PDA

View Full Version : Quillmane?

Khaz
10-29-2010, 12:50 PM
I did a search on quillmane here and I can't get confirmation as to whether it was actually made to reflect live finally or if the method of spawning is its own unique method still here on P1999.

Would anyone be willing to clear things up?

I hung out in SK last night and it seems to N-S method of clearing lioness and calf PH got me somewhere. Once I saw the lioness stop spawning and heading north from aviak I took a run around and ran into Quillmane, but the second time a lioness stopped showing I covered the whole zone many times over without success.

This will probly be a sort of self-destruction to do without tracking but /shrug, nothing else to do but set these little goals for my shaman.

guineapig
10-29-2010, 01:13 PM
There are a minimum of three Quillmane spawn locations (some claim 4).
So unfortunately, although you may very well be killing the right mobs (the right mobs are all over the place as well), theer is no guarantee that the Quillmane you spawn will be anywhere near you.

It's not uncommon for Quillmane to spawn well out of the tracking range of the person who spawned it (unless you are a ranger with max track). And then of course there is the matter of multiple people gunning for it. So even if you do find it on track it might be dead by the time you get there.

If you dig around there is a map with some pretty accurate details on Quillmane on this server. It's an old post, but I found it again a few weeks ago so I know it's still there.

Yes, it is a bit different than on live. (The guides from live are helpful when it comes to telling you what mobs to kill but the maps... not so much. )

korrowan
10-29-2010, 01:17 PM
There are a minimum of three Quillmane spawn locations (some claim 4).
So unfortunately, although you may very well be killing the right mobs (the right mobs are all over the place as well), theer is no guarantee that the Quillmane you spawn will be anywhere near you.

It's not uncommon for Quillmane to spawn well out of the tracking range of the person who spawned it (unless you are a ranger with max track). And then of course there is the matter of multiple people gunning for it. So even if you do find it on track it might be dead by the time you get there.

If you dig around there is a map with some pretty accurate details on Quillmane on this server. It's an old post, but I found it again a few weeks ago so I know it's still there.

Yes, it is a bit different than on live. (The guides from live are helpful when it comes to telling you what mobs to kill but the maps... not so much. )

So you are saying there is a good reason to have a ranger around.

Messianic
10-29-2010, 01:35 PM

Ridiculous.

guineapig
10-29-2010, 01:36 PM

Pretty much ;)

Although bard with Selo's or druid with wolf speed is a close second. You just have to have them keep checking the right spots while you keep killing the right mobs.

Another reason you want track, (I dare say a more important reason than tracking Quillmane) and I forgot to mention this before, is to make sure you are killing the right mobs.

After you kill a trigger mob, another trigger mob will spawn within like 60 or 78 seconds (I suck at the details). Anyway, the point is that a new trigger mob WILL appear on the top of your track list within 78 seconds after you killed a trigger mob. This will happen EVERY kill! If you seem to be missing a spawn then that means you have successfully triggered Quillmane somewhere in the zone.

Zarniwooop
10-29-2010, 06:20 PM
Basically, if you're a lone wolf char and not a tracker, you will never kill or see this mob unless you're stupidly lucky/persistent.

TJHooker
10-29-2010, 06:28 PM
Quillmane gets spawned very often.

Wizerud
10-29-2010, 08:32 PM
Yep she spawns WAYYY more often than she did on Live.

Slayn
10-29-2010, 11:24 PM
I wish there were guides on how to spawn rares like Quillmane, Ancient Cyclops, or Mortificator Syythrak.

Sometimes, you can squeeze info from gm/staff if they are the only ones with an item and knowledge on how spawns are different than from live. Take Quid Rilstone, for instance: his spawn was different than live and I posted about it and a gm who was the only one on server with the siryen hair hood at the time spat out a hint that helped me find him and get my own hood.

It seems that players are often stingy about releasing rare spawn guides in order to monopolize on it -- which was always classic from my experience with players.

Fourthmeal
10-29-2010, 11:33 PM
What's a Quillmane?

Twotone
10-29-2010, 11:37 PM
I'm pretty sure people have explained how to spawn Quillmane and Ancient Cyclops at some point, they're just not sticky'd.

I've never been stingy on showing people how to do Quillmane and the other people I've met who knew how to do it seemed pretty forthcoming with the knowledge. Spawning her is only half the battle though.

Fourthmeal
10-29-2010, 11:40 PM
Wait a minute. What IS a Quillmane?