PDA

View Full Version : zone crashing

rmeyer114
01-11-2010, 03:00 AM
everytime i goto kithicor or runny eye my eq crashes any explanations? cant figure it out thanks

Dyne
01-11-2010, 11:19 AM
Hail!

Hmm... that's a tough one... is it only Kithicor and Runny Eye? You can go anywhere else? Did this also just start happening today?

Segoris
01-11-2010, 12:20 PM
I've been getting this as well, randomly. It's happened in Dagnor's, Innothule, Oasis, Sro, etc. There's no consistency to the crashing.

It's not even that the client crashes. The client hangs and doesn't zone for over 2 minutes at which point i close the client and reopen since it's faster then waiting for minutes at a time.

guineapig
01-11-2010, 02:52 PM
There were some lag issues last night I think, and I remember people crashing when zoning during the lag storm. Could this be related to those times?

Segoris
01-11-2010, 03:18 PM
I didn't notice any lag at all last night while playing, though I won't say that it's impossible they're related issues. I guess I'll find out tonight after work if that was the case.

Segoris
01-12-2010, 10:49 AM
As a followup, it still seemed random with the lag last night had. Sometimes it would crash when there wasn't noticeable lag, otherwise when it was very laggy crashing was almost certain.

Hopefully tonight is better.

Jmich
01-12-2010, 11:30 AM
happened to me few times today when zoning in Halas.

Jmich
01-16-2010, 09:21 AM
still having zoning problem.

it start loading but then nothing happens and programm doesnt respond. have to shut it down via task manager, and then i get error msg at login screen, have to wait for few minutes before i can get in again.

This doesnt happens everytime i zone, maybe like 1 time / 10 and it happens in various zones i tried, Halas/Permafrost/Blackburrow/Queynos hills.

any idea how to fix this ?

Tsuken
02-10-2010, 11:33 PM
what happens to me is, i zone and end up at the log in screen. then i log back in again, select server, select character, it starts loading, then I end up at the login screen again. And this just keeps repeating for a while, so I can't get back in.

President
02-10-2010, 11:52 PM
what happens to me is, i zone and end up at the log in screen. then i log back in again, select server, select character, it starts loading, then I end up at the login screen again. And this just keeps repeating for a while, so I can't get back in.

That seems to have something to do with the only allowing one IP per account. I tried to switch to my other account last night and got disconnected for about 10 minutes trying to log in (neither account would work at this point) and I just gave up and went to sleep.

Rael
02-11-2010, 06:10 AM
Had a couple CTDs whilst kiting in SK yesterday. Also had the 'hanging while zoning' issue the day before, from NK to SK.