PDA

View Full Version : Druid Twink Guide

DevGrousis
07-03-2015, 03:52 PM
Hey guys, I found very similar questions to my answer but everything was very fragmented, so excuse me if you've seen this before!

I have about 10-15k to twink a druid.. Can anyone help me with suggestions for each slot?

thanks!

Zweibierbitte
07-03-2015, 04:58 PM
Ears: forest loop, +3 JC
head: plat tiara, crown of leaves, chieftain's headress
face: plat ruby
chest: shroud of nature
neck: chrysoberyl talisman
back: kunzar cloak
arms: embroidered silk
belt: mutaliginous girdle(sp?), reed belt
shoulder: obulus death
wrist: runed mithril
legs: gatorscale
hand: splitpaw
boots: gebs
rings: plat fire, golem tear, +6 wis JC
wep: springwood club
offhand: book of obulus, SBS
range: medicine totem, small wisdom diety

This set can be had for as little as 12k~, and up to over 20k depending on which you choose per slot.

*edit: If you wanna go cheaper/more expensive, I can add some more selection.

Daldaen
07-03-2015, 05:22 PM
Skip Obulus Death Shroud. Get Braided Ivy Cord or Prayer Cloth of Tunare (save 2-3k)
Skip GEBs. (Save 3k)
Skip Reed/Mucilangous Belt. (Save 1k)
Skip Gatorscale Leggings. (Save 1k)

The difference between getting those slots and wearing just leather is extremely minimal until you're in your 50s.

Go for a cheaper starter set on Druid, and if you like it then consider sinking a little money into the character.

As I mention in this thread: http://www.project1999.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1934364&postcount=3

Consider buying a Goblin Gazughi Ring instead of the two most expensive items listed above. The clicky is invaluable if you intend on charm soloing 14-50~. (This is the fastest and most fun/challenging way to solo.)

SCB
07-03-2015, 06:46 PM
Agree with dald except on GEBs. Those are easy enough to come by relatively cheaply and won't be replaced - may as well buy em.

Skip the forest loops and just get wis earrings. Saves ya a couple hundred plat there.

You don't need a weapon - get wis items for both hands. Paw of Opalla / Charred Guardian Shield will cost you approx 1k for both combined.

Plat Armband is 3 wis in the arm slot for like 250 pp. Can't beat it. Also brings some str which is nice.

6 wis rings are def the way to go. You won't ever miss the hp while leveling.

Charming as a druid isn't worth it imo. Quad up. If you want to charm, roll an ench/necro and go ham with it.

LaithusFTW
07-03-2015, 06:53 PM
Regardless of how you get to 50+, you will want to bear pits when you are 52/53/54+. Goblin Gazughi Ring is the most important/useful piece of equipment you can buy.

Feanoir
07-03-2015, 07:45 PM
You'll see the best returns on +mana items until around level 30. Even then you only get 6mana per wis so embroidered arms, onyx cape, glowing bone collar, opaline earrings jade?rings with 20 mana 20 hp? Bracers with 15mana/hp also jade?, wolf slippers, dragon totem from sola will all provide some of the best mana pool until then. They are all pretty cheap and easily campable if you have a mid level main. You can even save them all for future use in other alts. They make learning to charm much easier in the teens.

Ravager
07-03-2015, 07:53 PM
Smoldering Brand, Set of Leather, 5/55 rings and all of your spells up to level 39 because that's as far as you'll probably get before you retire him to a port bot.

Zweibierbitte
07-03-2015, 07:57 PM
Regardless of how you get to 50+, you will want to bear pits when you are 52/53/54+. Goblin Gazughi Ring is the most important/useful piece of equipment you can buy.

This is very true, but don't think that the ring is REQUIRED. I never had the ring, still don't have it and I did just fine. I charmed most of the time leveling, and I still charm in Kedge from time to time.

Pscottdai
07-03-2015, 08:04 PM

No, no., no...the bear pits is a shaman solo spot.

Briscoe
07-03-2015, 09:07 PM
Agree with dald except on GEBs. Those are easy enough to come by relatively cheaply and won't be replaced - may as well buy em.

Agreed, although if he ends up playing his druid into the endgame, GEBs will eventually become inferior to Withered Leather Boots. But that's just me being nitpicky since WLBs alone cost as much as his entire twink budget.

Charming as a druid isn't worth it imo. Quad up. If you want to charm, roll an ench/necro and go ham with it.

Depends on how he wants to play. If he is willing to work hard and enjoys the mechanics of it, charming is definitely the best way to go. But quadding is fast enough and is certainly the preferred route if one wants lots of AFK/down time.

Final note to OP: Make the right choice and roll human.

DevGrousis
07-03-2015, 10:26 PM
Thank you all for such good answers! Discussion has helped so much!

I probably should mention that I'm going to PL myself to 26 tonight, so technically this is for 26+, if that makes a difference

Daldaen
07-04-2015, 09:12 AM
Yea if you're going 1-26 through PLs most raw HP/Mana are going to be inferior to their WIS counterparts I think... At least the cheap end stuff is.

A charming Druid will outlevel a quadding Druid by a decent margin. Quadding you do one pull (2-3 min) and AFK 5+ min while you med back to full (and it's usually only viable 34-54~). Charming you can usually actively play for 10-15 min and then AFK for 5 min while you med up. At later levels you can extend it even more because you have more time to med while pets fight.

Plus it's way more fun and makes you a better/more competent player on the Druid. Not that EQ is difficult to figure out; But some people absolutely crash and burn in Kedge Keep or in tight spaces with many mobs, Druids who leveled up by charming have no issues in water fighting or locking down mobs with rooms.

webrunner5
07-04-2015, 11:35 AM
You don't want ANY Wis items at 26, you want MANA items. :eek: End of story. :p

mefdinkins
07-04-2015, 02:50 PM
Hey, I didn't see this but in terms of twinking.

I would get cheap mana items, but also not spend too much.

+6 wis rings, +7 wis veil.

Having enough mana to quad or cast that last root/snare to save yourself is def. invaluable but having +20 mana when you can kill something only using 50% of your mana bar isn't very helpful.

The more expensive items I woudl buy are:

Elder Spiritist's Vambraces - at 45 they can give you free clicky damage and are a huge benefit for finishing off mobs or if you're root rotting.
Luminescent Staff - at 46 you can quad for 0 mana and literally get level 46 to 51 in less time than it will take you to get through level 45.

Itap
07-04-2015, 03:10 PM
Ears: forest loop, +3 JC
head: plat tiara, crown of leaves, chieftain's headress
face: plat ruby
chest: shroud of nature
neck: chrysoberyl talisman
back: kunzar cloak
arms: embroidered silk
belt: mutaliginous girdle(sp?), reed belt
shoulder: obulus death
wrist: runed mithril
legs: gatorscale
hand: splitpaw
boots: gebs
rings: plat fire, golem tear, +6 wis JC
wep: springwood club
offhand: book of obulus, SBS
range: medicine totem, small wisdom diety

This set can be had for as little as 12k~, and up to over 20k depending on which you choose per slot.

*edit: If you wanna go cheaper/more expensive, I can add some more selection.

This is almost my exact setup + lumi staff