragefire server on here. Just search the forums for "ragefire".

Based on your post, I doubt you will find what you are looking for there, but check people's opinions on this forum, and then read the Daybreak info. If it seems fun, and you don't mind boxing, minor RMT pay-to-win, and all the anti-classic changes the game launched with, go for it.

Secrets
06-17-2015, 04:11 PM
If this interests you, by all means:

http://i59.tinypic.com/33k4rrs.jpg

Hijiri
06-17-2015, 06:06 PM
Watch a single youtube vid . It will crush any desire to play on the progression servers

Razdeline
06-18-2015, 07:28 PM
I've been playing on it, it's not entirely too bad. Yeah you run into occasional 5 boxers, but most people are rolling solo.

The server is actually so packed they had to clone zones when they get too full. IMO this makes it more bearable and 'classic' as you don't have 200 people contesting lguk etc.

As Secrets posted above, the 'classic' schema for raiding just doesn't work there with today's tech and massive influx of players. Daybreak is working on a solution, as this server's population is through the roof and it is making the raid scene a congested, contested nightmare.

Mage armies took everything down the first week- 1.5 weeks. Same arguments happen there as they do here, GM's forced a solution here, daybreak is employing a solution there. Same game, same beast.

It's also important to note that this server is in no way trying to recreate a 'classic' experience. They are a 'progression' server. Zoning is extremely fast. You can use classic models and pets. Maps are only enabled in newb zones. Raid zones aren't instanced. XP in general seems to take a bit longer, although there are no hell levels. Some spells are different, as well as spell levels.

Razdeline
06-18-2015, 07:42 PM
Also, they don't have variance on Ragefire, raid mob deaths are actually broadcast server wide. People still sit on the spawn for 8 hours though. Goes to show variance is really pointless.

Cecily
06-18-2015, 07:56 PM

That looks realllllllyy familiar. Fuck Everquest lol.

Brut
06-18-2015, 08:21 PM

Not a single green patch at the back of their heads. All of them have failed face check and should reroll pronto.

webrunner5
06-19-2015, 07:04 AM
Not a single green patch at the back of their heads. All of them have failed face check and should reroll pronto.

Poor little Male Dark Elf among all those Ogres and Trolls. :eek:

Daldaen
06-19-2015, 07:06 AM
Poor little Male Dark Elf among all those Ogres and Trolls. :eek:

More concerning thing is people actually Roled monks before Iksars were available.

milsorgen
08-06-2015, 07:54 PM

100%, hands down the single greatest EQ experiance one can have.

Fiyero
08-06-2015, 11:01 PM
I'm in the top guild on Lockjaw. It started off fun, but they recently allowed transfers between Ragefire and Lockjaw and most people flocked to Lockjaw, bringing Ragefire's issues to it. Lockjaw was the much better server before transfers. Now there is also apparently plat duping on the servers which has caused prices/kronos to skyrocket due to an influx of millions of plat...

Yay?

Swish
08-06-2015, 11:11 PM
I'm in the top guild on Lockjaw. It started off fun, but they recently allowed transfers between Ragefire and Lockjaw and most people flocked to Lockjaw, bringing Ragefire's issues to it. Lockjaw was the much better server before transfers. Now there is also apparently plat duping on the servers which has caused prices/kronos to skyrocket due to an influx of millions of plat...

Yay?

Sounds horrible yet predictable of SOE/Daybreak and the live environment.

Hijiri
08-07-2015, 12:16 AM
You mean the Plat dupING on their first TLP server is on these?111!1!1!1!

Shocked I tells ya, shocked

Sadre Spinegnawer
08-07-2015, 12:53 AM
They don't care. As long as they get subs, they don't care if you are RMT'ing heroin to the widows of 9/11.

Why? They don't give a fuck whether or not jet fuel can melt steel beams, just give them dollars.

Mandalore93
08-07-2015, 02:39 AM
Man if plat duping is the culprit then it's really, really mild. I was surprised that Krono prices held as steady as they did for so long to be fair. 5k is still nothing when you're level 50.

The real problem is that there is just a lot less kronos going around now that the server has matured and most peoples' mains are 40+ even if you were super casual. Plat is flooding the server and it's normal.

captnamazing
08-07-2015, 03:08 AM
sadly p99 is the best you're gonna get. the server here is actually incredible (thanks staff, devs, rogean, etc), but players can sometimes be autistic

mccraw5
08-07-2015, 08:25 AM
Yes, you should try. The quest for the perfect utopian everquest server is in it's 16th year, and has yet to be found. P99 is an awesome server and provides the closest facsimile to classic everquest available today. TLP servers provide a much less classic looking, but still old world type environment with an opportunity to continue past Velious and do some content as far as you want to go. I play on both. When I want a shot of nostalgia I'll log on and do some fun Velious. I'm there because I quit in 2005 and I want to see a lot of the later expansions with people in them. Lockjaw is still on a 6 month locked timer before voting and Ragefire is opening Kunark a little sooner. Ragefire's future path has yet to be determined, so keep that in mind if you give either a try. All it will cost you is $15 and if you hate it you can always uninstall and log right back on here. I plan on enjoying both P99 and TLP as each have something different to offer.

wycca
08-07-2015, 01:46 PM

Yay?

Actually, alot of complainers flocked to LJ. They complained about how "toxic" Ragefire is, they go to LJ, and now the xfers and LJ natives are complaining.

Simple truth is, stick a buncha ppl on a server, it's going to be a shit-fest. Except for Apok, Ragefire is quite nice now that you got all the whiners. Much less QQing going - just people playing the game.

DeadlyReza
08-07-2015, 05:48 PM

It's not a classic server, it's a time locked progression server

Fiyero
08-07-2015, 09:17 PM
Actually, alot of complainers flocked to LJ. They complained about how "toxic" Ragefire is, they go to LJ, and now the xfers and LJ natives are complaining.

Simple truth is, stick a buncha ppl on a server, it's going to be a shit-fest. Except for Apok, Ragefire is quite nice now that you got all the whiners. Much less QQing going - just people playing the game.

To be fair, you guys were a large issue people had with Ragefire :p The Lockjaw raid scene is and always was better than Ragefire's. You guys just have a much smaller population now, so less people care about TL's antics.

pharmakos
08-07-2015, 09:44 PM
i tried Lockjaw for awhile. it.... honestly sucked. and i played before the transfers from Ragefire fucked things up.

Hijiri
08-07-2015, 11:08 PM
They don't care. As long as they get subs, they don't care if you are RMT'ing heroin to the widows of 9/11.

Why? They don't give a fuck whether or not jet fuel can melt steel beams, just give them dollars.

I lol'd. +1

It's not a classic server, it's a time locked progression server

ITS NOT A FUCKING TIME LOCKED PROGRESSION SERVER...... if you can buy a race change potion after you lvl up as a Halfling (for the bonus) to another race.

DeadlyReza
08-08-2015, 12:21 AM
ITS NOT A FUCKING TIME LOCKED PROGRESSION SERVER...... if you can buy a race change potion after you lvl up as a Halfling (for the bonus) to another race.

The are just using the old revamped zones, everything else is just live current with some tricks to turn certain loot tables and content off, thus time locked and then you progress to the continent or "expansion" if you want to call it that.

It is a big joke imo, but they don't say it's not a classic server, they let all us old players assume, then go try it out and rage quit, because that way they get a sub for 1-2 months...

So yes, it is time locked progression, but you are not progressing through time, the progression is locked by time I.e 6 months, but even that has been adhered to...

Long live Project 1999!

Shift
08-08-2015, 12:26 AM

Yay?

So was i you was in FTO The Faceless Order as well? oh gees that allowed the transfers nothing but bad news Steel Dragons, and Twisted Legacy Botting Gina, Fartaunt cheating bastards imo, FTO was Legit and is Legit.

Shift
08-08-2015, 12:51 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wlMq02vZWx0

I got my monk to lvl 50 in 2 1/2 days

The Faceless Order are hands down the best raid guild ever. I have not been with so dedicated they call themselves professionals it's their job and goal and something have passion for.

and yes they have killed the sleeper twice Both on 2 TLP Progression servers. and Lockjaw will be the third. they destroy everything and the first to kill it legit on each expansion.

webrunner5
08-08-2015, 08:23 AM
Is this really a Thread, really!! :D

Swish
08-08-2015, 09:16 AM
I got my monk to lvl 50 in 2 1/2 days

http://i.imgur.com/wnxdIkP.gif

http://i.imgur.com/spBZKhz.gif

Shift
08-08-2015, 10:00 AM
http://i.imgur.com/wnxdIkP.gif

http://i.imgur.com/spBZKhz.gif

here is the video of them taken down the sleeper

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dG-hrGGoMPc

Shift
08-08-2015, 10:03 AM
here is the video of them taken down the sleeper

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dG-hrGGoMPc

sleeper spawns

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P7xJgUDDYjI

DeadlyReza
08-08-2015, 07:45 PM
sleeper spawns

It's quite crazy that the mob that was meant to be in killable is now possible, it shows how out of control the game has become... quite silly really, but that was pretty epic to watch

Swish
08-08-2015, 08:12 PM
sleeper spawns

http://imageupload.co.uk/images/2015/08/09/Untitled.png

https://videovortex.files.wordpress.com/2014/11/dark-helmet-disgusted-o.gif