PDA

View Full Version : it's not the same

Revelation
06-29-2015, 01:39 PM
I just got into this again (first time was eq original 1999 never touched kunark).. I rolled a high elf enchanter and both high elf and wood elf cities are empty minus a few (1 or 2?) People in it. Granted the population will be much lower than it was back then but what I loved about eq was all the people everywhere all over kelethin running from orcs and grouping up finding different strategies to try again. is the newbie population low or am I doing something wrong? Kelethin is empty.. should I move to freeport or where? I'm only level 2. And if so.. how? There's nobody here :(

fiveeauxfour
06-29-2015, 01:42 PM
I always found Kelethin, gfay, and crushbone to be populated noobie zones. Obviously nothing like East Commonlands as a noobie zone, but still populated at least 20+ nonetheless.

Guzum
06-29-2015, 01:42 PM
Sounds like you're on the red (pvp) server and not the blue (pve) server. Pretty sure Gfay rarely drops below 20 people on blue.

Revelation
06-29-2015, 02:03 PM
Sounds like you're on the red (pvp) server and not the blue (pve) server. Pretty sure Gfay rarely drops below 20 people on blue.

I'm actually on the blue server but maybe its because of the time I play (6 AM Est) I figure people are sleeping or out working.. I work night shift security so it might be the cause for not finding anyone. With that said, is there another zone I should head to in hopes of finding more people with my play schedule? Thanks in advance

Agecroft
06-29-2015, 02:07 PM
Try anywhere from 3PM to 12AM EST and it's jampacked.

Revelation
06-29-2015, 02:15 PM

Thx bro good to know

Pinolian
06-29-2015, 02:16 PM
The population is ~ 700 at that time 6am eastern. Prime time it's closer to ~ 1600 sometimes
Its definitely the time you are forced to play.

Revelation
06-29-2015, 02:22 PM
The population is ~ 700 at that time 6am eastern. Prime time it's closer to ~ 1600 sometimes

Yeah man but sadly I need to sleep while the server is booming because of my work schedule. I'll just have to play with some insomniacs or EU players lol! Thx for the info though :)

Clark
06-29-2015, 02:54 PM

Clark
06-29-2015, 02:54 PM

loramin
06-29-2015, 03:01 PM
I'm actually on the blue server but maybe its because of the time I play (6 AM Est) I figure people are sleeping or out working.. I work night shift security so it might be the cause for not finding anyone. With that said, is there another zone I should head to in hopes of finding more people with my play schedule? Thanks in advance

I'd stick to the "happy path" of popular grouping zones like East Commons, Oasis, Unrest, Mistmoore, Lake of Ill Omen, Dreadlands, City of Mist, Karnor's, etc. These zones tend to be overcrowded at normal times, but I'd imagine they have a decent amount of people even at off times. But then again, I normally would put Crushbone on that list, so your luck may vary

Also I'd recommend learning the zone abbreviations (http://articles.eqresource.com/zonelist.php) for zones you'd like to do. That way you can check if anyone is in Crushbone just by doing "/ crushbone all", without having to run there and then be disappointed.

webrunner5
06-30-2015, 10:17 AM
I'd stick to the "happy path" of popular grouping zones like East Commons, Oasis, Unrest, Mistmoore, Lake of Ill Omen, Dreadlands, City of Mist, Karnor's, etc. These zones tend to be overcrowded at normal times, but I'd imagine they have a decent amount of people even at off times. But then again, I normally would put Crushbone on that list, so your luck may vary

Also I'd recommend learning the zone abbreviations (http://articles.eqresource.com/zonelist.php) for zones you'd like to do. That way you can check if anyone is in Crushbone just by doing "/ crushbone all", without having to run there and then be disappointed.

Great post. :cool: Yeah OP is playing in the wrong zone at the wrong time sad to say. EC and the Tunnel is where to go early to get groups in Orc camps, and uber buffs to Solo. :)
Or just play a damned good solo class like a Necro, Mage, Enchanter, Bard.

wormed
06-30-2015, 10:22 AM
I'm playing at 6AM EST on a weekday, why isn't there anyone playing?

... is that seriously what OP just asked?

ghost182
06-30-2015, 10:08 PM
I'm playing at 6AM EST on a weekday, why isn't there anyone playing?

... is that seriously what OP just asked?

I lol'd...

fadetree
07-01-2015, 09:18 AM
I heard a crazy thing; 6 AM EST is not 6 AM everywhere in the world. weird but true.

Randy
07-01-2015, 09:32 AM
is the newbie population low or am I doing something wrong?

The newbie population is kind of low because the path from 1 to 50 is way shorter than the path from 50 to 60. Even with the higher population, I think there are a chunk of casual players who are crawling through 50s cause of the time sync at that point. (myself included) Kunark has been around for 4+? years now and while new people join if you put in any effort at first you get through those level relatively quick.

Under 50 you're stuck on basically the path "happy path" above unless you have time to recruit people to join you. Each 5 level gap or so has like 1 zone for easy/quick pickup groups until the 50s

Jimjam
07-01-2015, 09:48 AM
I heard a crazy thing; 6 AM EST is not 6 AM everywhere in the world. weird but true.

It always seemed to me the vast majority of EQ players are in the US though.

Omni has players on at the times the OP mentioned though.

deadreaver777
07-01-2015, 02:38 PM
I am in the exact same scenario as you. I work a night time position and am usually on around 6 AM EST. I've been playing for a little over a month, and during that time frame, I think I've been lucky enough to stumble upon a group once or twice. I play a rogue, so I'm not the most sought out class, so it's possible if you play a highly sought after class like a cleric or tank, it may be a bit easier. However, on my days off, when I am able to play during the late evening hours, I have been able to find groups fairly easy.

Unfortunately, that's just the way the cookie crumbles. It's an emulated server, that has you jump through a few hoops just get to going, and revolves around a game that's over 15 years old, so you can't expect a World of Warcraft type population, especially in the odd hours. You can always roll a solo class, but being that you are complaining about the lack of people, something tells me you don't want to work alone, which is the same for me, which is why I play a rogue.

dafier
07-01-2015, 02:41 PM

And out of that 700, 690 are in EC. :eek: