PDA

View Full Version : WinEQ2 alternative

Tuanta
07-05-2015, 08:45 PM
Hey all, I just tested the following (completely free) application.
It works flawlessly and is quite popular on Steam.
Can run the game in windowed mode without the title (aka Windowed Fullscreen)
http://westechsolutions.net/sites/WindowedBorderlessGaming/home

Enjoy

Edit:
I'd highly recommend they be linked instead of WinEQ2 unless P1999 has some agreement with them that is...

phro
08-15-2015, 09:53 AM
I can't find any info about how to launch EQ directly in order to try this. Neither Everquest.exe or the Launch Titanium.bat launch the game properly.

perrier
08-22-2015, 11:49 AM
I can't find any info about how to launch EQ directly in order to try this. Neither Everquest.exe or the Launch Titanium.bat launch the game properly.

Bumping this because I found the answer after reading the manual for the application. Here's a link if you care to read for yourself: http://westechsolutions.net/sites/WindowedBorderlessGaming/manual

Basically you just need to have the app running, fire up EQ in windowed mode (alt+enter to switch to windowed mode) and then click the "add window" button from the apps tray icon and switch back to EQ and then hit f3.

Pretty simple, and works great. Very easy to manage and works with a lot of games. Hope this helps.

Casticus
08-22-2015, 10:16 PM
It works great except for one thing, my mouse cursor is an inch high from where the game thinks it is. Do you know how to fix that?

Corydon
08-23-2015, 05:25 AM
Don't think this can be fixed. I play in normal windowed mode not using any 3rd party tools to mess with that. I have no borders left, right and at the bottom and only a small bar at the top. I play in 1920x1080 so try these values in your eqclient.ini:

In the [VideoMode] section:

Width=1680
Height=1050
WidthWindowed=1679
HeightWindowed=1050
WindowedWidth=1920
WindowedHeight=1080
FullscreenBitsPerPixel=32
FullscreenRefreshRate=0

and in the [Defaults] section:

WindowedModeXOffset=-3
WindowedModeYOffset=-13
WindowedMode=TRUE

Works perfectly for me. Important bit is the Offset part.

These settings are for standard Windows 10 window frames. You may need to add 1 or 2 at the offsets if you run a different operating system depending on your windows and fonts setup.

perrier
08-31-2015, 09:59 AM
It works great except for one thing, my mouse cursor is an inch high from where the game thinks it is. Do you know how to fix that?

I had the same issue. A quick search led me to this which resolved the issue:https://github.com/Codeusa/Borderless-Gaming/issues/62#issuecomment-48265338

abazaba
08-31-2015, 12:08 PM

It can be fixed. Note: tested on win7 only.

1) In the eqclient.ini, make sure your [video mode] settings are set to your screen resolution.

2) Adjust window's title bar height.*
right click desktop > personalize > window color and appearance
select Active Title Bar from the drop down list.
select Fonts > Small Fonts > size 2
decrease Active Title Bar to size 5

3) Start up EQ and get on your character.
run the borderless gaming program or a similar program.
after the window is set, you should be able to return Active Title Bar to the normal height.

*EQ needs 5 pixel title bar height to get the right mouse coords it seems.:confused:
You can save your theme before and after step 2 on the Personalization page and swap between quickly. You can also make a shortcut to the saved themes for fast swapping when starting up EQ.

Hope this helps!

abazaba
08-31-2015, 12:19 PM
^
If anyone is up to the challenge, I'm sure all that can be automated.

Personally I use an AHK script to apply a borderless window style to EQ, then set the window width and height to my screen's resolution.
This also gets rid of the "text crunch" from being in windowed mode. Win win!

phro
08-31-2015, 09:20 PM
Bumping this because I found the answer after reading the manual for the application. Here's a link if you care to read for yourself: http://westechsolutions.net/sites/WindowedBorderlessGaming/manual

Basically you just need to have the app running, fire up EQ in windowed mode (alt+enter to switch to windowed mode) and then click the "add window" button from the apps tray icon and switch back to EQ and then hit f3.

Pretty simple, and works great. Very easy to manage and works with a lot of games. Hope this helps.
The problem is that I can't run EQ, not that I can't run the app. How do I get a generic non eq non attempting to patch copy of EQ running without first using WinEQ?

perrier
09-02-2015, 04:51 PM
The problem is that I can't run EQ, not that I can't run the app. How do I get a generic non eq non attempting to patch copy of EQ running without first using WinEQ?

I'm not entirely sure I follow. You simply run the "Launch Titanium.bat" batch file from your EQ directory, the same way you would if you were launching for the first time.

phro
09-02-2015, 09:41 PM
Loading that way just tries to patch the game for me.

Corydon
09-02-2015, 11:51 PM
Create a shortcut to eqgame.exe and append "patchme" to it.

loramin
03-17-2017, 08:44 PM

The other solutions didn't work for me, but then I found that switching to full screen fixed it. You can either press ALT + ENTER, or click the button in the display options. Unfortunately I have to do it every time I switch to a different window, but pressing two keys isn't a big hassle.

Dixao
10-31-2017, 05:16 AM
I think I just had this trigger an anti check flag. Anyone seen a consent to release information pop up in game before?