PDA

View Full Version : Game freezing on new laptop

TDG
07-31-2015, 01:09 AM
I recently got a new lap top because the old one was over heating. I bought an HP envy x360 with an intel corei7. I copied the game over from my old lap top and was able to log in. However, whenever I get even the slightest lag spike all of my graphics start repeating themselves (it looks like I just won at solitaire with all the names repeating themselves in wavey lines). Sometimes it happens within a minute, sometimes it takes 1 hours, but it always happens. It appears that when I am looking around I get a lag spike facing one direction, then I am unable to look in that direction and pretty soon the entire game is frozen. I have attempted to change my graphics, my resolution, screen size, and frame rate. All have been totally unsuccessful. If anyone would offer any help, I would be very much in your debt.

Sorn
07-31-2015, 01:30 AM
You may have an issue with the graphics card itself, which is beyond the scope of this forum. I'm not sure what your particular laptop may come with. My non-expert opinion is maybe the drivers are the issue, since only the game is being affected. It could also be some basic settings for 3D acceleration. You'll have to dig around your OS rather than play with settings in EQ.

It's unlikely that the issue is with something like DirectX since the game does actually start up. May want to test that anyway.