PDA

View Full Version : 14 stones?

Engraverwilliam
10-29-2010, 11:49 AM
how does this translate when im looking at 35/97 as my weight in the inventory window. monkley biz states to stay under 14 stones. Ive seen this in other places too. what is the conversion from the 00/00 to stones. thanks

Messianic
10-29-2010, 11:50 AM
No conversion. Stones is just the unit of measure generally. You're currently at 35/97 stones.

Dragonthorne
10-29-2010, 11:50 AM
Have your weight at 14 or under...

Darklake
10-29-2010, 12:04 PM
Your weight limit as a monk changes as you gain levels; go over it and your AC drops.

http://www.monkly-business.net/index.php?pageid=abilities

SirAlvarex
10-29-2010, 12:04 PM
Dang you're a fat monk.

Engraverwilliam
10-29-2010, 12:14 PM
LOL its all the backpacks and stuff plus im wearing leather. should I be wearing silk then? I'll bank my stuff and see what my ac is then. Just doesn't make sense to me when i remove my leather the ac drops and drops...

Messianic
10-29-2010, 12:34 PM
Go for Cured Silk at first, then eventually outfit yourself with a patchwork variety of the best stuff you can find.

For example, the following items are really good monk items and are also cheap:

Name Slot
Azure Sleeves Arms
Thick Leather Apron Waist
Gem-Inlaid Gauntlets Hands
Hero Bracer Wrist
Silver-Plated Bracer Wrist
Wu's Fighting Mantle Shoulders
White Wolf-Hide Cloak Back
Wu's Fighting Pantaloons Legs
Wu's Slippers Feet
Lockjaw Hide Vest Chest
Crown of Froglok Kings Head
Glowing Bone Collar Neck
Platinum Fire Wedding Ring Ring
Platinum Fire Wedding Ring Ring

guineapig
10-29-2010, 12:41 PM
Replace your backpacks with large sewing kits. Back in the day their weight was .4 stones a piece instead of the traditional 3 stones for backpacks. This server has the classic sewing kits.

Also get in groups where weight reduction bags drop whenever you can. The sharlok pack drops off an orc in HighHold Pass. There is also a bag at the Ass/sup camp in lower Guk and of course the Evil Eye, (also in Lguk, live side though). There are some others to be found here and there as well.

Engraverwilliam
10-29-2010, 01:11 PM
wow very helpful info guys thanks!

(we need class forums!)

Darklake
10-29-2010, 01:38 PM
I've been toying with the idea of levelling up a mage to 8 so I can keep my monk supplied with bandages/food/water in dimensional pockets, although to be honest my monk doesn't need to loot much stuff as I can keep him in equipment using my other characters.

realpoor
10-31-2010, 10:17 PM
wow very helpful info guys thanks!

(we need class forums!)

Http://www.pro1999.com

Fists
10-31-2010, 10:22 PM
Top tier monk loot comes pretty light as well, on top of your weight limit changing to 17.

Fists
10-31-2010, 10:23 PM
Foreman's tunic is great, cheap and light too!

Messianic
10-31-2010, 11:07 PM
Foreman's tunic is great, cheap and light too!

I'm an AC hog, so I go with the lockjaw tunic until sythrac or fungi tunic ;)

Engraverwilliam
11-01-2010, 10:09 AM
Got my weight down to 14 np Im loving the ac bonus. Got Wu bracers from WUSELLER and my GF bought me a Wu tunic (thanks babe!) Forgot Wu's was a black armor...bad ass! anyway happy Monday. Almost lvl 10

Dangermouse
11-02-2010, 06:47 AM
I don't think stones are used to measure weight much in the US but us Brits know that a stone is 14 pounds. So what we're saying, is that monks can carry 14 stones, or 196 pounds, of gear and still kick ass? :) And my troll can carry about a ton before he gets encumbered :D

(I know it's just a name for the unit of weight in the game - just pointing out the anachronism :)

Messianic
11-02-2010, 08:33 AM
I don't think stones are used to measure weight much in the US but us Brits know that a stone is 14 pounds. So what we're saying, is that monks can carry 14 stones, or 196 pounds, of gear and still kick ass? :) And my troll can carry about a ton before he gets encumbered :D

(I know it's just a name for the unit of weight in the game - just pointing out the anachronism :)

Yeah, I never understood the use of "stone" as units of measure in-game... Of course I never gravitated to the RP aspect of any game, so...

toddfx
11-02-2010, 11:58 AM
Http://www.pro1999.com

Wow why is this the first time I'm seeing this? It should be stickied somewhere, if it hasn't already. The interface is great and has a lot of potential, if only the content was as filled as http://www.thesilversandbox.net/p1999/main_l.php

Engraverwilliam
11-02-2010, 02:42 PM
went to the pro1999 site. clicked on monk class nothing there...well...nothing useful anyway. good looking site though.

Mcbard
11-02-2010, 04:43 PM
Wow why is this the first time I'm seeing this? It should be stickied somewhere, if it hasn't already. The interface is great and has a lot of potential, if only the content was as filled as http://www.thesilversandbox.net/p1999/main_l.php

It takes time.. it's only a couple of weeks old but eventually it will, so keep checking in. :) We already have all of the zone maps updated, and the class pages are coming along nicely.