PDA

View Full Version : Attack just stops working? Anyone else?

VincentVolaju
06-19-2015, 10:49 PM
Anyone else have this problem where there melee account just stops working? I turn on melee attack, and get the "Attack On" message, but nothing else. The character doesn't attack, I dont get any messages like "too far away" etc. it just doesn't do anything. I've tried restarting the client, logging on different characters, nothing seems to fix it.

It used to happen every now and then, not very often. Last night however it started happening constantly when I was farming peggy cloak. I log on today, and its still happening. Tried attacking something in 3-4 diff zones, went into sol B, kobolds just beating on me and I cant hit them back.

Any idea wtf is going on or how to fix it?

Clark
06-20-2015, 04:02 AM
I get this on my 60 cleric from time to time. Usually can fix it with tab targeting self then tabbing back to target. Also can try unequip/equip. There's a reason for it that somebody told me like 6 months ago that I can't recall atm. I'll try to remember and post back if I do.

Thulghor
06-20-2015, 04:19 AM
Yeah, I get this too sometimes. Tab target, or just F1, then retargetting usually works.

Might be worth a bug report maybe.

ducktv
06-20-2015, 05:34 AM
Anyone else have this problem where there melee account just stops working? I turn on melee attack, and get the "Attack On" message, but nothing else. The character doesn't attack, I dont get any messages like "too far away" etc. it just doesn't do anything. I've tried restarting the client, logging on different characters, nothing seems to fix it.

It used to happen every now and then, not very often. Last night however it started happening constantly when I was farming peggy cloak. I log on today, and its still happening. Tried attacking something in 3-4 diff zones, went into sol B, kobolds just beating on me and I cant hit them back.

Any idea wtf is going on or how to fix it?

delete your character files. serious its the only way. you have corrupt character files and once you delete them in your everquest folder you'll be fine.

fastboy21
06-20-2015, 10:41 AM
its been happening to me more recently. i haven't been able to reliably recreate it, but it seems related to using a command to target something that I have already on target. (like re-assisting, or tab targeting after assisting).

To fix it I just turn off attack. Clear target. Target. Hit attack again. And it works.

Ravager
06-20-2015, 01:07 PM
This happens when you use a /target macro and then click on a new target without first clearing your target by hitting escape.

Happens to me when I use my hide macro to see if I'm hidden then click on a new target. Also, for casters, when this happens, the hp bar doesn't go down even when your nukes are landing, you have to clear and retarget to get the correct HP.

B4EQWASCOOL
06-20-2015, 01:57 PM
Your character is a conscientious objector. Reroll red IMO.

twincannon
06-20-2015, 05:39 PM
Happens on my druid only ironically, there seems to be no fix (certainly nothing as simple as F1/re-targeting as people above suggest), it's permanently bugged until I relog. No "you can't attack this target / out of range" error, nothing, just attack doesn't work. Strangest thing. Happens every so often.

Gumbo
06-20-2015, 06:02 PM
I usually turn attack off and back on if I notice my characters are missing alot. It seems to clear up the problem and I'll start getting hits.

Thulack
06-20-2015, 06:05 PM
I usually turn attack off and back on if I notice my characters are missing alot. It seems to clear up the problem and I'll start getting hits.

all in your head bud :)

Gumbo
06-20-2015, 09:33 PM
all in your head bud :)

Well, it works for me and makes me fight better... Let me have my hopes and dreams. :o

Thulghor
06-20-2015, 11:35 PM
So I guess the question should be is this how it is supposed to be? Or is this a bug that should be reported?

Grimjaw
06-21-2015, 12:46 AM
id get this problem all the time in TT. it wasnt based on anythng i did. it was something desynching between client and server. turning off auto attack and back on usually fixed it, for a few swings. seems to happen only in zones that are notorous for high ping (TT)