PDA

View Full Version : spell files not up to date

codium
07-15-2015, 08:54 PM
I have tried everything for a few days straight. I have worked around every error I have seen people have in the technical threads. I cannot for the life of me figure out what this means...Whoever helps me figure this out is the best. I will give someone a gift card to chili's or wherever the hell they like to eat. Please please help me get back on P99.

-Codium:(:(:(

Ele
07-15-2015, 09:53 PM
Not trying to fresh, but did you download and install the latest patch?

http://www.project1999.com/forums/showthread.php?t=173641

Install the latest patch V36 if you haven't already. Unzip the files to your EQ directory and make sure you have administration privileges to modify the directory.

codium
07-15-2015, 09:57 PM
Yes I have done this :(

Ele
07-16-2015, 03:32 PM
Maybe move your EQ directory to a flash drive or external hard drive and install the patch file then try to load it up? Will have to adjust your shortcut to point to the directory on the flash drive/external HDD.

codium
07-16-2015, 03:39 PM
Hmmm I Will try this as soon as I can. At work atm. Thanks for the advice. Will post results.

codium
07-16-2015, 06:35 PM
Figured it out. Mcafee was quarentin the dsetup.dll file. So i had to add it back in. Then it would auto quarentine it again. So i had to turn of real time scanner. This fixed my issues and I was able to log into my account again. See you soon :)