PDA

View Full Version : Questions about the future.

Sajuuk
06-26-2015, 01:14 PM
Hello fellow Norrathains,

First off, I'm sorry if this has been asked but for some reason the search tool does not work for me. When I hit enter it just clears what I typed and doesnt do anything...

So my question is. Is there a chance that p99 will introduce another server starting from the beginning? I see endless wipe it clean post which always seems to lead to the discussion that this server wont get a wipe which is fine and dandy. But for me and I'm sure other people, I feel like I am the only one without a 50+ main. For the most part Im always the under geared. It would be nice again to start from scratch with people.

I know velious comes before all and there are going to be months to even years to get velious polished as well as other things related to p99. Im down for the wait. But have any GMs hinted at another server from scratch after velious and p99 gets majority of things right?

I atill have a blast being a noob and playing the game it was intended. Just feel like Im swamped with endless twink alts. But hey it's classic right!?!?

Gimp
06-26-2015, 01:32 PM
After Velious is out a while, they're going to open another server with more "classic" release dates on Kunark and Velious.

Kevris
06-26-2015, 01:35 PM
They have said that post-Velious they may release a "fresh" server that follows the original time-line, then potentially merge said server in with '99 Blue.

For now, just enjoy the game. You'll see griping on the forums about people not having fun and very little about the people having fun simply because the people having fun aren't going to stop doing so to come post on the forums.

With 1300+ people on, and maybe 3 posts a day about bards or power-level groups, you have to assume that's a good ratio of happy to butthurt.

I atill have a blast being a noob and playing the game it was intended. Just feel like Im swamped with endless twink alts. But hey it's classic right!?!?

It actually is pretty classic. Just be glad you're not on a PVP server circa 2000. You think a level 20 epic'ed rogue is tough on '99 red? Try dealing with a de-leveled character prior to the skills nerf. That was absolute brutality.

twincannon
06-26-2015, 03:14 PM
That was absolute brutality.

I imagine it went something like this https://youtu.be/dj2GlG-EOnA?t=14

blondeattk
06-26-2015, 06:28 PM
summary of future planning.....best put in poem form:

DULCE ET DECORUM EST(1)

Bent double, like old beggars under sacks,
Knock-kneed, coughing like hags, we cursed through sludge,
Till on the haunting flares(2) we turned our backs
And towards our distant rest(3) began to trudge.
Men marched asleep. Many had lost their boots
But limped on, blood-shod. All went lame; all blind;
Drunk with fatigue; deaf even to the hoots(4)
Of tired, outstripped(5) Five-Nines(6) that dropped behind.
Gas!(7) Gas! Quick, boys! – An ecstasy of fumbling,
Fitting the clumsy helmets(8) just in time;
But someone still was yelling out and stumbling,
And flound'ring like a man in fire or lime(9) . . .
Dim, through the misty panes(10) and thick green light,
As under a green sea, I saw him drowning.
In all my dreams, before my helpless sight,
He plunges at me, guttering,(11) choking, drowning.
If in some smothering dreams you too could pace
Behind the wagon that we flung him in,
And watch the white eyes writhing in his face,
His hanging face, like a devil's sick of sin;
If you could hear, at every jolt, the blood
Come gargling from the froth-corrupted lungs,
Obscene as cancer, bitter as the cud(12)
Of vile, incurable sores on innocent tongues,
My friend, you would not tell with such high zest(13)
To children ardent(14) for some desperate glory,
The old Lie; Dulce et Decorum est
Pro patria mori.(15)

Wilfred Owen

meaning....lerching from one disaster to another with no clear goals or vision.

indiscriminate_hater
06-26-2015, 06:33 PM
clean it wipe

Ravager
06-26-2015, 07:21 PM
http://images2.fanpop.com/images/photos/8500000/Adrian-Monk-monk-8541072-377-382.jpg

Madbad
06-26-2015, 07:26 PM
Red has more of a fresh, wild west, feel to it than blue does. Try it out if you have thick skin, it's really not as bad as many would have you think.

Not saying you won't run into a bunch of twinks on red.

Tenlaar
06-26-2015, 07:33 PM
it's really not as bad as many would have you think.

It totally is though.

Madbad
06-26-2015, 07:34 PM
It totally is though.

In a good way.

jarshale
06-26-2015, 08:02 PM
Do you plan on joining one of the top 1-2 raiding guilds after the server wipe? Because if not you will be locked out of the same content you are now anyway.

Swish
06-26-2015, 08:09 PM
but... but... I can farm 100 manastones and store them to sell for massive plat in 2018? then I can go to Freeport bank and see how rich I am in elf sim. Come on, stop denying me this :(

Swish
06-26-2015, 08:14 PM
and my cat can farm a guise of the deceiver while I'm doing that on my...err.. his laptop.

he loves watching the tunnel auctions

Sajuuk
06-27-2015, 01:25 PM
I have a couple toons on red. I know I will never have high end items because of a wipe or new server. I joined p99 basically when the velious weekend beta happened. So alot of you folks have been exploring the old world and kunark for years. Just wanted to experience playing before kunark.

Not saying I'm not enjoying my experience on p99. Really glad I found this server. Looks like there is a chance in far future which means I have another thing to look forward to while leveling with the folks here.

Madbad
06-27-2015, 01:30 PM
I personally would love the opportunity to play a populated vanilla R99 server.