PDA

View Full Version : Spells: Song PvP Bug Largo's Absonant Binding

Beatm3
07-21-2015, 05:45 AM
Largo's Absonant Binding (http://wiki.project1999.com/Largo%27s_Absonant_Binding)
This snare/slow song with agi ac debuff is bugged in PvP now.
Wen used on a PvP target it says "spell did not take hold"
Stacking issue?

The lower level one is working correctly.
Selo's Consonant Chain (http://wiki.project1999.com/Selo%27s_Consonant_Chain)

Also would like to add that Denon's Bereavement (http://wiki.project1999.com/Denon%27s_Bereavement) is very very bad now.
I dont know what you guys did but having 50 poison resists makes you almost immune.

Colgate
07-21-2015, 08:43 AM
largo's absonant binding works for me

denon's bereavement being incredibly easy to resist is classic as fuck dawg

Beatm3
07-21-2015, 10:22 AM

What?

Oooh okey! Sooo... The resist system is going off what
some 10 year old thinks or remembers things to have been from classic live era.
Good to know. Thx

Solid that our resist code and balancing on Red99 is
in the hands of competent unbiased players like yourself.

The irony of this server is truly a feat in itself.
Much love <3

Pikrib
07-21-2015, 02:25 PM

truf

Colgate
07-21-2015, 02:59 PM
What?

Oooh okey! Sooo... The resist system is going off what
some 10 year old thinks or remembers things to have been from classic live era.
Good to know. Thx

Solid that our resist code and balancing on Red99 is
in the hands of competent unbiased players like yourself.

The irony of this server is truly a feat in itself.
Much love <3

i have a level 60 bard that i would love to be able to rape casters with denon's breavement with

but it's not classic dawg, sorry to say

Beatm3
07-21-2015, 04:05 PM
i have a level 60 bard that i would love to be able to rape casters with denon's breavement with

but it's not classic dawg, sorry to say

Would you agree that there is a difference in "raping" and being able to use an ability.
Right now you can not land this song at all basiclly.
All i am saying is that rendering an ability down to it being useless
is not something we should be going for balance wise.

It is the only real chance a bard has to interrupt casting since bellow is not working like on live and its magic based so that shit will not land.

Qtip
07-21-2015, 05:07 PM
Would you agree that there is a difference in "raping" and being able to use an ability.
Right now you can not land this song at all basiclly.
All i am saying is that rendering an ability down to it being useless
is not something we should be going for balance wise.

It is the only real chance a bard has to interrupt casting since bellow is not working like on live and its magic based so that shit will not land.

Where's your evidence? Have any screen shots from classic showing it worked different? Maybe some posts from this era about how it worked in pvp?

Colgate
07-21-2015, 10:07 PM
i would say an aoe poison based stun that applies a DoT and lowers MR landing at all is not balanced on a class with incredible utility while being almost impossible to kill

the goal of this project is classic everquest

no one used this song on live for a good reason

i played when it landed a ton on this server and yes, it completely raped casters

Darksinga
07-22-2015, 01:10 PM
Highsun being unresistable is classic yet nerfed for "balance."
Run while you still can.

Colgate
07-22-2015, 03:34 PM
what? highsun wasn't unresistable on live

Tegi
07-23-2015, 05:22 AM
Where's your evidence? Have any screen shots from classic showing it worked different? Maybe some posts from this era about how it worked in pvp?

"Where's your evidence?"

Could say the same but this kinda argumentation is pointless.

I agree colgate that if this was hard to resist it would be really strong against casters.
All i am saying is that i do not agree with making it useless.

Ill see if i can find any information about this but i doubt it.

Beatm3
07-23-2015, 06:24 AM
"Where's your evidence?"

Could say the same but this kinda argumentation is pointless.

I agree colgate that if this was hard to resist it would be really strong against casters.
All i am saying is that i do not agree with making it useless.

Ill see if i can find any information about this but i doubt it.

Yes!!

There is no way of knowing what the resist code was like in classic but making spells and songs garbage is not the solution.

No point in talking about evidence unless we can find some information about it and i don't think that's gonna be out there.
So loooong ago.

derpcake
07-23-2015, 06:51 AM
Yes!!

There is no way of knowing what the resist code was like in classic but making spells and songs garbage is not the solution.

No point in talking about evidence unless we can find some information about it and i don't think that's gonna be out there.
So loooong ago.

Actually since this song has stun + other component, it checks for resist against both components and if either one is resisted, the song will be resisted entirely.

Need dev to confirm, thats how it always worked afaik.

derpcake
07-23-2015, 06:54 AM
try crusading for this instead:

Bards have cancel magic, cure poison and cure disease. However, bard cure disease and cure poison is broken, and has been for a long time (years? decades? I can't keep track). It worked, badly, for a short period of time, but somehow, that technology was broken or lost. I'm sure if someone asked the developer that made the change that broke this, his response would be "bards? Oh, I hadn't thought of bards."

http://www.afterlifeguild.org/Thott/retune.php

Beatm3
07-23-2015, 07:28 AM
try crusading for this instead:

Bards have cancel magic, cure poison and cure disease. However, bard cure disease and cure poison is broken, and has been for a long time (years? decades? I can't keep track). It worked, badly, for a short period of time, but somehow, that technology was broken or lost. I'm sure if someone asked the developer that made the change that broke this, his response would be "bards? Oh, I hadn't thought of bards."

http://www.afterlifeguild.org/Thott/retune.php

Hmmm! Interesting...

derpcake
07-23-2015, 08:52 AM
Lite posted on it before, check his posts in this forum also.

Unsure why it was never looked into.

Colgate
07-23-2015, 02:38 PM
denon's bereavement landing contributed to ruining pvp for over a year on this server until they fixed it

not interested in seeing this retarded spell land again

SamwiseRed
07-23-2015, 03:43 PM
but t staff is good right? melees with unresistable manaless stuns is completely balanced no?

claiming this song ruined pvp is laughable with the current mechanics on the server.

Colgate
07-23-2015, 03:55 PM
tstaff is classic, denon's bereavement landing on decently geared players is not classic

comparing a song that you can infinitely spam against a very rare drop weapon where you rely on a proc isn't exactly fair

denon's bereavement made the game worse for casters than tstaffs ever have

Wrench
07-23-2015, 06:55 PM

with the absence of evidence, one way or another, you should revert to the standard

is the standard resist rate being met for a poison based proc or spell?

the problem with colgates argument is he goes back and forth between saying its classic or unbalancing, pick an argument and stick with it

SamwiseRed
07-23-2015, 07:25 PM
for classic if it helps me, for balance if it doesnt :)

for real tho, classic eq and balance do not go hand in hand. they are quite the opposite.

Colgate
07-23-2015, 07:30 PM
good thing tstaff and non-landing denon's bereavement are both classic 8)

Ragnaros
07-25-2015, 01:21 AM
Love Colgate telling people what was classic on live when he has never played classic live everquest

Lasher
07-25-2015, 02:11 AM
Ya. I spat in my history teachers face because they only read about the past and werent actually there.

SamwiseRed
07-25-2015, 10:16 AM
Ya. I spat in my history teachers face because they only read about the past and werent actually there.

same