PDA

View Full Version : Warrior-Questions

Fettsack
07-02-2015, 04:06 AM
Hello there fellow tanks,

just a short question: I screwed up my char generation -was reading the suggested starting stats for oger warriors to late. I did not put one point into DEX! Now I am level 13 and really dont want to start from scratch again.

Does those suggested 25 points into DEX make a REAL BIG IMPACT in the endgame?

Just curious and a bit frustrated.

Yours,
Fettsack

webrunner5
07-02-2015, 04:45 AM
I would assume that you made a Ogre Warrior asking that question?? And yes it would have helped to have put some into Dex. Ogre has a lot of str, sta to start with so the Dex would help for weapon procs. Though not sure I would put all 25 into it.

Dex is not a really easy stat to raise on here for a Warrior. Most dex items I have seen for them have very little AC on them. If you did not put any into the Warrior I would maybe start over at "only" 13 if you are really thinking of the min max thing. Otherwise I would not loose much sleep about it. :p

Fettsack
07-02-2015, 04:52 AM
Well thanks for the answer! So it is all about the later weapon proc. :-/ well I will sleep over it once more.

Thiefboy777
07-02-2015, 07:19 AM
Don't even worry about it, groups expect Warriors to only have agro like 50% of the time.

They agro raid mobs with clickys, so doesn't matter for raid Wars either.

Just tell your group you have like 200 dex and the rng is screwing you if they bitch about agro.

Monty405
07-02-2015, 07:30 AM
Re-roll gnome, master race.

Fettsack
07-02-2015, 07:33 AM
Not an option. Stomped on to many already.

Fettsack
07-02-2015, 08:55 AM
Thiefboy: I take my job as tank (and taunter) serious. :) guess I will do a reroll...

Jimjam
07-02-2015, 09:15 AM
Dex can't be relied on to secure aggro for many, many levels.

By the time you can get decent procs people should already have an understanding of how to mitigate the warrior class's lack of aggro (after all, they've had around 40 levels of practice)!

kaev
07-02-2015, 10:11 AM
Dex can't be relied on to secure aggro
ftfy

You could have a 255 dex and you'll still have weak agro control. Warriors simply cannot dictate agro for more than a few fights per play session, you just can't carry enough clickies with enough charges. Even at higher levels, with good agro procs and your dex buffed and your taunt working more often, you are still at the mercy of the RNG and you are easily out-agro'd by bad groupmates.

As a warrior you lack the tools to make up for bad play by your groupmates, but you can tank magnificently for a good group. Yes, you need to know the basics, like standing practically on top of a rooted mob and saving taunt to regain agro when you lose it. But the most useful form of agro control for a warrior long-term is to learn the game and the abilities of other classes well enough to identify good play by your groupmates, those are the people you want to seek out for future groups.

Jimjam
07-02-2015, 10:34 AM
Fixed that for me indeed!

Procs can be relied on when they happen, but they can't be relied on happening thanks to our friend/nemesis, Dex!

Raev
07-02-2015, 11:15 AM
As a warrior you lack the tools to make up for bad play by your groupmates, but you can tank magnificently for a good group.

Pretty much this.

Fettsack
07-03-2015, 03:32 AM
:D

Thanks for all the replies 'n explanation! So my tank will stay a DEX-crippled Oger with the hope for good groups. Got a lot of leveling to do till 60 and I am pretty sure I finde some good playing ppl on my way there.

15 RL years ago I had such a group - and an well equipped, max level oger tank. Don't remeber if he was missing DEX as well, but I never felt it, because my teammates where all some pro gamers knowing their classes well. :)