PDA

View Full Version : Forest Loop Velious Upgrade?

picklefixer
07-10-2015, 08:16 PM
Is there a tradeable upgrade come Velious for the Forest Loop. Looking for AC/Dex that pally can use.
I dont know how to search the wiki for Velious items...

<Insert SweetAss Sig Here>
Mrtwig

Evia
07-10-2015, 08:22 PM
Cougar Claw Earring comes to mind if you're after dex and ac.

http://wiki.project1999.com/Cougar_Claw_Earring

but not exactly an UG for a pally over the Forest Loop if you want dex. Orc fang earring is nice if you want hp and ac.

Oleris
07-10-2015, 08:30 PM
orc fang earring is very common running the price of the forest loop down.

kaev
07-11-2015, 09:39 AM
orc fang earring is very common running the price of the forest loop down.

Forest loop's been selling for less than 25% over vendor price since forever (400 vs 32x), there's not much room to run that price down. With 9 months of Kunark instead of over 4 years it'd be different.

Samoht
07-11-2015, 10:29 AM
You want DEX earrings for tanking? Do you have a Twisted Bone Earring yet?

Pint
07-11-2015, 10:40 AM
If you're a paladin looking for dex in your ear slot then you're probably doing it wrong

kaev
07-11-2015, 01:46 PM
If you're a paladin looking for dex in your ear slot then you're probably doing it wrong

lol, missed that part, /agree

picklefixer
07-11-2015, 02:05 PM
I wondered how long it would be before the first jackass told me i was playing wrong. Definitely took longer than i would have guessed =/

I was looking for something cheaper than Twisted Bone...

Mrtwig

Pint
07-11-2015, 02:27 PM
You should think of it as constructive criticism and reconsider your end goal. You're not going to get enough dex to make a difference even if you gear everything towards it and even if you did you'd be cheating yourself relying on procs when all wpns have the same modifier on this server.

Pint
07-11-2015, 02:29 PM
If you really want the dex though I think you can just go kill the npc cycle in lake rathetear with a few friends. I remember ppl telling me you didn't actually need the herb or w/e quest components it required.

Rararboker
07-11-2015, 02:42 PM
Why would a Paladin need dex? I am honestly confused by this.

picklefixer
07-11-2015, 02:58 PM
I hate to set myself up for disappointment but i probably don't understand how proc's work then.

How often will i proc with 90 Dex?
How often will i proc with 250 Dex?

I'm not looking to be the best paladin i can be, im simply trying to make the class enjoyable to play, which to me, is through procs...Bonethunder, Ghouldbane, Natures Defender...

Mrtwig

Rararboker
07-11-2015, 03:06 PM
So the only enjoyment you get from a paladin is from getting your weapon to proc? That is sort of weird.

If you are going to use nature's defender that means you are high elf or half elf, aka low physical stats. To pump dex you are going to need to sacrifice hp/stam which are already fairly low. The healer in your groups is going to struggle more to keep you alive and probably go oom quicker because of it.

fiveeauxfour
07-11-2015, 03:16 PM
If you want to play a class that tanks and from which you simply seek enjoyment out of procs, you should play warrior.

Itap
07-11-2015, 03:52 PM
As far as Velious goes, theres only 2 options for a Pally earring with Dex;

http://zam.zamimg.com/images/1/d/1d1ca4ff4bc6dc5af6a0747d9cde9765.png

and Cougar Claw Earring

jarshale
07-11-2015, 04:32 PM
If you want to play a class that tanks and from which you simply seek enjoyment out of procs, you should play warrior.

picklefixer
07-11-2015, 04:39 PM
I knew the question could be answered, thanks Itap.

Mrtwig

fadetree
07-13-2015, 09:08 AM
Dex makes a noticeable difference going from, say 75 dex to 150, somewhere around there. As a mostly soloing Ranger, I love me some swarmcaller procs. I carry dex gear to swap into, and a couple of the higher +dex potions. I can definitely tell the difference in proccing. After it procs, I usually swap my gear back out. If offensive procs make you feel badass, then go for it and screw 'em if they say you are doing it wrong. Although, technically, you are, at least if you're MTing for a group.

maskedmelon
07-13-2015, 09:26 AM
You should think of it as constructive criticism and reconsider your end goal. You're not going to get enough dex to make a difference even if you gear everything towards it and even if you did you'd be cheating yourself relying on procs when all wpns have the same modifier on this server.

Unfortunately Pint is correct. Even at 255 dex the return on procs from Ghoulbane plus it's innate DPS is still far less than a BoF for example. Iirc, I want to say at 255 Dex you get 2 procs per min. Haste of course does not improve that rate. If you are looking to solo or maximize dps for some other reason, the best investment I have found for a Pally is STR for accuracy. If you just want to see the most profs possible for the heck if, then more power to ya ^^ others have already addressed the original question ^^ good luck!

kaev
07-13-2015, 10:08 AM
Dex makes a noticeable difference going from, say 75 dex to 150, somewhere around there. As a mostly soloing Ranger, I love me some swarmcaller procs. I carry dex gear to swap into, and a couple of the higher +dex potions. I can definitely tell the difference in proccing. After it procs, I usually swap my gear back out. If offensive procs make you feel badass, then go for it and screw 'em if they say you are doing it wrong. Although, technically, you are, at least if you're MTing for a group.

Show me a paladin usable weapon that procs a slow and dex might be interesting. Or maybe not, think I'd still rather have the hp & ac and keep my epic equipped.

Daldaen
07-13-2015, 10:29 AM
Show me a paladin usable weapon that procs a slow and dex might be interesting. Or maybe not, think I'd still rather have the hp & ac and keep my epic equipped.

http://wiki.project1999.com/Willsapper

http://wiki.project1999.com/Wavecrasher

I have a Willsapper on my live paladin still. Dat Energy Sap.

Seltius
07-13-2015, 10:31 AM
Hey hey now he's a Procadin! Don't know what weapon he's using maybe an SoS! Gonna get him some hp/mr.

Samoht
07-13-2015, 10:37 AM
Interesting, Paladins shouldn't be able to use one-handed piercing weapons for RP reasons.

kaev
07-13-2015, 01:16 PM
http://wiki.project1999.com/Willsapper

http://wiki.project1999.com/Wavecrasher

I have a Willsapper on my live paladin still. Dat Energy Sap.

I'm far too casual for fancy lewts like those, lol.

falkun
07-13-2015, 01:32 PM
Interesting, Paladins shouldn't be able to use one-handed piercing weapons for RP reasons.

EQ only has "piercing". 1hb/1hs and 2hb/2hs, but piercing is one big oversight. It wasn't until Luclin that 2hp weapons even existed in the game.

jpetrick
07-13-2015, 01:35 PM
Please don't stack dex on your paladin.

Daldaen
07-13-2015, 01:36 PM
I'm far too casual for fancy lewts like those, lol.

Willsapper will be reserved for no-lifers on P99, I don't doubt that.

Wavecrasher really isn't that bad and it never gets removed from game. People will figure out the best way to camp it and it'll be available for a hefty sum or you can camp it yourself.

Danth
07-13-2015, 02:13 PM
A 20% slow is worse than the click effect on the midnight mallet and a 9/19 ratio is painfully bad for a knight. Leave that thing for dual-wield classes. Jeldorin deserves mention in any discussion of velious-era Paladin weapon procs, granted it won't be available for awhile yet (chardok revamp) and was always rather rare.

Danth

GinnasP99
07-13-2015, 02:17 PM
EQ only has "piercing". 1hb/1hs and 2hb/2hs, but piercing is one big oversight. It wasn't until Luclin that 2hp weapons even existed in the game.

http://wiki.project1999.com/Tantor%27s_Tusk

Daldaen
07-13-2015, 02:19 PM
The items exist as 2 handed piercing items like Tantor's Tusk, Narandi's Lance and 90% of all Avatar proccing weapons are lances...

But! The skill was always just "Piercing" for 1 and 2 handed ones. It wasn't split into 1 and 2 hand until I think GoD with Berserkers.

Samoht
07-13-2015, 02:26 PM
Either way, Paladins are unable to use a very large majority of piercing weapons that are not two-handed for RP reasons. Are we sure they can use Willsapper?

Itap
07-13-2015, 02:49 PM
Either way, Paladins are unable to use a very large majority of piercing weapons that are not two-handed for RP reasons. Are we sure they can use Willsapper?

Hey! Let's not forget that it can be used by Paladins!
Given that Paladins are the ones who don't get dual wield, the other three classes can stick with two weapons that have slightly lower damage and/or slightly higher delay, putting the Paladin closer to doing the same level of damage.

Dec 20, 2000

http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/item.html?item=3949&p=2#comments

Efwan
07-14-2015, 01:45 AM

Yes always have been able to

Thiefboy777
07-14-2015, 08:10 AM
Are you sure always? I thought I remembered a patch that specifically changed wurmslayer from piercing to 1h slashing so pallys and sk could use it...

I could be totally wrong though, was a long ass time ago.

Samoht
07-14-2015, 09:26 AM
Are you sure always? I thought I remembered a patch that specifically changed wurmslayer from piercing to 1h slashing so pallys and sk could use it...

I could be totally wrong though, was a long ass time ago.

Shadowknights do not have the RP limitations that prevent them from utilizing daggers.

Itap
07-14-2015, 09:47 AM
Shadowknights do not have the RP limitations that prevent them from utilizing daggers.

With every expansion that is released, EQ steered away from the RP aspect of the game. Bards getting DW? Blasphemy

fadetree
07-14-2015, 10:22 AM
Halfling Rangers? ABOMINATION!