PDA

View Full Version : A velious question

Old Prexus
07-28-2015, 11:42 PM
What's the deal with the custom looking velious armor for each race? are they obtainable for the common rascal?

Maelstrom
07-29-2015, 12:36 AM
Just need the helm and amiable Coldain faction to do the hand-in to Royal Armorer Slade.

Ele
07-29-2015, 12:48 AM
Plate classes only

Or

Zlandicar cowl, tormax crown, or dain crown

Skyshrine and Kael custom quest givers require warmly.

webrunner5
07-29-2015, 11:42 AM
I doubt the average person is going to be able to do it at the start, but the lower stuff IS doable for Joe Blows lol. :p

Old Prexus
07-29-2015, 09:29 PM
Oh I thought there was the custom looking armor for all types of armor, from cloth leather up to plate.

blondeattk
07-30-2015, 07:19 AM
theres a ranger version of this of this quest...

tunare only sadly which mean my hfl ranger cant....oh wait!

:P

Ele
07-30-2015, 10:32 AM
Oh I thought there was the custom looking armor for all types of armor, from cloth leather up to plate.

Velious -textures- are automatic on Velious armor.

May have to enable it in your eqclient.ini file. VELIOUSTEXTURES=TRUE or something like that.

Byrjun
07-30-2015, 04:32 PM

There is, but people are talking about the custom helms for some reason. They won't even be available at the start of Velious.

Most armor that comes from Velious has the new graphics. Like, the Netted Kelp armor from Kedge will give you a new cloth armor graphic, Ry`Gorr armor is a kind of "chain"... in fact they added 3 different "types" of chain armor in Velious to differentiate between classes that are traditionally chain/plate hybrids, like shamans. They use "scale." It didn't really work so they eventually starting splitting armor by type so rogues/shamans/rangers got all the same armor, etc.

Anyways, there's some easy drops that have the graphics but if you're looking for a full set of the stuff your best bet is grinding in Kael a lot. The armor is barely better than fear/hate stuff except for the legs and chest though. If you do enough Kael you can do the armor turn-ins in Thurgadin. This stuff is also easily multi-quested, so you could just grind the plat if you prefer that route.

Old Prexus
07-30-2015, 08:12 PM
There is, but people are talking about the custom helms for some reason. They won't even be available at the start of Velious.

Most armor that comes from Velious has the new graphics. Like, the Netted Kelp armor from Kedge will give you a new cloth armor graphic, Ry`Gorr armor is a kind of "chain"... in fact they added 3 different "types" of chain armor in Velious to differentiate between classes that are traditionally chain/plate hybrids, like shamans. They use "scale." It didn't really work so they eventually starting splitting armor by type so rogues/shamans/rangers got all the same armor, etc.

Anyways, there's some easy drops that have the graphics but if you're looking for a full set of the stuff your best bet is grinding in Kael a lot. The armor is barely better than fear/hate stuff except for the legs and chest though. If you do enough Kael you can do the armor turn-ins in Thurgadin. This stuff is also easily multi-quested, so you could just grind the plat if you prefer that route.

That's pretty much exactly what I was hoping to hear. Thanks indeed chum for the informative post.

Ulriche
07-30-2015, 08:32 PM
To get warmly in Skyshrine I camped in KD for a couple of weeks and just ground faction.

It was worth it to get full Scaled Knight's, but geez it's a pain. For Skyshrine gear it requires a solid raid to get into Halls of Testing and get the armor drops.