PDA

View Full Version : Kandin Firepot and Mistletoe Powder

Junias
06-21-2015, 12:17 PM
I'm curious if Kandin Firepot in Butcherblock is currently bugged or if I just messed something up. Looted some Mistletoe Powder on my Wiz so I can get the Staff of Gabstik, I went through the quest here (http://wiki.project1999.com/Wizard_Epic_Quest) to get faction, and then went to Kandin to turn in Message from Arantir and the Powder. He ate both without saying anything. :(

I am currently amiable to him, and he won't respond to hails or anything. Is this normal? Does he usually give some text response to a hail?

Madbad
06-21-2015, 12:21 PM
did you start start the wizard epic quest first?

Junias
06-21-2015, 12:35 PM
did you start start the wizard epic quest first?

Yes, I followed the wiki guide (talking to Solomen, buying the potion, returning to Halas 3 times, etc). Followed it exactly, got note from Arantir to give to Kandin and that's when he didn't respond or anything.

evilkorn
06-21-2015, 12:41 PM
See my post in the bug forum, I had an invis turn in fail on me.

Madbad
06-21-2015, 12:43 PM
hmm if you look at the wiki it says "this quest requires faction" under the part about the staff of gabstik.

My best guess, sitting here in my arm chair, is you needed better faction.
You can try petitioning it, sometimes GMs will restore messed up epic turn ins. I think the item restoration is at their discretion if the turn in was eaten due to bad faction and not a bug.

evilkorn
06-21-2015, 12:44 PM
Invis turn in worked fine in the past, indif is the only faction requirement.

Daldaen
06-21-2015, 01:03 PM
Invis turn in worked fine in the past, indif is the only faction requirement.

This.

Did the turnin with hide on my wizard, worked just fine (as is classic).

Junias
06-21-2015, 01:14 PM
Thanks for the feedback all.

Was definitely not invis, I screenshot all my big quest turn-ins for this exact reason and it shows no invis.

I've thought about the faction thing too, and I can't imagine that doing the quest exactly as designed wouldn't give you enough faction. In addition I did a few lesser spirit turn-ins to bump up faction a bit more, and I'm amiable to Kandin. Still doesn't respond, and that can't be right since all the guides say you just need indifferent.

My question is, should I expect a response when I hail? 99% of quest givers respond to a hail, even if it's something like "I dont have time for you". But Kandin is not responding at all, which makes me think his script may be bugged?

Tameth
06-21-2015, 01:19 PM
This.

Did the turnin with hide on my wizard, worked just fine (as is classic).

QFT. Daldaen red as fuck!

Junias
06-21-2015, 01:21 PM
And to clarify, I have petitioned for the items back. But have a feeling the quest is bugged and need to submit a bug report, but want to get others experiences before I submit a report.

Junias
06-21-2015, 01:33 PM
Sounds like may have been an issue with Kandin, but resolved now: https://www.project1999.com/forums/showthread.php?t=199223

Just gotta wait for reimbursement and I'm good. Thanks for the help all!