PDA

View Full Version : Rec 99 - Questions!

DeadlyReza
07-20-2015, 06:19 PM
Now i just saw a Recycle 99 STRAT guide, this is not that.

I know its a long shot, but I wanted to discuss and maybe get some indication of saome rules which might not have even been figured out yet.

1. Character names - What will you do with this? will it just go off the original servers name base? I suggest to do that, so there are no issues when merging.

2. Rare items that get taken out - I know this should be in, but wont that just mean every neckbeard and his crew will just perma camp everything? then the main server will just get flooded with rare items, this is what happened in classic when the legend servers came out, people would purchase a legends sub, pharm manastones, then cancel their sub and be transported back to their server and be RICH!

I suggest doing GM Events to hand out the items (probably dont have time...) or variance on mobs or ULTRA rare drops like 1 every 6 months, otherwise you will be poisoning the main server with rare item pharmers.

3. Fire pots? Whats everyones take on this, I think this is one feature that should be dealt with very carefully, because if everyone plans a mass bind, it can really screw over the druids/wizards, i mean its probably not too bad, but it could happen? :P

4. Character slots - Will it require a new account if yours is full on the main server? or will your char just get deleted if you have no more spots? a lot of noobs would need to know whats going to happen here

5. Sleeper - I guess we will have to see how velious plays out for this one, but again it could be a good oppertunity for guilds to repharm if it gets awoken on the main server :)

What are all your opinions on the above? Discuss!

Swish
07-20-2015, 06:30 PM
I'm waiting at the server select for it to pop myself... I'm too casual to think about what I'll camp, which class I'll play etc - will cross that bridge when it appears :)

Jmcwrestling
07-20-2015, 08:13 PM
Since this is a questions thread, when is this supposed to come out ?
And also is it just a restart or it's staying at kunark?
I apologize for my lack of investigation :P

DevGrousis
07-20-2015, 08:54 PM
Since this is a questions thread, when is this supposed to come out ?
And also is it just a restart or it's staying at kunark?
I apologize for my lack of investigation :P

All I know is that they said it would come out well into Velious, so maybe 6 months from Aug? or a year perhapts?

It is going to start a Vanilla everquest. All the way back to the original release of the game :) How fast they patch and release content will have to be seen, and would be great to have answered if our awesome devs are watching :D