PDA

View Full Version : Raiding Rules

Deliverator
07-24-2015, 07:26 PM
Am I the only one that has absolutely no idea where this whole raid rotation crap came from, why it exists, and whose brilliant idea it was?

I've never even HEARD of something like this being implemented on a server let alone being enforced by the GM staff...

Also where the hell is all this "class c" "class r" crap even posted? There are no stickies related to it that I can find anywhere.

Ciroco
07-24-2015, 07:30 PM
There's a handy dandy search button in the upper right corner

Corpsed
07-24-2015, 07:30 PM
http://www.project1999.com/forums/showthread.php?t=189856

Deliverator
07-24-2015, 07:35 PM
Sooo... Why do these rules exist and whose brilliant idea was this class and rotation system?

Cecily
07-24-2015, 07:36 PM
More specifically this: http://www.project1999.com/raid.php

As far as who's bright idea it was... upper management. Some non-classic rules had to be implemented to keep things civil with this server's eternal Kunark fucking up all aspects of the game. Basically my guild killed all the raid content and this made people sad.

Samoht
07-24-2015, 07:37 PM
Obvious troll post is obvious. Move this shit to RNF. OP needs to go back to red.

Corpsed
07-24-2015, 07:37 PM
Because people are crybabies

Oleris
07-24-2015, 07:38 PM
Sooo... Why do these rules exist and whose brilliant idea was this class and rotation system?

old TMO http://www.project1999.com/forums/showthread.php?t=131586

Deliverator
07-24-2015, 07:50 PM
So basically because raiding was like classic raiding they made rules to make raiding ... not classic?

Samoht
07-24-2015, 07:56 PM
So basically because raiding was like classic raiding they made rules to make raiding ... not classic?

Your classic experience seems vastly different from the classic experience of many people that played on servers with rotations.

Sadre Spinegnawer
07-24-2015, 08:08 PM
OP, let me tell you something. I joined this server in Dec 2012.

I still do not understand the raid scene all that much.

Know why? Ever see the movie Heathers? Imagine not 4 Heathers, but 100. Now give them all OCD and neckbeards.

http://cdn.meme.am/instances2/500x/910037.jpg

cornisthebest
07-24-2015, 08:56 PM
OP, let me tell you something. I joined this server in Dec 2012.

I still do not understand the raid scene all that much.

Know why? Ever see the movie Heathers? Imagine not 4 Heathers, but 100. Now give them all OCD and neckbeards.

http://cdn.meme.am/instances2/500x/910037.jpg

who's the girl on the left

Sadre Spinegnawer
07-24-2015, 09:07 PM
who's the girl on the left

Pretty sure that is Chest.

evilkorn
07-24-2015, 09:08 PM
Shannen Doherty

zanderklocke
07-24-2015, 10:17 PM
Prior to raid scene changes, no guild saw a mob ever aside from TMO. We had 72+ hour variance and every mob on the server was locked down for multiple years. I joined the server when it was only BDA and TMO as main guilds, which is funny to imagine. It's not that guilds were not capable of trying or killing raid mobs; it's just the level of commitment it took to attempt mobs was not worth it to every guild except TMO. I believe TMO would even leave VP dragons up until at least 2 had spawned. FE formed to try to contest TMO, but they never really succeeded to a point where they were not the underdog.

Sadre Spinegnawer
07-24-2015, 10:33 PM
You are sugar coating it. For years, <Rampage> dominated spawns. No one could get *anything* unless they said so. There were what, 5 guilds? 6 guilds? who tried to contest <Rampage> but failed, mostly cuz gm's were in <Rampage>.

Then things got mixed up. But that was only last year.

I hate to be a pessimist, but it looks like the <Rampage> / GM gambit is back in play. Sad but true, this entire next expansion is basically already scripted, thanks to BDA

cornisthebest
07-24-2015, 10:41 PM
she smokin

Nuggie
07-24-2015, 11:15 PM
You mistake rampage for IB

Waedawen
07-25-2015, 12:48 AM

No he isn't. Rampage is the worst of the worst of IB and TMO, sieved and filtered throughout the years and eventually united, with a legion of warm bodies at their beckon call. It's honestly surreal.

I hate to be a pessimist, but it looks like the <Rampage> / GM gambit is back in play. Sad but true, this entire next expansion is basically already scripted, thanks to BDA

That's not being pessimistic, that's being realistic. Time and time and time and time again the 'top guilds' on the server have been factually proven to have the favor or blind eye of certain GM's at any given time. It's fascinating how there seems to be some kind of sycophantic allure to the Guides and even Senior GM's going and shadowing VP raids and making buddy-buddy with the people raiding.

Samoht
07-25-2015, 08:27 AM

Their guildname was "Transatlantic Rampage" - TR for short.

It's the same guild with just a shortened name.

webrunner5
07-25-2015, 10:52 AM
Obvious troll post is obvious. Move this shit to RNF. OP needs to go back to red.

Heh, it sort of does seem to lean that way. :D

Swish
07-25-2015, 11:20 AM
Obvious troll post is obvious. Move this shit to RNF.

If anyone can spot a troll it's Samoht - undercover troll pretending not to be a troll but pointing out other trolls to keep that bad cover in tact.

Detoxx
07-25-2015, 12:50 PM
Prior to raid scene changes, no guild saw a mob ever aside from TMO. We had 72+ hour variance and every mob on the server was locked down for multiple years. I joined the server when it was only BDA and TMO as main guilds, which is funny to imagine. It's not that guilds were not capable of trying or killing raid mobs; it's just the level of commitment it took to attempt mobs was not worth it to every guild except TMO. I believe TMO would even leave VP dragons up until at least 2 had spawned. FE formed to try to contest TMO, but they never really succeeded to a point where they were not the underdog.

Ironically, the guilds that didn't want to commit back then are committing more now. Look at VS. Before one person could track and if you were clever, you could jav FTE before TMO knew it with a single person and be credited with the kill. (Pras Myuharin) lol

Elad
07-25-2015, 06:24 PM
Heh, it sort of does seem to lean that way. :D

What if you guys are wrong?

2 days ago I had the SAME question as OP. I only stated playing 2 months ago...