PDA

View Full Version : out of the way money camps?

Jjlent
06-30-2015, 08:59 AM
Hey I just came back and I was wondering what are some out of the way, hardly camped, places to get some loot or pp? It doesn't have to be big money, just looking to have some fun and make a little pp, for either a 60 monk or 60 necro. Thanks

Swish
06-30-2015, 09:23 AM
So many people are plat mad now, inflation going to be crazy come Velious... if its worth doing, it's probably already camped :(

Maybe some of the quieter guard camps? Felwithe (fear kite with necro), Kelethin (better to root rot, although a monk could probably take them out quite quickly), Kaladim, Neriak....

Never tried Ak'Anon, would be interested to see how viable that is.

Tiewon Shu
06-30-2015, 09:26 AM
Might want to try the guards in Misty Thicket along the wall. They drop spears that sell for 10pp and shields that sell for 1.5 pp

Lojik
06-30-2015, 09:28 AM
Mermaids in kedge drop decent vendor loot. Named mermaid even drops a good MR mask for monks if you don't have it yet. Usually open camp

Pipip
06-30-2015, 09:45 AM
Mermaids in kedge drop decent vendor loot. Named mermaid even drops a good MR mask for monks if you don't have it yet. Usually open camp

Do people actually camp the named mermaid? My ranger needs the quest drop from her to upgrade my Trueshot to Raincaller. I was wondering how I was going to convince a group to go to Kedge...

On the money topic, if there are any money camps that are hardly ever camped, I'm sure those folks are not in a hurry to give that info up. Otherwise they won't be hardly ever camped anymore :D

Jjlent
06-30-2015, 09:52 AM
Yea I used to live in kk on my monk n necro, pretty much have every item on him except pd robe, do HH helms n shark hammers sell decent anymore?

Swish
06-30-2015, 09:55 AM
On the money topic, if there are any money camps that are hardly ever camped, I'm sure those folks are not in a hurry to give that info up. Otherwise they won't be hardly ever camped anymore :D

I mentioned Paineel guards a few years back, that was a mistake :p ...often camped now.

Connecticut
06-30-2015, 10:55 AM
Clearcut sola trash!
level 25-35 goblins, fine steel galore, 5p-15p-50p clay blocks rain from the sky, some named around (molten cloak and impskin gloves come to mind) Vendor in zone (and 1 right outside if you ruined your gnome faction)

fiveeauxfour
06-30-2015, 12:16 PM

This

Lojik
06-30-2015, 12:57 PM
You could probably sell loot rights to that mask for a few k. Vendor drops are a tier under seafuries and not stackable. The mermaids are kind of a bitch and kedge itself is a pita, but for several 60 classes they're easy loot for the effort. Pet pathing down there is really wonky so beware. I actually don't know much about the other camps there and if they're worth the effort. Cool thing about kedge is you can mention it all the time and people still avoid it.

B4EQWASCOOL
06-30-2015, 01:17 PM
On red, nobody camps the glowing black stone. Ever.

Swish
06-30-2015, 01:20 PM
thats a good point

Donruss
06-30-2015, 01:21 PM
Do people actually camp the named mermaid? My ranger needs the quest drop from her to upgrade my Trueshot to Raincaller. I was wondering how I was going to convince a group to go :D

The golden haired mermaid does not spawn with the other mermaids.

B4EQWASCOOL
06-30-2015, 01:22 PM
The golden haired mermaid does not spawn with the other mermaids.

What a stuck up bitch!

Champion_Standing
06-30-2015, 02:34 PM
If it's not popular it probably isn't worth doing. Server confirmed bloated fat and overpopulated.

Pyrocat
06-30-2015, 08:11 PM
Droga trash mobs drop FS+gems+goblin forged chainmail pieces that sells for 15-35p a pop to vendors. The farther towards chief you go, the better the chainmail drops. Good to do if you can't get chief/bg/ss camps but still want to make the trip to droga worth it.

ryachart
06-30-2015, 08:13 PM
So many people are plat mad now, inflation going to be crazy come Velious... if its worth doing, it's probably already camped :(

Are there any good plat sinks in velious? Isn't the amount of platinum on the server just insanely high right now?

What good is plat anyway? Just spells?

indiscriminate_hater
06-30-2015, 08:44 PM
Are there any good plat sinks in velious? Isn't the amount of platinum on the server just insanely high right now?

http://giphy.com/gifs/pool-diving-dive-13yNFN1TlNCjC0

^ ugh link fail

Grimjaw
06-30-2015, 09:02 PM
wisps on kerra isle in eruds crossing

Rararboker
06-30-2015, 09:14 PM

Whaa...?

Plat buys items/spells/PL's/etc. It is the currency on this game.

jarshale
06-30-2015, 09:35 PM
Whaa...?

Plat buys items/spells/PL's/etc. It is the currency on this game.

Plat sink. A way to remove plat from the system. I think that's what he meant anyway.

fastboy21
06-30-2015, 10:00 PM
The biggest plat sink on the server is alts...as long as folks keep playing and twinking alts then the tide doesn't flood us over.

Lionsfan616
07-01-2015, 12:07 AM
The biggest plat sink on the server is alts...as long as folks keep playing and twinking alts then the tide doesn't flood us over.

Thats not really a sink though since the money never gets removed from the game, it only changes hands. The only real sink that I can think of is buying spells, but even that isn't enough to remove the massive amounts of plat after 6 years. The other obvious ones would be crafting because of fails, but hardly anyone does that, and food/water (lol).

jpetrick
07-01-2015, 12:12 AM
Only real plat sink is recharging items.

Troxx
07-01-2015, 12:25 AM
Thats not really a sink though since the money never gets removed from the game, it only changes hands. The only real sink that I can think of is buying spells, but even that isn't enough to remove the massive amounts of plat after 6 years. The other obvious ones would be crafting because of fails, but hardly anyone does that, and food/water (lol).

Potions.

Every potion made and consumed is plat removed from available circulation.

Lojik
07-01-2015, 12:38 AM
Peridots

cormag
07-01-2015, 01:54 AM
Theres a level 30 druid right inside Surefall Glade who is a 6 minute spawn and drops a 16p staff everytime. I've never seen anyone there except me

Kagey
07-01-2015, 02:32 AM
only plat sink I can think of is RMT.. then Banned.

Donruss
07-01-2015, 05:10 AM
Only real plat sink is recharging items.

Don't raiding guilds take a small fortune out of circulation every month recharging?

Serious queation, what do the top guilds spend recharging things a month?

Champion_Standing
07-01-2015, 07:18 AM
Theres a level 30 druid right inside Surefall Glade who is a 6 minute spawn and drops a 16p staff everytime. I've never seen anyone there except me

That's about to change

icedwards
07-01-2015, 08:21 AM
Don't raiding guilds take a small fortune out of circulation every month recharging?

Serious queation, what do the top guilds spend recharging things a month?

Leatherfoot Raider Skullcaps (WC caps), poison cure clickies and Midnight Mallets (not to mention consumables for porting to Hate and Sky, coffins for summoning corpses, etc).

It's also a small fortune gearing up to join a raiding guild - an OT hammer, MR and PR gear isn't much compared to a fungi, but if it's your first character breaking into raiding scene you'll need to bankroll all of the items listed above.

blondeattk
07-02-2015, 03:50 AM
I never buy the myth that a server is overloaded with plat.

At the high end tradeable items are less useful, except very rare stuff like mana stone etc.

Cant see any problem on p99 imo.

Donruss
07-02-2015, 04:14 AM
How much do these recharges and consumables add up to for a top tier raiding guild do you figure?

Llodd
07-02-2015, 04:23 AM
Depends on who you ask. Some guilds claimed they needed to sell loot rights on VP/sky/whatever gear to keep up with all that plat they needed to spend on running their guild. But then you have guilds not selling loot rights on anything doing similar content minus VP coping quite easily.

It all makes perfect sense.