PDA

View Full Version : Release time (am/pm) for velious next week and other questions

Oleris
07-24-2015, 12:09 AM
1: Will Sirken or Rogean be doing a stream detailing the release plans of Velious next weekend?

2: If not, when can we expect patch notes/downtime and an ETA of what time the servers will be up.

3: There have been conflicting reports whether or not the C/FFA/R system will still be around on Velious. Any official response would be appreciated.

4: Any last minute things that require testing? I know sleeper waking up isn't coded yet, since it will be months from now if it's ever woken up. Ring War still need further testing?

5: Is the plan to still have patches/changes out in the correct timeline (hybrid penalty, fear/hate revamps etc).

I think an official response would calm the nerves of the horde that is eagerly awaiting the release of Velious, but might be fearing another last minute delay.

Bboboo
07-24-2015, 12:10 AM
Yes.

webrunner5
07-24-2015, 10:21 AM
As you can see they are using Red for a Guinea Pig. :eek: Not that they don't deserve it. :D So if it goes to shit, well who cares about 75 people on here. :p

And number 5 you are Dreaming about!!

Swish
07-24-2015, 10:29 AM
See you on red launch night <3

MycahDavith
07-24-2015, 10:38 AM
Bump

Daldaen
07-24-2015, 10:50 AM
4. Yes Ring War needs testing. Sunday at 3 PM EST I will be running a ring war on beta as a final test.

dafier
07-24-2015, 11:05 AM
4. Yes Ring War needs testing. Sunday at 3 PM EST I will be running a ring war on beta as a final test.

EVERYONE GO! Need testing! :) Thanks Daldaen for all your efforts

dafier
07-24-2015, 11:08 AM
1: Will Sirken or Rogean be doing a stream detailing the release plans of Velious next weekend?

Labor

2: If not, when can we expect patch notes/downtime and an ETA of what time the servers will be up.

Trusting

3: There have been conflicting reports whether or not the C/FFA/R system will still be around on Velious. Any official response would be appreciated.

Band Camp

4: Any last minute things that require testing? I know sleeper waking up isn't coded yet, since it will be months from now if it's ever woken up. Ring War still need further testing?

First of November

5: Is the plan to still have patches/changes out in the correct timeline (hybrid penalty, fear/hate revamps etc).

Very Berry

I think an official response would calm the nerves of the horde that is eagerly awaiting the release of Velious, but might be fearing another last minute delay.

Yes

bktroost
07-24-2015, 11:31 AM
I'd be surprised if you saw an official response.

Pint
07-24-2015, 02:23 PM
Thinking staff doesn't want a full blown Detroit style riot on their hands when they give us the bad news

Champion_Standing
07-24-2015, 02:31 PM
So have they announced what the sub fee is going to be when DBG takes over?

fadetree
07-24-2015, 02:37 PM
Dammit! I'm all out of tin foil!

Oleris
07-24-2015, 03:05 PM
got some of my questions answered. Thanks Rogean

We're about a week away from Velious. Are you guys ready??

I wanted to make a post to let everyone know what to expect. We will be starting a launch event in the evening of that server's day. The event will last for a few hours. Unlike our Kunark launch event, which had a set amount of progress required and various defined steps, the Velious launch will be a consistent event lasting for an undefined amount of time (up to several hours).

Other than that, the event will be similar in many ways to the Kunark event. There will be 5 zones, announced at the beginning of the event, each containing a mini event with battles taking place between two factions. Players can chose to help one side, or both. Event participation will be tracked by faction, which can be gained by assisting either camp with acquiring event specific items off mobs in surrounding zones, or by slaying the combat mobs of either faction. You will not lose faction with the opposing camp by any action, however, so feel free to jump around.

At the end of the event, the higher value of the two factions will be your participation score. When Velious opens, you will be able to take a one time teleportation directly from the event camps into a Velious zone. The destination zone will be determined by which camp you port from. This teleport will initially only be available to those that participated the most in the event, and every several minutes that participation threshold will be lowered to gradually allow more players to teleport from the camps. This system is set up to encourage participation in the event and to take the stress off bottleneck zones like North Ro.

There will also be rare item raffles based on your participation score, so don't miss out! See you guys there.

Sostua
07-24-2015, 03:05 PM
*Puts on his Tinfoil Top-hat*