PDA

View Full Version : Rogues in vellious

Loxnar
07-13-2015, 05:20 AM
Was wondering about how much rogues are needed in vellious. I'm 46 atm but haven't played in a few months, RL stuff, but thinking about coming back for vellious. I know of course DPS for raids but I'm not in a guild currently. Any other use for a rogue,and how does poison making look for the new content.

Froddo Baggins

Man0warr
07-13-2015, 05:46 AM
Poison Making is needed for one of the ring quests I believe, Mind Melt.

Swish
07-13-2015, 08:46 AM
Very useful class for raids and groups... just a shame its so difficult questing your own epic here.

azeth
07-13-2015, 09:06 AM
I dont think anyone NEEDS a rogue perse, except for Mind Melt, corpse runs and unlocking doors. But everyone would PREFER a rogue over most other DPS in groups and raids.

Gear a rogue to mediocre status in Velious, then return to Classic/Kunark and pillage.

webrunner5
07-13-2015, 09:15 AM
No other class has as much DPS as they have now, and they will still be the top dog in Velious DPS wise. :cool:

Since mobs will have a LOT more HP in Velious, and fights will last minutes not seconds, you will NEED a Rogue. :eek:

Daldaen
07-13-2015, 09:56 AM
No other class has as much DPS as they have now, and they will still be the top dog in Velious DPS wise. :cool:

Since mobs will have a LOT more HP in Velious, and fights will last minutes not seconds, you will NEED a Rogue. :eek:

Bane Wizards laugh at poor little rogues.

Plus some mobs AC is ridiculously high. I think when we last beta tested Statue our 60 Avatar'd Rogues were hitting normal hits for 10-20 averages.

They are still great DPS on most mobs, no doubt. But some mob AC absolutely cripples them.

azeth
07-13-2015, 09:58 AM
But some mob AC absolutely cripples them.

Love the word choice. CRIPPLE actually immensely helps rogues haha

Daldaen
07-13-2015, 10:06 AM
Love the word choice. CRIPPLE actually immensely helps rogues haha

The mobs with MR vulnerability, for sure! But there are still a few magic immune ones that cannot be slowed or crippled cause immune.