PDA

View Full Version : Quillmane: Is it considered a 'camp' here?

xblade724
07-26-2015, 12:37 PM
Considering it spawns in any of 3 points in the entire giant zone of SK?

Maybe spawn a single point of entry, if you are sitting on the point?

But all 3 possible spawns?

If I'm hunting outside Paw and Quill just flies passed me, am I allowed to kill him if no one is nearby? I'd think yes, of course .. but just want to confirm.

Oleris
07-26-2015, 12:42 PM
not a camp unless you have a person at every spawn point.

Kreylyn
07-26-2015, 12:47 PM
Never a camp. Always FTE.

Having 4 people just increases your chance at FTE.

Sadre Spinegnawer
07-26-2015, 12:48 PM
People camp quillmane, naturally. And the spawn points are well known. If it is being camped, Quillmane is dead in thirty seconds. So, if you are going about your business, and you see a quillmane fly by you, that's yours for the taking and you might get lucky ;)

edit: if people are already sitting at the spawn points, pretty scummy to roll up and try to out-fte them imo. But hey, it's your reputation, go for it.

xblade724
07-26-2015, 12:49 PM
People camp quillmane, naturally. And the spawn points are well known. If it is being camped, Quillmane is dead in thirty seconds. So, if you are going about your business, and you see a quillmane fly by you, that's yours for the taking and you might get lucky ;)

Good explanation - cheers.

mr_jon3s
07-26-2015, 02:38 PM
As a mage I fucking hate verant for making this jackass mob part of the epic.

Swish
07-26-2015, 02:42 PM
is there a MQ'able piece attached to it? i hope not for your sake.

Darkatar
07-26-2015, 04:04 PM
is there a MQ'able piece attached to it? i hope not for your sake.

It's MQable -AND- it's a clicky!

From the way you talk it sounds like you didn't realize peggy cloak was part of the mage epic p;

Cecily
07-26-2015, 04:08 PM

It's not FTE. Please stop spreading misinformation. It's a camp if you have people on the spawn points.

slappytwotoes
07-26-2015, 05:42 PM
It's not FTE. Please stop spreading misinformation. It's a camp if you have people on the spawn points.

Confirmed by CSR staff, a camp if all spawn points are covered otherwise FTE

Whirled
07-26-2015, 08:57 PM
FTE from what I've seen DWI.gif

Herp
07-26-2015, 09:00 PM
If 2-3 people are camping spots, and you decide to hang out at the other spawn to be a dick, you're gonna have a bad time wit the GM. Maybe it depends on the GM. But it's more complicated than "if you arent there its FTE."

iruinedyourday
07-26-2015, 09:34 PM
its considered a pain in the ass hole

Bboboo
07-27-2015, 01:59 AM
Really surprised some of you guys still confuse the FTE/camp issue with this guy when it's been explained/confirmed many times by staff.

topgun1027
07-27-2015, 05:31 AM

Wrong

webrunner5
07-27-2015, 09:47 AM
When you are in a zone, SK, and you do a /who to see who is in there, and there are say 3, 4, 5 people level 40 or above in there, they sure as hell are not killing level 20 mobs. :p

ASK if they are Camping Quill, and be nice if they are, not a Dick Head. :o F your FTE stuff.

ghost182
07-27-2015, 12:30 PM
It's campable. I've had a few cloaks returned now due to KS "FTE". I've had salty groups try to pull PHs to corner of the zone because we had it camped. GM ported them out of zone. It's absolutely campable. Each spawn point is. If I have only 2 people on spawn points than yea I could see an argument that the 3rd is FTE but if I'm camping the other 2 with a group id be salty if someone is getting spawns off my PH killing. It also bothers me when someone calls Quillmane camped and doesn't have a single person on spawn points. In addition I watch players pull huge packs of non PHs and never touch the real ones and that is just lame to call it camped in that regard as well. But at the end of the day I won't contest anyone and it's their problem if they do it wrong. It just bothers me when I have a group of 4+ people. Spawn points locked down for 1,2,3 hours and someone walks in and starts lingering around. Lingerers mannnn

captnamazing
07-27-2015, 12:51 PM
lol only FTE if the people trying to make it spawn are baddos and don't have all pop sites camped.

newagemystic
07-27-2015, 02:24 PM
people farm these for you, can find loot rights for under 8k usually.

zanderklocke
07-27-2015, 02:46 PM
people farm these for you, can find loot rights for under 8k usually.

http://www.project1999.com/forums/showthread.php?t=88675

Never forget 4K cloaks!

Tasslehofp99
07-27-2015, 03:21 PM
I remember when I got 3 quillmane cloaks in 1 minute.

Back when I first started, it was possible for multiple QM pops to happen at once. I was just running through the zone killing PH'ers at like 5 AM EST and suddenly I see a QM pop, then another, and another. All 3 had cloaks, but I only had 1 toon nearby.

Thank god they aren't lore, used one for my mages epic and gave the other to a guildy mage.

dafier
07-27-2015, 03:30 PM
FTE.

But, people who are working on it normally are sitting around spawn points.

Tasslehofp99
07-27-2015, 03:54 PM
In the 4-5 years I've played here, it seems that whatever staff is around that day makes up their own ruling on what is a camp and what isn't.

The old general rule of thumb was always that outdoor zones = FTE and indoor zones like dungeons had set camps that you had to maintain a presence at to claim.

Lately though, this doesn't seem to be the case. Either way, if I see someone AFK at a camp or something like that and mobs are spawned I make sure to get proof of this before I begin to kill anything. Sad really, but you always have to cover your ass on this server.

ghost182
07-27-2015, 04:50 PM
This is Quillmane not Nobles in PoSky....why do people want to turn this into a poopsock FTE? I can't say one way or another if it ever was, but at this point, the cat is out of the bag; we know how to spawn it, we know where it spawns. it's clearly campable with 4 players. to contest when people are doing it is just a horrible direction to take this thing. if people are doing it, and doing it right, just come back another time.

Swish
07-27-2015, 04:58 PM
This is Quillmane not Nobles in PoSky....why do people want to turn this into a poopsock FTE? I can't say one way or another if it ever was, but at this point, the cat is out of the bag; we know how to spawn it, we know where it spawns. it's clearly campable with 4 players. to contest when people are doing it is just a horrible direction to take this thing. if people are doing it, and doing it right, just come back another time.

"yeah but someone just paid me for loot rights and we bought a port thinking nobody would be here. now we're here we just want a cloak and we'll be gone"

zanderklocke
07-27-2015, 05:08 PM
"yeah but someone just paid me for loot rights and we bought a port thinking nobody would be here. now we're here we just want a cloak and we'll be gone"

That's why you never pay for loot rights in advance.

Swish
07-27-2015, 05:19 PM
"why can't you share the spawn points? that's it im petitioning...we'll see what the GMs have to say... also I'm running fraps so if I get FTE you'll be in all kinds of trouble if you ks"

nyclin
07-27-2015, 05:28 PM
"ok bye"

/sit
/camp desktop

Swish
07-27-2015, 05:33 PM
That's how people lawyer their way in though, I can't stand them. If you know you've got them by the balls they'll usually just go quiet but refuse to leave.

Suntrader
07-27-2015, 06:49 PM
More than once I have seen people claim the camp, but not have all the spawn points covered. Guess they expect people not to check them out. I see a Quill flying in the wild not in range of the spawn points, I consider it fair game.