PDA

View Full Version : Breath of Harmony awesome again in Velious?

zanderklocke
07-28-2015, 10:14 AM
Every bard drops Breath of Harmony once they get their epic. However, in Velious once the epic instrument modifier works in the offhand, will we see bards be using this as their primary unless they have very high end Tunare, Sleeper's Tomb, or Tunare drops when grouping? Or, is there some other inexpensive weapon that is just as awesome and outweighs the benefit of another instant regen group song?

Obviously, I realize raiding bards will be using drums of the beast in their primary.

Daldaen
07-28-2015, 10:49 AM
Drums of Beast for Occlusion. Denon's Horn of War for Tank groups (dat DS song). Lyran's Lute for DPS groups / AE fights (dat HP regen). Ervaj's Flute for questing (dat faction song).

Basically, bards will want to throw on the primary instrument of the song they're doing and secondary the epic. I think you get sufficient procs secondarying the epic to maintain it on the group.

Cycling in BoH for a free clicky will be nice though.

Swish
07-28-2015, 10:50 AM
afk with mana song from classic - PoP, bard life ez life

falkun
07-28-2015, 12:49 PM
So unless you need MR, you get more of the other resists out of epic+psalm for whatever resist you need. So probably not as much drums as you think (assuming a person has their epic).

Looking through, until you upgrade to end-game 60% haste daggers (Koi`Doken or Tunare), you'll likely use BoH. The other possibilities might be Orb of Tishan for tash (which does not stack like it classically should), Willsapper (good luck getting that over any other melee class), or the resist sword from PD.

falkun
07-28-2015, 12:51 PM
Drums of Beast for Occlusion. Denon's Horn of War for Tank groups (dat DS song). Lyran's Lute for DPS groups / AE fights (dat HP regen). Ervaj's Flute for questing (dat faction song).

Basically, bards will want to throw on the primary instrument of the song they're doing and secondary the epic. I think you get sufficient procs secondarying the epic to maintain it on the group.

Cycling in BoH for a free clicky will be nice though.

I'm not drumming for occlusion for mobs for group content, and in my limited testing, flute does not modify amount of faction provided.

I'll likely remain DWing in group content, only swapping in a lute in significant downtimes or for lulls when initially splitting camps.

-Catherin-
07-28-2015, 12:57 PM
BoH will go back into my mainhand until I can get a drums of the beast, then ill mostly be using those

evilkorn
07-28-2015, 01:28 PM
It's still a year after Velious release, November patch.

Daldaen
07-28-2015, 01:29 PM
I'm not drumming for occlusion for mobs for group content, and in my limited testing, flute does not modify amount of faction provided.

I'll likely remain DWing in group content, only swapping in a lute in significant downtimes or for lulls when initially splitting camps.

Try flute factioning on beta. I'm 99% sure I tested it by faction songing a Coldain guard and then using the gnomes to drop my faction 1 message at a time and con until I dropped from Kindly to Amiable. Then I put on flute and did the song and I jumped back to Kindly.

Almost 100% sure on that. I also checked faction song and alliance neck and they didn't stack using the same method.

Also what evilkorn said. Epic doesn't become offhand usable for instrument purposes until 10-11 months down the line. Gonna be a ways away.

zanderklocke
07-28-2015, 02:37 PM
Almost 100% sure on that. I also checked faction song and alliance neck and they didn't stack using the same method.

Definitely correct on this. I tested as well.

However, I'm not positive on the flute actually changing faction. I did not notice much difference from the sky one when I tested, but perhaps, I was not at the right levels to test well.

Daldaen
07-28-2015, 02:48 PM
Test the way I describe. Use faction song and con a Coldain guard. Drop your faction 1 message at a time with the gnomes until you drop 1 tier of faction, then equip the flute and sing the song again on the guard and see if that bumps you back up a tier. It should get modified.

falkun
07-28-2015, 03:20 PM
Yeah, that's why I stipulated "limited" testing. That "limited testing" consisted of:
1) zoning into Skyshrine
2) conning KOS to mobs
3) using faction song sans lute
4) conning dubious to mobs
5) using faction song with lute
6) conning dubious to mobs

I well might have been on the two ends of dubious, but I was still dubious. From the wiki, Cinda's (http://wiki.project1999.com/Cinda%27s_Charismatic_Carillon) is a 610 point faction boost, Ervaj's flute (http://wiki.project1999.com/Ervaj%27s_Flute_of_Flight) is a 220% wind mod, and dubious faction (http://wiki.project1999.com/Faction) is either -500 to -100, or -700 to -101. Assuming the wiki is correct, the flute alone should provide 732 faction points, and the largest faction spread for dubious is 599. There is no possible way I could have remained within the same faction spread if the flute worked as the wiki indicates. Now, the song value may already include an instrument mod (if so, what amount?), or the faction scale may be larger than the wiki indicates, or some other factor.

webrunner5
07-29-2015, 01:08 PM
afk with mana song from classic - PoP, bard life ez life

LMAO. Well pretty much the case for a ton of Bards on here. :p Well at least the Hybrid Penalty will come off. :)

Getsmurfed
07-29-2015, 01:37 PM
The issue with using BoH is that Niv's has a rune component that is consumed when an AE goes out there losing the regen. If you're raiding often Niv's provides less overall mitigation / healing than Shield of Song would yield. I'd have to side with Falkun, w/ epic and nearly BiS Kunark gear I can attain 255 dex easily which makes epic proc in offhand not even an issue. So I'll mainhand Lyran's / Sky horn flip flopping them to maintain DS / atk buff and Shield of Song / Cant / Resto. Maybe it'll serve a purpose in groups.

applesauce25r624
07-29-2015, 02:50 PM
shame on you for not putting this in the melee forum