PDA

View Full Version : South Karana Bard Kiting?

Cedarwood
07-29-2015, 03:01 PM
So my Bard is now lvl 22 on red and I was looking to do some kiting in South Karana. I was just wondering what I should be pulling since I know some of the centaurs are archers and I'm not sure if I'm high enough for the aviaks.

Thank you for any help. :)

kined
07-30-2015, 09:18 AM
gorge hounds, some griffons, and then whatever else is blue that isn't an eye.

Daldaen
07-30-2015, 09:24 AM
gorge hounds, some griffons, and then whatever else is blue that isn't an eye.

This is east karana.

In south the entire avaik fort, splitpaw gnolls, and that's it.

Centaur run at different speed from aviaks and gnolls. Also the aviak egrets (lowest level) run faster than the others. So you have to kill those first.

It's really not a great zone to AE kite in now that run speed changes were made to mobs.

kined
07-30-2015, 09:27 AM
This is east karana.

In south the entire avaik fort, splitpaw gnolls, and that's it.

Centaur run at different speed from aviaks and gnolls. Also the aviak egrets (lowest level) run faster than the others. So you have to kill those first.

It's really not a great zone to AE kite in now that run speed changes were made to mobs.

whoops you are right. forgot about that... but yeah SK is pretty crappy for kiting, i did it for a while kiting aviaks and then snagging whatever was up at the gnoll spires. nothing else is very kiteable. really wasn't a fan of kiting there because it was just frustrating when trying to build up a fat kite. the roaming giants and the centaurs made it difficult.

webrunner5
07-30-2015, 10:06 AM
Not counting there is really not that many mobs even in the Zone to pull. :p

Daldaen
07-30-2015, 10:13 AM
22-30 I think you can do LoIO or Overthere easy side to 25ish. Around 30 you can pick up in Overthere.

Sancta
07-30-2015, 05:07 PM
East Karana Gorge Hounds until 23
or
OT stoneglint cocks + barbed trees (northwest part of the zone) until 26ish

LOIO (23-27 courier side of the lake, 26-32 sarnak fort side of the lake) don't pull casters or tigers, to be safe just pulled skellies on either side

FV drovlargs 32 - 40
or
OT stoneleer cocks + thorny trees 32- 35,
then ALL stoneleer/stonegazer cocks + ALL thorny/spiked trees 35-47,
only stonegazers cocks and spiked trees can be annoying 34 or below really
or
Dreadlands 40 - 50/51 drovlargs,
only the ravishing drovlargs might get annoying since they can come white-red to a lvl 40

EDIT: Burning Woods 51-60, skellies / gorillas / bees, The kites here are SUPER long, since they have a lot higher HP now compared to your dots, the only two safe spots are in the ZL to Skyfire and the ZL to dreadlands.

Levels may differ on different opinions, I just find that pulling all blues is best since pulling a few reds mixed with blues will just generally slow you down overall. You can still complete the kite, but you'll have to do some extra circles for the reds and it'll only be a few extra mobs, why not just start a new kite with all mobs being blue and that won't resist so often? Can get more kites per hour without the reds mixed in.

They are all social (minus skeletons) so sometimes I would just kill the 50+ blues I have and zone 10 or so reds so I can kill 50+ blues again quicker. my2c

My last thought is since you are on red, you highly benefit from having at least 1 more person in your party while kiting, can even sell the spots and have a full 6 man because the bonus for having people in a group on red is HUGE. Bring some PBAOE classes to go even faster!

Hope this helps.

Cedarwood
07-31-2015, 04:52 PM
Thank for all the help everyone I have decided to move over to OT and stay there for awhile and maybe now that you suggested LOIO I might check that out but I never knew there were mobs at 26 there to kite.

Cedarwood
07-31-2015, 10:30 PM
LOIO (23-27 courier side of the lake, 26-32 sarnak fort side of the lake) don't pull casters or tigers, to be safe just pulled skellies on either side

Sorry but what side of the lake is the courier side and would pulling the iksar exiles and goblins (as long as they're not casters) be fine.

Sancta
08-01-2015, 12:27 AM
Sorry but what side of the lake is the courier side and would pulling the iksar exiles and goblins (as long as they're not casters) be fine.

The Firiona Vie side is the courier side. It can be tricky sometimes, just make sure the goblin/iksar non-caster you're pulling doesn't have sow on them and you'll be alright

;)

Kowalski
08-01-2015, 12:29 AM
At that lvl I pulled aviaks and gnolls.