PDA

View Full Version : Timeline for Velious conquest

Sorkail
07-01-2015, 11:26 AM
Will max-Kunark geared guilds be able to run straight to NToV and clear the house? Kael?

How long will it take this server to key a guild up to start farming ST?

I'm sure it'll be pretty quick for all these things, just wondering if anyone had a guess of first day, first week, etc

Itap
07-01-2015, 11:33 AM
I can't give an exact timeline, but there are hundreds of well geared 60's ready to roll when Velious drops. That's not including the many well geared 60's who have been on a break waiting for Velious to drop.

Add to the fact that many people have actually planned their vacation time around the Velious launch, and you may have your answer.

Ele
07-01-2015, 01:25 PM
For a recent (2011) Velious release reference, Fippy Darkpaw completed Velious (minus Sleeper's Tomb) within 6 hours of release. Granted, they had MQ exploits galore, OP mage pets and monks, out of timeline spell/damage tables, revamp Hate/Fear loot, OP harmtouch and armies of SK. Yelinak and Zlandicar were not spawning properly so they were not part of the initial takedown. The Sleeper was released 21 days after Velious opened up.

http://web.archive.org/web/20111008110006/http://www.fippydarkpaw.com/news/show/498730

On P99, it all depends on on the implementation of Donal's BP and zone stability. 200-400+ people in Kael trying to kill Vindi, Statue, Tormax on opening night is going to be a shit show of lag and training.

Nearly every fight in Velious is a tank and spank or the AE can be avoided via line of sight. Most of the content simply requires DPS to know what they are doing and remove themselves from the fight before the AE goes off or keep themselves healed appropriately. If the fight requires being hit by the AE, then players are already in good enough resist gear with buffs since the cap is now 255. People already have large amounts of self heal clickies between Soulfires, Reapers, and Worts. Players have had 5 years to stock pile Prayer's of Life for healing AE damage, how many of those are still on active accounts is highly questionable.

If released with the original version of Donal's BP (20 second CH), then anything can die as long as the main tank doesn't die within one round of attack/AE and you can corner block the AE. Even the 30 second cast time version will result in the same situation, just need 50% more clerics to achieve the same rotation.

If released in the current state it exists on beta with a 30 second cast time and buff that prevents another cast from landing for 7.5 minutes, then it will come down to proper CH chain maintenance, which nearly all encounters in Classic/Kunark do not require. If guilds didn't practice on Beta, then there will be a learning curve for those guilds.

As for Sleeper's Tomb, you can start farming the primal golems and yard trash with 10-12 players. You can kill the warders with ~24 players. It would be possible to do it with fewer, if we had a classic version of buff/AE stacking, which was considered an exploit by the SoE devs when they disbanded Conquest back in the day.

In early Velious, there are 5-10 ST keys available each week based on the spawns, then it drops down to ~5-6 a week a few months into. Depending on the top tier guilds acquisition of ST keys and willingness to work together (if it is even needed), Primal weapons will be farmed by the end of week 2, week 3 at the latest.

Lodizal and Stormfeather will be FTE races the moment of release and sockfests indefinitely.

thewrush
07-01-2015, 05:42 PM
That's a lot of unemployed people striving for what exactly? Bragging rights to an age old MMO. People need to get a life FFS...

Korain
07-01-2015, 05:48 PM
That's a lot of unemployed people striving for what exactly? Bragging rights to an age old MMO. People need to get a life FFS...

You're clearly new here, so let me welcome you to the internet....

Oleris
07-01-2015, 05:55 PM
depends how many people can fit on the boat to iceclad.

Pyrocat
07-01-2015, 06:05 PM

Ogres/trolls PVE new meta

gkmarino
07-01-2015, 07:27 PM
I really wish that the Warders would continue to drop Primal after the Sleeper was awoken :(

Oleris
07-01-2015, 07:35 PM
Ogres/trolls PVE new meta

had this idea of creating a blockade of about 20-30 ogres to create a wall.... only allow guild mages in that can COTH people to the inner of the circle of the boat to get to velious. Sounds like a decent red tactic until a GM turns north ro into a FFA zone .

Ele
07-01-2015, 07:41 PM

Riding the boat is losing the lodi race.

Pint
07-01-2015, 07:44 PM
You can buy the iceclad portal in antonica

mr_jon3s
07-02-2015, 12:31 AM
You can buy the iceclad portal in antonica

I thought you had to pick something up at the ring before you could teleport.

blondeattk
07-02-2015, 03:58 AM
..thats great divide and beyong i think...dont recall having to que to pick up that tooth, for iceclad. Memory could be fuzzy on this tbh )

Think the wiki is correct on these ports, someone will nodoubt double chk.

Doors
07-02-2015, 05:20 AM
Lodizal and Stormfeather will be FTE races the moment of release and sockfests indefinitely.

Man I can't wait to read blue RNF threads in a month.