PDA

View Full Version : Feels like I am on dial up back in 1999

Pinolian
06-25-2015, 11:15 AM
what is with all of the zoning issues? I have 125 down and 30 up and I still have problems. I see others in my groups go LD while zoning too, so I know it is not just me. Friends in Dial a Port tell me the same thing about zoning; they have way too many people going LD while zoning compared to even 6 months ago.
What gives?

Swish
06-25-2015, 11:59 AM
Depends on the circumstances. People "plug" sometimes when they'd rather not have the hassle of trying to find a replacement for themselves after a train/partial wipe...see a lot of that in places like MM.

I guess I've been lucky, rarely crash while zoning... occasionally the client crashes but usually its when I do "/camp server" to get back to the login screen.

dafier
06-25-2015, 12:03 PM
I've been fortunate. Zoning sometimes takes 30 seconds to a minute (rare), but for the most part I am not having issues.

People might want to run some traces and see what's up. There are major changes in the cloud (routing) that no one EVER hears about because it's the major companies doing it.

mystang89
06-25-2015, 12:15 PM
They trying to make everything "classic", remember?

Vaen
06-25-2015, 12:25 PM
I remember going outside to smoke a cigarette while zoning. It could be worse. XD

myriverse
06-25-2015, 01:11 PM
Haven't noticed anything out of the ordinary.

Crawdad
06-25-2015, 02:14 PM
Happens to me too. EC and Gfay are the big culprits.. I probably crash/LD while zoning over 50% of the time.

Cecily
06-25-2015, 02:20 PM
Been crashing on zone very often recently.

twincannon
06-25-2015, 03:50 PM
Zoning seems quicker after the patch a couple weeks ago but I still get really nasty LDs during zoning sometime. Sometimes it's a "fake" LD where the zone takes longer than normal, and I go LD during it, but I finish and end up on the other side (with group dropped etc.).

Then sometimes I get really nasty ones where my screen just sits frozen for 2+ minutes at a time and eventually I get kicked back to login. I then can't log back in for another 5-10 minutes as if I try to log in too quickly/too often I get caught in some kind of login stuck loop. It's really strange.

I just changed over to a different computer as well so fresh install, new hardware etc., just my connection is the same which is fine for everything else. Only thing I can figure is some obscure routing issue? I know it happens to others on the forums but I also have some friends who claim it has never happened to them.

Jamespaul
06-25-2015, 04:49 PM
Yeah I have been getting an unreal amount of LD's when zoning. I know of others with the same issue. It seems to have started after the big server crash a few weeks ago. Sometimes I will zone and take several mins. I will even no longer be in the group when I get to the other side (without being disbanded) some very weird stuff. Taking close to 7 mins to zone .. on a spec'd computer. Something is up.

How do we fix this?

Pinolian
06-25-2015, 04:52 PM
It happens far too often where I hang on the splash screen that is shown when zoning and get kicked to login after a few minutes of hoping I actually made it.

Pinolian
06-25-2015, 04:54 PM
It might be coincidence but I think it seemed to have started after the big server crash too. But then again, that may be just wishful thinking to associate it's starting with a certain event in time

Man0warr
06-25-2015, 04:56 PM
Only place I crash while zoning is Sky.

Skew
06-25-2015, 06:02 PM
This is the ideal excuse to take the server down on a Friday evening for maintenance.
Please Rogean :)

jarshale
06-25-2015, 06:31 PM
it's classic

Clark
06-25-2015, 07:13 PM
I've been crashing when camping from one character to another nearly everytime. Hope we get this shit fixed never used to be this bad.

DarkwingDuck
06-26-2015, 12:43 AM
what is with all of the zoning issues? I have 125 down and 30 up and I still have problems. I see others in my groups go LD while zoning too, so I know it is not just me. Friends in Dial a Port tell me the same thing about zoning; they have way too many people going LD while zoning compared to even 6 months ago.
What gives?

I've literally never LD'd on p99.
And zone fast... Broadband 50...

Ravager
06-26-2015, 07:46 AM
The devs might want to set up a VNC with someone who has these problems consistently some time so that they can see it in action and make a guess at what the problem is.

Pinolian
07-07-2015, 10:19 AM
This is still happening. I use Comcast and it appears that others using Comcast are having similar issues

Once I got on a VPN, this problem magically went away, This was also confirmed by others. Getting a VPN fixed it

This is definitely a issue that is wide spread.

kate79
07-07-2015, 10:52 AM
I haven't crashed zoning since I turned off the loading art. I haven't had any slowness zoning but it definitely seems to be pretty widespread.

dafier
07-07-2015, 11:05 AM
The devs might want to set up a VNC with someone who has these problems consistently some time so that they can see it in action and make a guess at what the problem is.

VNC is KNOWN for it's MAJOR vulnerabilities. Also, there are logs they can comb through, or someone can create an app that does a memory dump in which might help.

Ashur
07-07-2015, 12:02 PM
This is still happening. I use Comcast and it appears that others using Comcast are having similar issues

Once I got on a VPN, this problem magically went away, This was also confirmed by others. Getting a VPN fixed it

This is definitely a issue that is wide spread.

I have comcast too and am having the same issues with EC mostly. I haven't tried a vpn yet.

Pinolian
07-07-2015, 05:02 PM
a dev response

http://www.project1999.com/forums/showthread.php?t=201530

Troof
07-07-2015, 05:53 PM
It has been pretty rough for a lot of people. There are posts on tech forums, its a bigger issue beyond the p99 fix. Rogean has a post about it there.

Troof
07-07-2015, 06:20 PM
Good luck to everyone playing everquest