PDA

View Full Version : Necro AFK leveling spots

sk8jack
10-29-2010, 12:26 AM
Ok so there's gonna be bonus XP this weekend. Unfortunately I've got an organization theory paper next Tuesday and gotta burn my weekend revising.
:(
Since I play a necro, was wondering if there is any good spot for me to let my pet solo mobs for exp while I afk?:)
My necro's level 8 at the moment.

Kassel
10-29-2010, 12:35 AM
6. AFK camping is not respected and is frowned upon, if caught afk camping you will be booted to the character select screen.

RKromwell
10-29-2010, 12:37 AM
...? How would you get exp like that anyway? Don't you have to damage the mob to get exp?

audacity
10-29-2010, 12:42 AM
Try spectre island in the Oasis!

anthony210
10-29-2010, 02:37 AM
Try OOT. Be carefull not to get trained and pull a Gmge.

Lill-Leif
10-29-2010, 07:32 AM
jump down the well in befallen, best AFK lvling spot in the game!

quellren
10-29-2010, 08:25 AM
Enter OOT from the FP side, the first group of rocks on your left has a tall outcrop with 2 aqua goblins on it. These are on a 6 min timer, and are easy camps. If they get too easy, theres another island 15 seconds away with a 3 pack on it.
At 12, grab the new spells and start in on the sirens that are on the same rock with the 2-spawn goblins.
Both are a 6 minute time spawn and take maybe a minute to kill the pair.
The goblins are social, but the 2 spawn are far away and wont pull together. The 3 spawn, one comes single, the other 2 come together. Fear works fine to break them.
The sirens are not social, and non-aggro, and have no faction. They will be indiff no matter how many you kill.
Another bonus is you can sell the loot at 'brother isle', about a 60 sec swim Southeast. Just don't go inside the Inn, someone in there doesn't like you.

I leveled both a necro and a shaman from 8-16 on that same chunk of rock while doing homework for grad school. Drop the pair of mobs, sit down, and set your timer.

Edit: This isn't really AFK camping, but it's as close as you can get as a necro. It's been my experience that necro pets are bad at afk camping. If the pet can consistently kill whatever it is without your help, it's probably not good exp. and since the pet solo is gonna suck up 75%, those light blues are gonna take days to grind out a lvl on.

Ravhin
10-29-2010, 09:42 AM
Once you are 12 you can try Misty (1st step in http://moestaverne.com/p1999wiki/index.php/6-Minute_Bard_Diet). I tried to afk camp her once I got my 16 pet but after a few kills he got unlucky and died, and she came running and killed me (can't stay FD or pet won't agro). So you could probably with the 20 pet but the exp at the point would be worthless. In conclusion, afk camping not really effective!

guineapig
10-29-2010, 02:31 PM
I'm pretty sure that if you do not damage the mob then your pet steals like 75% of your exp or more. At least that's how it's supposed to currently work.

However if you have another person in your group then this is effectively circumvented.

When I see people AFK leveling, I take their mobs. :)

Dunes
10-29-2010, 03:11 PM
I think its more than a 75% penalty. Ive got a necro and I do go AFK (not to AFK level, just AFK). Ive been attacked by dark blue con mobs before while afk, and naturally, the pet jumps in to save to save me. Three things happen (keep in mind that Im familiar with how much exp to expect from a kill, having been grinding on said mob for awhile):
A) Pet succesfully kills mob and I receive the experience message. Checking my bar, however, the gain was neglibile (perhaps 10%)
B) Pet gets destroyed because he may not have been buffed, or could have still been wounded from another fight. Mob then wades in to me ("Loading...")
C) Pet attacks mob, but due to my proximity, mob STILL hits me, even if I havent touched him. Even with pet taunting and pounding on the mob, theres a good chance youll get hit occasionally. So, unless your an elusive troll necro, your regen is pitiful while standing and its only a matter of time before your worn down and killed (your only regening 60 hps in a 6 minute spawn)

SlankyLanky
10-29-2010, 03:17 PM
...your only level 8 and already wanting to afk camp. jesus man half an hour with the exp bonus this weekend will get you a level, and no offense but you are a necro. dot, pet, wait and write the paper. leveling a necro solo is basicly afk camping anyway.

guineapig
10-29-2010, 03:56 PM
I think its more than a 75% penalty. Ive got a necro and I do go AFK (not to AFK level, just AFK). Ive been attacked by dark blue con mobs before while afk, and naturally, the pet jumps in to save to save me. Three things happen (keep in mind that Im familiar with how much exp to expect from a kill, having been grinding on said mob for awhile):
A) Pet succesfully kills mob and I receive the experience message. Checking my bar, however, the gain was neglibile (perhaps 10%)

Your probably right about the 90% penalty. The info is in an old threads but I am just too lazy to look it us so AT LEAST 75% covers anything higher. :p

In any case, it's good to know that the penalty is in place.

Honus
10-30-2010, 05:43 AM
When I see people AFK leveling, I take their mobs. :)

I train them