PDA

View Full Version : Freezing while zoning / cant log in / no servers on server select

Vidar
07-19-2015, 07:32 PM
So, i know there is already a thread like this but ... there wasnt much of an answer there so here is my story.

A few days ago eq/p99 was working fine. Then out of no where when i log in i get the spell file out of date thingy. so i go to get the spell file except its the same i already had. Reinstalled and now i freeze when i zone +50% of the time. And that is when i can log in. Other times i get the timed out message or there are no servers on server select and stuff like that.

So, does anyone have any kind of fix i can try? This really came out of no where so im totally lost.

Thanks in advance!

Swish
07-19-2015, 08:08 PM
Covering old bases, are you on a wifi connection? Is anyone hogging all the bandwidth? Plug an ethernet cable in if so and see if that improves things.

If you're wired and can load webpages quickly then it's probably the same crap a lot of people are feeling. I'm not in America but I've noticed a lot of people cursing Comcast, are you on Comcast?

Vidar
07-19-2015, 08:25 PM
Web Pages load quickly. And im not on comcast im on sudden link.

Mistmaker
07-20-2015, 02:43 AM
Im having the same problem and it started yesterday.

Sowellca
07-20-2015, 07:30 AM
I've been having these same issues for a long time now. I get LD upon zoning, gating, porting, or anything that requires a "new" zone to need to "Load". I also sometimes have days where I don't experience it as much. But I am always trying to mentally calculate how long a zone occurs, versus the amount of time it takes when successful.

What I found strange was, in the last patch, one of the items was supposed to possibly remedy this problem. However, it actually seemed to increase the rate it occurred, at least on my end.

I know others in game that are experiencing this as well. We have discussed it and we all are starting to feel that this is a server side problem. Mainly because of the different systems we are using. We all are aware and able to configure the client correctly.

With that said, perhaps the tech portion of the 1999 staff might could run some diagnostics. Maybe the solution is just waiting to be discovered and fixed.

hexric
07-22-2015, 08:19 PM
sigh im having thisa problem to and takes me forever to get back in.. i played for 2 hours last night and seriously only about 30 mins was play time because of the zone crashing and relogging.. someone please help

truthmonger
07-25-2015, 06:08 PM
I see no servers listed. I followed the install guide to the letter. Everything else on my system works fine including other online games.

woad
07-25-2015, 10:13 PM
have only had issues like this since last patch , and I have them ALOT! every tech type person who has tried to help me thru this has helped me 0 . played game for 6 months since joining without a hitch 0 lag 0 disconnects 0 issues whatsoever . went on vacation first of june came back to a game that will not function . we can point fingers at Comcast but I don't use them . someone out there must know a solution to this and the fact that others can simply play on blows my mind lol . i saw something in broadcast message one day stating that they were aware of an issue something blah blah but havnt heard anything since and none of the tech talk in these threads has helped me at all . please input an answer to everyones connection issue here ................... thanks:)