PDA

View Full Version : Words in sent tells getting eaten again.

Thulghor
06-19-2015, 02:59 PM
I am not sure if this is a bug or an issue with my client. Feels like a bug though.

Not to necromancy my old report, detailed here:

http://www.project1999.com/forums/showthread.php?t=16752

Well, technically not a report, but still. After the last server restart (June 15th?), this started happening again. Hasn't been an issue in years. Yet fairly often now, the tells I send are being clipped. Like I'll say "Gee, what a nice day today!" and it will be "Gee, what day today!" or something like that.

I've tested my network for packet loss, and I've gone through and tested my client files. No problems. Incoming tells, and everything else seems fine, including party chat, say, and all other communications. Just tells are affected by this.

I don't think it has anything to do with my chat window size. I've tried it on a 1680x1050 monitor, a 1600x1200 monitor, and a 2560x1440 monitor, with varying chat windows. It's hard to test for, since it's very random (like, maybe two or three times in an hour, unless I'm being really chatty). I've tried tells with ' ' quotations, and " " quotations, and it doesn't seem to matter.

worch
06-19-2015, 03:45 PM
FWIW, I have seen dropped words in messages (not only tells), and it seems related to the chat window size. If I resize the chat window, the missing words reappear.

I've also noticed that certain messages are mangled when they contain certain things such as URLs. It appears that the mangling occurs on the client-side because the same message broadcasted to an entire group/guild will appear fine to some, but mangled to others.